Time to Brawl in the PVP Training Grounds!

13

Comments

  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    Pass along my thanks @Joel for the Free Rune Unequip for a few days with this event. Much better than that 2 hour window previously given. :)

    Wait ?/ it was for a few day ?? I only got 2 hours...
  • pjworldpjworld Member
    edited January 12
    wow...so I just wasted tens of millions shifting around runes for the past few hours for no reason? :(

    The fact that you guys didn't even mention that we will be getting this later in the event is a very low blow to all those trying to complete the quests early.
  • darren wrote: »
    Wait ?/ it was for a few day ?? I only got 2 hours...
    That was the initial offer when Combat Revamp came out earlier. Now it's automatically active for next few days. Devs actually heard everyone complaining about the 2 hours...
  • pjworld wrote: »
    wow...so I just wasted tens of millions shifting around runes for the past few hours for no reason? :(

    The fact that you guys didn't even mention that we will be getting this later in the event is a very low blow to all those trying to complete the quests early.
    It's listed in the game under events tab and is automatically active. It shouldn't have cost you any gold to unequip. At least since daily reset today. Not sure if this was active yesterday (Jan 11)...
  • @Joel with everyone complaining about the previous 2 hour free rune unequip, surprised you didn't make a post about this?!?! Would have gotten much thanks/kudos...
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    pjworld wrote: »
    wow...so I just wasted tens of millions shifting around runes for the past few hours for no reason? :(

    The fact that you guys didn't even mention that we will be getting this later in the event is a very low blow to all those trying to complete the quests early.
    It's listed in the game under events tab and is automatically active. It shouldn't have cost you any gold to unequip. At least since daily reset today. Not sure if this was active yesterday (Jan 11)...

    right, I was talking about the gap between yesterday and today, because that 2 hour window we were offered before was not even enough to fully unequip all the runes, between all the crashing that happens every few mins you swap runes around. I got through all 10 quests before reset today =/
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    @Joel with everyone complaining about the previous 2 hour free rune unequip, surprised you didn't make a post about this?!?! Would have gotten much thanks/kudos...

    It's Friday, and already well into the afternoon, they joel and crew scurried home to have a weekend of silence, yet dreading the very upcoming monday.
  • It's Friday, and already well into the afternoon, they joel and crew scurried home to have a weekend of silence, yet dreading the very upcoming monday.
    True, there is that...
  • pjworld wrote: »
    The fact that you guys didn't even mention that we will be getting this later in the event is a very low blow to all those trying to complete the quests early.

    Most likely cause they weren't planning on adding it at all, until they read all the negative feedback regarding the 2 hour offer. Then they decided to add this offer last minute to the event.
  • The free rune equip is nice, but I’m in the legend ranks. I’m not going to see a team sh!tty enough to beat with an all healer team...like EVER
  • If all the high end players put their defensive team to all Healers for a day (or few hours), you could all get the quest completed. Just gotta coordinate and take a few losses.
  • danacdanac Member
    danac wrote: »
    JackNugget wrote: »

    Did Level Capped ever actually leave?

    there's 6 of them left last i checked.

    as for the rest, you don't wanna know where they went.

    Im very interested , where did they go?

    I do believe Garfield found a new litterbox


    Edit: It's nice to see a special events thread getting more than even 2 pages of responses , sucks that it took this event to make it happen though

    Well, that was a joke, and I'm not in on all this behind the scenes stuff, but from what I've been told/seen, some retired, some scattered, and the rest merged with the potatoes, because the potatoes are taking over everything. Which really makes sense, I guess. If you're gonna de-brand LC, and you don't wanna just split everything up in the VAS family, their choice was UW, AoA, PA, or possibly FB. I'm guessing a LC/UW merge didn't make it out of the steering committee.

    ...As for the PVP event, I've decided my best response is to not do *any* PVP this week.
    Still on the fence about that, I'd drop out of legendary and warlord.

    But then taking the Tower away from me is bad enough to make me not want to play at all.

  • Free refresh would be quite helpful for this event as well. Trying to kill the waves of shade/zomm or beast teams with f’ing healers is asinine.

    Note: I threw out an unruned, unascended defense. Everyone else should do the same. Just undermine the event completely.
  • I've pretty much stopped doing the event due to refresh costs. Free refresh for this event would allow me to go crazy and do LOTS of testing.
  • I was on the fence about changing my team to help others, but screw it, my ratio is crap anyways this season so let the raids begin!!!
  • What are the 2-hour boosts? I’ve seen material, gold and evo but no bounty token boost.
  • Fix. The. Tower.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Lol, 'Ugh, 2 hour unequip isn't enough! I'm so angry!', and then, 'Ugh, now there's a 2 day unequip! Why didn't you say so! I'm so angry!' Will you all never be pleased?
  • Lol, 'Ugh, 2 hour unequip isn't enough! I'm so angry!', and then, 'Ugh, now there's a 2 day unequip! Why didn't you say so! I'm so angry!' Will you all never be pleased?
    Yeah, that’s kinda my reaction. I’ve played this game on and off over the last 2+ years and find it pretty amazing how often the devs read and react to player input. I expect they are semi-immune to the b!tc#ing by now, but it must get tiring.
  • Why do you feel the need to be an apologist for Big Fish? Do you really think they nailed this release of the combat revamp?

    1. They should have had free rune unequips from the start. They KNEW we would have to completely rerune our heroes.
    2. They should have turned off streaks for this season. Losses are inevitable with a new meta and people attempting these quests; no streaks would have meant that people didn't have to choose between participation and focusing on Boss 100.
    3. They should have fixed the Healer debacle before leaving for the weekend. The issue with lackluster heals was apparent from day one. They've pretty much ignored our wails and gnashing of teeth.

    The raid ticket rebate and, ultimately, giving us the free rune unequip for the weekend were two good moves on their part but you can't ignore the fact that they bungled this release. Let people vent. They need to let Big Fish know they screwed up.
  • And now tower doesn't work and it's the weekend! So convenient , I can't wait to see what "compensation" theyll give
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Why do you feel the need to be an apologist for Big Fish? Do you really think they nailed this release of the combat revamp?

    1. They should have had free rune unequips from the start. They KNEW we would have to completely rerune our heroes.
    2. They should have turned off streaks for this season. Losses are inevitable with a new meta and people attempting these quests; no streaks would have meant that people didn't have to choose between participation and focusing on Boss 100.
    3. They should have fixed the Healer debacle before leaving for the weekend. The issue with lackluster heals was apparent from day one. They've pretty much ignored our wails and gnashing of teeth.

    The raid ticket rebate and, ultimately, giving us the free rune unequip for the weekend were two good moves on their part but you can't ignore the fact that they bungled this release. Let people vent. They need to let Big Fish know they screwed up.

    Agreed. They also should have removed refresh costs.

    But I'm happy they gave a 3 day rune unequip, however, I get why ppl are mad about it coming after the fact of the 2 hour unequip. It's like they added a level of stress with only having 2 hours to test this giant update. If they had just given the 3 day unequip from the get go, ppl would be a lot more relaxed about beta testing for DB.

    And on top of that, one major piece of their game is broken (tower) and they can't even be bothered to respond. Yes I know it's the weekend, but when you have customers using your product, you should have someone or some kind of outlet to be notified of things breaking.
  • And now tower doesn't work and it's the weekend! So convenient , I can't wait to see what "compensation" theyll give

    Assuming they don't fix until Monday 3pm CST, they better give like 3 days worth of 275 gems, 200 stam, and extra pwn cups for folks who needed to buy things.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    And now tower doesn't work and it's the weekend! So convenient , I can't wait to see what "compensation" theyll give

    Assuming they don't fix until Monday 3pm CST, they better give like 3 days worth of 275 gems, 200 stam, and extra pwn cups for folks who needed to buy things.

    100 gems, 45 stamina , 8 raid tickets

    "Thanks for playing boss"
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    @pjworld someone mentioned this in another thread, but this event is basically for them to acquire data to see how balanced or unbalanced the new combat revamp is with PvP. We are just testing it for them.

    Yeah. And when players get frustrated with DB's broken system, they have the honor of paying 10$ to refresh their efforts? C'mon. How many businesses actually charge their customer base to fix problems the developers can't fix on their own?
  • DaddysGirlDaddysGirl Member
    edited January 14
    I feel like I want to do this PVP Training Grounds event but it's just impossible .. even with about 30+ superior runes that I can move around it still just comes down to if you manage to use a paid refresh to get another set of three teams and hope that one of them is weak enough for you to even try to battle. It's a lot of work to put in for little reward. AND NOW ... all my runes are scattered amongst all my other characters it's going to take me hours to get it back to normal to play it again .. sigh
  • JackNugget wrote: »

    Furthermore, openly treating your fan base like beta testers is pretty insulting after a while. Your system blows, so you tinker with it on our dime? And then you keep throwing more "offers" at us? No, thanks.

    This actually happened and needs to be pointed out
  • I asked this question on another thread and received radio silence: What happened to the focus groups? Why wasn't this horrible healing caught and stomped out before being pushed to all of us?
  • And what topic that’s a true issue do they ever address. WAgs the dog look over here every truing is rosy.
  • Took me like 60-70 Raid tickets but I completed all the quests, I enjoyed this event, it'd be cool if you could unlock a bounty hunter event as well though.
    Current Wishlist: Solaris.

    Free agent.

    Buff Takumi, Balog and Alexandros.
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com