The First Guild Games of 2018 Have Begun!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
obb4y26uvlqf.png

Let the scavenger hunts begin! We've put together a brand new set of quests that won't tell you exactly what you need to do to complete them, but will give you a clue about where to begin. Work together with your guild (and the overall game hivemind if you want) to solve the riddles and earn guild points as well as tickets. There will be a 4-step scavenger hunt quest released today and tomorrow, and two separate scavenger hunts on Saturday. There will be no new quests on Sunday, as the event will be ending at 11:59pm CST to allow guilds a chance to reshuffle before the start of the new week. We didn't want to put pressure to complete a day's worth of quests in less than a day, especially when it would cause a disadvantage to players in certain time zones, so we are instead releasing two day's worth of quests at the same time on Saturday (as we did in the prior Guild Games).

There will also be event dungeons released today, tomorrow, and Saturday that will have a few quests related to them. Each will have a quest requiring you to simply 3-star the dungeon, but the others will require you to beat it with a particular assortment of heroes.

Most guild points and tickets will be earned through quests, but they can also be earned from running campaign dungeons. Campaign dungeons will pay out 50 of each, and event dungeons will pay out 100 of each.

The top ranked guilds will get the brand new Crystal Princess Icebloom skin! We're also paying out Goretusk tokens, and a variety of other prizes. Prizes will be awarded to the top 50 guilds, as well as any guild that earns a total of 1 million guild points or more. You can check the leaderboard for full reward details.

We have also brought back repeatable quest leaderboards. Just like last time, each day will have a quest that can be repeated, in this case up to 10 times, that will pay out guild points and tickets, but will also count towards a separate leaderboard that will track the number of times your guild has completed that quest. These leaderboards pay out based on thresholds, not ranking, it's meant to be a challenge for your guild, but not an additional competiton, that's what the main leaderboard is for!

NOTE: With the exception of the daily repeatable quests, none of the Guild Games quests will expire before the end of the event. All of the event dungeon and scavenger hunt quests will remain in your quest log until the end of the event!

In addition, we're rolling out a new type of Ultra Runes today: Corruption Runes! They are only available as dark runes, and can only be crafted as greater or superior runes, similar to the other specialty runes we've released. They have two Attack stat boosts, defense, and disease touch. As with other Ultra Runes, they are guaranteed to be crafted as 5-star legendary runes. (NOTE: We are aware that there is a problem with the Corruption Rune art, we're getting that fixed, but they still work properly!)

----

Original post:
Hey everyone!

A last minute issue reared its ugly head, so we're putting a slight delay on the start of Guild Games. It should only be an hour or so, and I'll update this thread with the Guild Games info once the event starts. Enjoy the calm before the storm!

Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Qeue angry players
  • I agree. Really no problem with that. Thanks for the info!
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • WasiWasi Member
    What???

I’m submitting a support ticket for 200 gems.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • 3689cimtt0tu.jpg
  • WasiWasi Member
    I was being facetious btw..
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • I'm fine with it ,
    Believe there's no problem here
  • WasiWasi Member
    Better to wait and get it right
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • Wasi wrote: »
    What???

I’m submitting a support ticket for 200 gems.

Unbelievable how spoiled this player base is. Demanding compensation for saving us from a nasty Guild Games bug!

Just kidding btw. :trollface:

• Well at least they were on the ball this time...
  • Better late and working vs ontime and broken :)
    Potato Chips Guild - Lvl 74
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • Will this extend the event an hour or will the event closing time still be 9 PM PST ?
  • Love guild games overall. One suggestion, and this has come up before, but is starting to get really frustrating: the reward rune needs to be better than a craftable rune. You had the yellow guild games rune that was worse than a planning rune. Now you have this blue one that is worse than a survivor rune. If you aren’t in a top 5 guild it starts to get far worse. Top guilds will compete because that’s what we do, but you’d get more out of us if the rune was something new/different/unique or even just better than what we’ve all already crafted.

Just run it by the focus group or something next time please.
  • Hell yea make shade stronger!!!! Now he'll not only haunt your whole team and fear the target, but now he might disease!!
  • show me your moves anyone?
  • FaendyrFaendyr Member
    edited January 19
    "Show me your move" is calling friend's champion.
    EDIT 1: "War, war never changes" is killing warrior with warrior.
    EDIT 2: "I'll be honest, killing you is hard" is defeating big boss (like Kang) with a tank (done in normal campaign mode).

See ya later !
    Post edited by Faendyr on
  • show me your moves anyone?

Call your friends
  • Will any quests disappear, or will they all remain until the end?
  • AtizZAtizZ Member
    heeler wrote: »
    Will any quests disappear, or will they all remain until the end?

NOTE: With the exception of the daily repeatable quests, none of the Guild Games quests will expire before the end of the event. All of the event dungeon and scavenger hunt quests will remain in your quest log until the end of the event!
    oNC5bHb.png
  • AtizZ wrote: »
    Will any quests disappear, or will they all remain until the end?

Thank you!! I guess I should have read the event announcement. ;-) So Grand Touring is what will disappear tomorrow then.
  • ga4ooo2ga4ooo2 Member
    edited January 19
    0 chance to get good rewards from guild games earn 4000000 guild points and u can stop compete. While my guild have only 5000 guild points nr1. have 5000000.
    Very disappointed at this guild game event and its reward system
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Only one skin this time? Aww. Okay...
  • WasiWasi Member
    edited January 19
    So new rune but no corrupted hearts for the event? In shop or rewards.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • WasiWasi Member
    So... just a QL/spend your resources race? Really? That totally violates the historical spirit of GG. GG are about: fun, guild members working together to solve clues, creativity, and effort. Not this. This breaks my heart.

The justification was 'people don't want to grind'. Grinding a dungeon or grinding a quick loot button is the same thing to me, only less $$$$, so I can't really understand that logic @xtmn8r ?
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • danacdanac Member
    Let's not be too hasty here.
    It's possible that the devs might not have realized that the games were designed for whales to just spend their way into first place with like 30 minutes of work.

• Last straw. I’m out.
  • jason58 wrote: »
    Last straw. I’m out.

See ya !