The First Guild Games of 2018 Have Begun!

Comments

• liliphireliliphire Member
    edited January 19
    I can’t believe I am saying this but I sure hope this was another blunder. Just exploit (quickloot) your way to the top, again....
  • @Joel Wow. Worst Guild Games in the history of Guild Games. I'm SO SO incredibly disappointed in this event. Forget all strategy, forget all content, forget all competition. He who spends the most real dollars wins. This is truly awful.

Best strategy to win guild games
    Skip all quests, skip all content.
    Run Dungeon once.
    Quickloot dungeon 2,000 times
    Buy Gems
    Convert gems to Stamina
    Buy Gems
    Convert gems to Stamina
    Repeat, Repeat, Repeat.

Exactly, if you want to shop buy GEMS not STAMINA.
    In this GG there is a very big scandal.
    Apart from the fact that you made us lost some tower runs and gave us poor compensation after our revolt, you decided to give the same points for quick looting the dungeon in a competitive event, thinking this way to force people to buy those outrages stamina packs, that have absurd prices.
    Dear players, if you want to shop buy GEMS not STAMINA!!!!!
    Like in other cases there is a huge difference between two packs that can be bought for the same reason.
    @Joel @xtmn8r you should avoid such things as they are totally unfair and it looks like if you want to "cheat" players (you only know if this is true or not....personally I think that it is INTENTIONAL).
    The price of stamina packs like I said is outrageous for these reasons.
    First of all because before for the same amount of the 500 pack you could buy 750 stamina and also some keys and you should stop raising all prices if you want us to spend our money.
    In the second time because it's much more convenient to buy gems and then with gems buy stamina, and the difference is so huge that whoever bought stamina pack should feel cheated.
    I.E. for a vip 10:
    for 9.99 $ or 10.99 € (considering that you need 1.2 $ to get 1 € the exchange is a fraud, but this is another story) you can buy 500 stamina or 2.380 gems immediately (with 1.600 of them you can buy 500 stamina and save 780 gems) or 3.000 gems in 4 days
    for 99.99 $ or 109.99 € you can buy 3.200 stamina or 34.000 gems immediately (with 10.240 gems you can 3.200 stamina and save 23.760 gems) or 50.000 gems in 4 days.
    The difference is so huge that it is like a fraud to less careful players and it is absolutely unacceptable.
    Whoever spent money for gems packs should be very angry and receive compensation for such miserable trap.
    I apologize for the spirit but I am very tired of seeing such poor tricks to spill money from less careful players.
  • Last but not at leat this is the worst event ever where there is no real competition.
    Giving the quick loot the same amount of points of the normal run whoever will spend more money and quick loot will win. So pathetic
    edited January 19
    Pathetic doesn’t even begin to describe the worthlessness of this ‘event’. It’s more appropriate to call it Power Bill Disconnect Notice. Times must be hard at HQ.
  • Since others have already properly explained why this gg sucks let’s also talk about the prizes.
    dekn8epl78xj.png

This is all you get. No ultra rune no heart just b.s.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    I have no objection to BF milking whales to support the game. After all whales are mammals. If players want to spend a lot more to earn rewards that aren’t necessarily worth the cost, good for them. I am glad they are supporting the game. I am also glad I am in a guild that spends the minimal amount to get what we want. @momdukz and others in our guild all no what we all want.

I have nothing against players who spend to support the game also for players who do not spend a single cent even because I am one of the first group as I am VIP 10.
    What I cannot accept are frauds like the one I have described and making a competitive event ONLY based on spending....in other events like this there was a difference if you quick loot or run and that was a good balance between grinding players who do not want to spend and spending players.
    This event is the worst ever as it is based only and exclusively on spending....no matter if you are good player or how much time you spend on game
  • @Joel Wow. Worst Guild Games in the history of Guild Games. I'm SO SO incredibly disappointed in this event. Forget all strategy, forget all content, forget all competition. He who spends the most real dollars wins. This is truly awful.

Best strategy to win guild games
    Skip all quests, skip all content.
    Run Dungeon once.
    Buy Gems
    Convert gems to Stamina
    Buy Gems
    Convert gems to Stamina
    Repeat, Repeat, Repeat.

I agree 110%. Why even do the scavenger hunt. Just spend the $$$, quick loot until you wear a hole in your screen and you can reach the top. Very depressing and I don’t have much stomach for this. The end game is quickly approaching. So sad.
    edited January 19
    It gets better, after 10 you get crap..., thanks DB.
    Post edited by liliphire on
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited January 19
    A week ago a bunch of people in this forum started complaining about tower that deprived them of stam needed for upcoming guild games.

- How did those few know that GG was coming?
    - How did those few know the need to save stamina?

Seems like this week's tasks are:

- get guild points to 4M+ (and -maybe- top 50)
    - do some event quests, get some tickets to purchase mats/tokens.
    - do a few repeatables if it helps guild, no way can afford stam to total complete, and no reason to do it

Other than that, just go about working on epics and waiting to see what the next event brings.

Am I missing something else I should be doing?
    Post edited by sirtainly on
  • Apparently not everyone has the same advantages to information around here.
  • For a month we've known Guild Games was coming at the "end of January" since this was disclosed in the Summit chat everyone has access to. As for what should you be saving for next ... as we just got Goretusk recently I do not suspect the next big event will be a Boss Invasion, but Dungeon Boss will want to quickly have another event to make up for this complete disaster so I would expect a PvP Grand Tourny in two weeks from now.
  • The idea that you could just quickloot your way to the top, I didn’t know that until yesterday, however other people in other forums said they knew this all along, which is what I am referring to, so no, the communication is not equal.
  • I’m surprised the blues haven’t shut the quickloot down and given us some lame response that this was not intended.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited January 19
    For a month we've known Guild Games was coming at the "end of January" since this was disclosed in the Summit chat everyone has access to. As for what should you be saving for next ... as we just got Goretusk recently I do not suspect the next big event will be a Boss Invasion, but Dungeon Boss will want to quickly have another event to make up for this complete disaster so I would expect a PvP Grand Tourny in two weeks from now.

Jax:

I appreciate your reply, please don't take my reply personally. I'm just trying to add my own perspective.

Thanks for letting me know about details appearing in Summit chat logs. I thought they'd stopped summits in favor of some form of Question/Answer process, at least that's what one of the sticky messages in the forum said. Tbh, I've been too swamped to pay close attention to that issue.

At your suggestion I went back, found a log from the 1/8/18 summit in a reply at the end of that thread, and it said:

"12:05 xtmn8r ETA of next Guild Games?
    Tracking towards January 18th"

So you are correct, even though it was not "definite". Maybe there's some way of summarizing the very most important upcoming items in separate forum posts? I wouldn't expect most players would comb through each summit chat.

Unfortunately I do not have the DB experience to realize that success in this event needed a lot of stamina, and frankly now that I see people with so much stamina either saved up or purchased, I doubt I could have fared well competitively against them even if I did save up what stamina I could (hundreds).

I'm just sayin' that it FEELS like a lot of people seem to know whats coming and how to prepare for it, but a lot of us don't and it makes is feel left behind. Based on your reply I'm going to make it a point to scan through summit logs, but that'll only help a little.

By the way, please refresh my memory, what are the Grand Guild games? We just got done with a massive pvp extravaganza. Forgive my memory on this. It sounds like something I should already know.
  • StevusStevus Member
    edited January 19
    I think my last message got deleted, so bear with me if it reappears...

@sirtainly -- With regard to some people seeming to know what's coming, I think a lot of that comes from guys like @JaxBoomstick having been around since DBs inception. We're on GGX (aka GGQL) now, and for those of us that've been around for a while, the pattern of upcoming events has become very, very discernible. You're right in that the only real strategy for GG is to hoard stamina (and maybe keys this time around), but I'm not seeing any insider edge here as this prep is really no different than any other GG. In fact, I don't even think Big Fish anticipated how lame GGQL would be with the bonehead decision to give QLs equal value to manual runs. Just my two cents! Happy tapping :smile:
    Post edited by Stevus on
  • Stevus wrote: »
    PS - If you're looking for a new drinking game, have a sip every time I said 'real' or 'really' in that last post and enjoy that buzz! XD
    @Stevus - Looks like maybe you edited your post too soon or something, cause it's not showing :/
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • StevusStevus Member
    edited January 19
    Haha yep @sirolk99 and now your quoted message is gone bc that's the one I edited to replace the ghosted msg! ftw!
  • Stevus wrote: »
    PS - If you're looking for a new drinking game, have a sip every time I said 'real' or 'really' in that last post and enjoy that buzz! XD
    Stevus wrote: »
    Haha yep sirolk99 and now your quoted message is gone bc that's the one I edited to replace the ghosted msg! ftw!

Take heart, it lives on in my quotes! ;)
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • For those who were complaining about the missing Corrupted Hearts and lack of options in the shop, don't spend your tickets yet (I already did).

They will be adding Corrupted Heart (max purchase of 3) into the shop on Monday, well after the end of the event. You know, because everyone waits until 16+ hours after the event end to spend their earnings.

Totally natural.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Confirming what @FatCat69 said. From @xtmn8r. This has been posted in the guild summit chat as well:

"We appreciate everyone’s feedback. Whether we agree or disagree with the current system for GG, changing ruleset midstream would not make things fair. We can discuss in more detail during the Guild Summit Monday. In the meantime, we are planning to add a Corrupted Heart to the ticket shop. Based on Winterfest feedback, the response was lukewarm, so we honestly thought people didn’t care about them. We want to call it out here and now that we will add it, but it may not appear in the shop until MONDAY, at which point the shop will have ~12 hours remaining. So before people blow their event tickets on other items, I want to make you aware of it and communicate it to your guildmates. They will cost 100,000 event tickets with a Limit of 3. Thanks for the feedback and I look forward to the discussions on Monday."
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • @joel @FatCat69
    How many tickets for each corrupted heart?

Unfortunately I blew my tickets on the title. Worst. Purchase. Ever. Didn’t think there’d be corrupted hearts :disappointed:
  • Joel wrote: »
    Confirming what @FatCat69 said. From @xtmn8r. This has been posted in the guild summit chat as well:

"We appreciate everyone’s feedback. Whether we agree or disagree with the current system for GG, changing ruleset midstream would not make things fair. We can discuss in more detail during the Guild Summit Monday. In the meantime, we are planning to add a Corrupted Heart to the ticket shop. Based on Winterfest feedback, the response was lukewarm, so we honestly thought people didn’t care about them. We want to call it out here and now that we will add it, but it may not appear in the shop until MONDAY, at which point the shop will have ~12 hours remaining. So before people blow their event tickets on other items, I want to make you aware of it and communicate it to your guildmates. They will cost 100,000 event tickets with a Limit of 3. Thanks for the feedback and I look forward to the discussions on Monday."

@Joel I appreciate this sentiment, but i'm trying to see the difference between this and the winterfest Greater summon wreath issue. Why the difference of opinion on Boss Fight's part on how to handle this, it does create not consistency. You seemed plenty happy to change things at a drop of a hat to make things unfair in that instance.

How will you be handling situations like this in future?

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Wolfreich wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    How will you be handling situations like this in future?

Full discussions on 'how' will be discussed at the summit on Monday. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com