Now I am angry and you won't talk

Floor 1 lvl 64 Solaris team of sol Leo bovus and goretusk just took out my best lvl 70 sol grog goretusk koros there is now no point my attempting the tower I'm losing a potential 275 gems plus pwnage points resulting in a loss of extra stamina and this in the middle of guild games means I may let down my guild and it will be your fault I will throw the rest of my hero s at it but it's obvious I have already lost another tower that's 3 where you have rigged the game

Comments

• Look I appreciate that you had to stiffen the tower in some way otherwise you may as well have scrapped the tower and just handed everyone the rewards for free but what you have done is biased it too much the other way and what is worse you won't discuss people's concerns not just mine but the community as a whole
  • Maybe come up with a team that's put together to beat that floor versus mashing your "best" 4 together and whining when it fails.
  • Ironside wrote: »
    Floor 1 lvl 64 Solaris team of sol Leo bovus and goretusk just took out my best lvl 70 sol grog goretusk koros there is now no point my attempting the tower I'm losing a potential 275 gems plus pwnage points resulting in a loss of extra stamina and this in the middle of guild games means I may let down my guild and it will be your fault I will throw the rest of my hero s at it but it's obvious I have already lost another tower that's 3 where you have rigged the game

I'm starting to get annoyed of the tower as well. I have a very strong roster and last night was the first time in a long time that I was somewhat concerned I wouldn't finish the tower. A 64 team was wiping out my 70 6* highly runed teams. I had to go down to my last few strong heroes which thankfully got me through the last few levels of the tower. I know DB has enabled defending teams to have runes, but they definitely have done something else to weaken the attacking team. Wish they'd just come clean about it.
  • The Tower of Pwnage is broken and needs to be fixed ASAP, simple as that!
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • DerisionDerision Member
    edited January 25
    All beast teams on the tower have taken takes all the joy out of it, and turned it into complete tedium.

whenever i see a solarice + goretusk team on the tower, i look at that floor as my ending point.
    and to make matters worse, there are usually multiple floors with beast teams.

im lucky to get 1 or 2 completions a week now.

It wouldnt be such a big deal if My heros had full energy and health at the beginning of each round, like the tower bots.
    But, by the time im at floor 10 or 11 most of my energy attacks are depleted, Leaving me bare with no energy attacks that would have any meaningful effect on a beast team.
    I've even been wiped as early as floor 3 with this joke system.

to put it in perspective, I could easily beat the same teams in PVP
    Oh the profanity!
  • Harder- yes. Broken- no.

Tower is still a breeze. Zzzz
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    MelofSteel wrote: »
    Harder- yes. Broken- no.

We know it's a breeze for top-tier players. We're talking about making the tower fair for everyone, though. Not saying a level 28 who just unlocked it should be able to plow through it with 4 heroes, but maybe it should at least be manageable? The main thing here is that low-to-medium-level players find the ToP near impossible now, and that's bad for long-term survivability.

My take on it is, if you leveled up enough to unlock something, you should be able to complete it. The ToP should be a reward for players who've gotten to level 28. Not an easy one, but a reward nonetheless. Previously, level 28's could still beat the tower by using a bait-n-switch strategy, throwing in weak heroes to soak up the enemy team's strongest abilities, then send in your good heroes to mop them up. Currently that doesn't work, because even if you do all that, a Solaris could just revive the whole team and you'd have to start all over.
  • Hmm.. i keep reading that the tower is ‘broken’ and needs to be ‘fixed’. “I should beat the game with what i have and how i play”. Its called a challenge.

How about those struggling players open a discussion to seek help on whats working for others, lets discuss on how to combat the current tower hurdle... put away the pitchforks. These multi threads of unsatisfied progress bumps that just wants the game bend to their playabilty isnt the answer.

Just saying “my team of x,x,x,x gets killed by x,x,x,x team - this game sux” doesnt say anything... are you trying to auto run? I was able to.. but now i do have to time and strategize some/most floors. Save up special abilities.. forgetting to deal with a shade or ella first round can wreck any team.

I get that beasts teams are a pain. So lets talk about it.

You want to mitigate damage, you need ferno or goretusk.

You probably want shade.

You want resurrect to protect fallen heroes.. solaris/zomm (i dont know why the zominions carry the dead heroes through, but thats essential and hope it never goes away)

You have to outlast the beast teams... so rune up with defense runes. Take the fallen beasts out with zomm/shade/hopper etc.

Solaris only revives the whole team when YOU kill the rest of the team first (thats a bad strategy).. are are whittling the team down to just sol and gore.. then time it to kill them both or kills sol after shes taken her turn etc.. a beast team isnt going to one shot you.

Being top tiered or max runes doesnt matter, it helps... but that only matters in pvp when youre matching runes. You still need decent runes.. greaters and rare or legendary stars i suppose.

If you dont have enough runes/hero mix... thats a different story. Then you need some time to build up your roster.

Point is.. tower isn’t broken.

Good luck.
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Hmm.. i keep reading that the tower is ‘broken’ and needs to be ‘fixed’. “I should beat the game with what i have and how i play”. Its called a challenge.

How about those struggling players open a discussion to seek help on whats working for others, lets discuss on how to combat the current tower hurdle... put away the pitchforks. These multi threads of unsatisfied progress bumps that just wants the game bend to their playabilty isnt the answer.

Just saying “my team of x,x,x,x gets killed by x,x,x,x team - this game sux” doesnt say anything... are you trying to auto run? I was able to.. but now i do have to time and strategize some/most floors. Save up special abilities.. forgetting to deal with a shade or ella first round can wreck any team.

I get that beasts teams are a pain. So lets talk about it.

You want to mitigate damage, you need ferno or goretusk.

You probably want shade.

You want resurrect to protect fallen heroes.. solaris/zomm (i dont know why the zominions carry the dead heroes through, but thats essential and hope it never goes away)

You have to outlast the beast teams... so rune up with defense runes. Take the fallen beasts out with zomm/shade/hopper etc.

Solaris only revives the whole team when YOU kill the rest of the team first (thats a bad strategy).. are are whittling the team down to just sol and gore.. then time it to kill them both or kills sol after shes taken her turn etc.. a beast team isnt going to one shot you.

Being top tiered or max runes doesnt matter, it helps... but that only matters in pvp when youre matching runes. You still need decent runes.. greaters and rare or legendary stars i suppose.

If you dont have enough runes/hero mix... thats a different story. Then you need some time to build up your roster.

Point is.. tower isn’t broken.

Good luck.

But they have made tons of posts. Some low leveled players were even top players who made new accounts, so it’s not like they’re lacking in strategy.

The problem isn’t ‘my team was wiped out, this game sucks’. It’s, ‘literally any team I bring is wiped out my Solaris and her pals, and that specific aspect sucks’.

I struggle with Sol teams sometimes, and my roster is almost entirely 6* FA Lv70 heroes with Greater-Superior runes. And if I struggle with Sol teams, at the same level as me, with my roster, I can’t imagine how hard that would be for lower levels.

Just because the tower isn’t broken for you doesn’t mean it’s not working.
  • Ironside wrote: »

Why bring a team which can't remove corpses against an opponent that can revive corpses?

My A-team for the tower: Shade, Shadowblade, Dagrund, Zomm

B-Team: Hopper, Grog-Gnog, Solaris, Leonidas

Zomm can eat corpses even if they have a feather, so he can eat Solaris anytime Solaris does a suicide burn.

Sol + Leo is a potentially infinitely reviving combination, so you really have to plan to remove corpses when facing them.
  • danacdanac Member
    Harder- yes. Broken- no.

We know it's a breeze for top-tier players. We're talking about making the tower fair for everyone, though. Not saying a level 28 who just unlocked it should be able to plow through it with 4 heroes, but maybe it should at least be manageable? The main thing here is that low-to-medium-level players find the ToP near impossible now, and that's bad for long-term survivability.

My take on it is, if you leveled up enough to unlock something, you should be able to complete it. The ToP should be a reward for players who've gotten to level 28. Not an easy one, but a reward nonetheless. Previously, level 28's could still beat the tower by using a bait-n-switch strategy, throwing in weak heroes to soak up the enemy team's strongest abilities, then send in your good heroes to mop them up. Currently that doesn't work, because even if you do all that, a Solaris could just revive the whole team and you'd have to start all over.

When I first got to the tower, it took over a month before I could beat it.
    And it took months after that before I could beat it without planning out every floor and writing down who had used what special.
    There were floors with 6* +10 level defenses to my 4* heroes. Plus I only had 48 heroes to make it through.

Then they nerfed the tower, and people all of a sudden expected to be able to autorun the whole thing.

Now people are complaining because they made the tower a bit harder.
    Solaris floors now remind me back then of Indigo Yoko Icebloom Floors.

I get the tower can be hard for some folks, but it was originally designed that way. Y'all are spoiled by the nerf.

• #TheTowerIsNotHard

The tower is easy as long as you actually check the entire tower out before using random heroes and random abilities on any floor.
    I do not have a great account, however, i do put just a bit of planning into it as I feel that an extra 5-7mins are worth the Gems, EVOs and Cups are worth it.

So many strategies have been shared with the tower. I recommend finding a new guild that actually cares enough to help its members. There are many great families of guilds in this game, Just to mention one: VAS. If you would like to browse other guilds then visit The Guild Hall

• Exactly. I never use abilities except top-off heals and when facing a harder team. Save Goretusk's freeze for Ella or Zomm and either of Grog's for Solaris teams. Kill Leos first and leave one of Solaris allies alive to kill together or if she kills herself. Not that hard. Also The tower isn't supposed to be a full run when first unlocked. It took me a while to get past 4 even before the buffed it. I'm glad to not just auto run it now. Also level 16s shouldn't be getting 300 easy gems a day with 2000 pwn points.
  • Depends on your level and strategy. I did an alternating slow/fast level depending on how close I was til the next tier of unlocks (i.e. sprinting from 45 to 50 to open Boss Island and again from 55 to 60 to get max epics, etc.). I was able to get a full set of 5* legendary improved runes for my main group at the time before Level 50 and though I've graduated to almost all Superior/Greater on my top 8-10 heroes or so, those original 20-24 runes make for GREAT tower back-up heroes.

My basic team is SB, MK, Kai and Koros. Of those 4, only Koros is in my main PvP roster (4x Superiors and 1 Greater Destruction, including both Festive runes). My SB is FA and Fully Epic, with a mix of Greater and Improved, so I try to use his regular attack to 1-shot as many normal speed floors as possible. Kai and MK were part of my original PvP squad 8 months ago, so they've got a full set of 5* legendary Improves. They're not overwhelmingly strong, but they can soak damage and deal out enough that I can usually set the battle order in favor of my Koros going before the opponent's normal speed.

Between Koros and my SB going off, I can alternate enough abilities that I can go deep into the tower without touching my real main heroes: GT, Shade, Sol, Leo, Grog, Hopper, (along with SB and Koros).

To me, it's worth the roster power boost to have some extra "decent" heroes for the tower. By the time I run into a tough beast team, I can sacrifice a handful of trash heroes to absorb a few rounds of abilities, then come in with a good Beast Killer squad (Shade, SB, Hopper, Koros). I can run Beast Killer for a few more floors, get their energy back up, then hit another Sol floor.

Hardest time I've had is back to back Beast squads, but in a pinch, my beast squad can usually outlast the opponents.

You need a decent roster to hit the tower now, rather than just 4 great heroes. Try putting some of those lower tier runes on some of your trash heroes and you'd be surprised at being able to clear floors or weaken them significantly. Tsume and Rogar are particularly good if you put a few D runes so they can survive some specials; Rogar is unblockable and Tsume does a ton of damage if he's injured. Throw a couple of midlevel bulkwark and attack runes yuo've got lying around to moderately boost their stats. A few thousand extra damage goes a long ways toward having your main roste rbeing able to then 1-shot those weakened heroes. Pair them with Zen so you're assured of a free attack.

Stonefist + Furnace is another good tank absorb/moderate damage squad.

There are uses for a lot of otherwise "worthless" heroes in the tower. Have Nimerial come in to do a bunch of damage to an enemy Leonidas off the bat. Willow is good to hurt Grog, GT or Igorok. Heck, I use Kreel and ponti vs. a Koros/Viperia/Grog/Igorok to apply backsplash and guarantee that Ponti turns skeleton after the opponent AOE, so that the backsplash its back (I don't like Ponti usually so he's a trash hero for me).

Overall, unless you're going for the 2 tower achievements (win with losing 0 heroes/win with only 1 hero left alive), you are free to utilize every hero on the roster. If you're going to face off against a tough floor, don't come right out with all your best heroes. Throw a few waves of tomato cans at them so you're using your specials vs. their regular attacks. It's amazing what a difference that can make on a really tough floor.
  • Still not sure if the Tower really has a bug or not. As I’ve seen repeatedly and others have noted there are level 64 - 65 and up beast teams with GT that take almost no damage from my 70s that can wipe out multiple higher level teams. It is not a matter af strategy at that point, low damage on attack and high damage on defense is a loosing proposition. The issue is always with a beast team which in my view points to a broader issue with the Solaris/GT meta that has been created, too much power concentrated in a specific team combination. I think Solaris was a bad idea to begin with, the addition of GT, the revamp and the healer nerf don’t help either. I’m looking for a game, something fun with some challenges, DB is looking to make money, I’m generally not seeing much indication in the forums that either of these aspects is currently happening, many unhappy players stating they’ve stopped spending.
  • I appreciate that there is some helpful strategy tips provided by several folks in this thread. Thank you sincerely for that. I hope I can build up my roster to be able to utilize some of the advice given.

I am still firmly in the camp that recent changes have "broken" the tower compared to what it was just before those changes. That's all I can compare it to myself because I didn't play tower much before that point. My point is I was starting to make progress in beating the tower, learning the strategies that worked, mostly through my own trial and error, and I could sometimes get to Level 9 or 10, occasionally, and the possibility was real that "someday soon" I'd be able to beat the whole tower, as a challenge I'd been working on for quite some time. Then it seemed like literally "overnight" the world of "Tower of Pwnage" turned upside down. And the changes made essentially "broke" the Tower overnight, so that's what's so bloody frustrating, folks!

Reading the advice given, I can work on ascending Shade and Shadowblade and level them up and get them excellent runes. But there's no way that's going to happen overnight unless I could afford to spend a couple hundred $$ real money, because they were only 2nd or 3rd tier characters for me up until now.

I agree very much with both RedE2Quit and JackHallow that the combination of changes made recently are incredibly one-sided and so overwhelmingly negative that it appears the DB development team is becoming just a bunch of greedy jerks willing to alienate their players to try and rake in more cash...

The sheer quantity of negative feedback about recent changes (and I agree that Solaris/GT meta, ruining healing throughout the game in general, and making the tower more difficult on a crazy scale) really indicate that the DB team are running the risk of driving large numbers of people away from the game.
    Gandalf would have rocked Dungeon Boss...
    the Balrog would be a fire version of Igorok...
  • DoageDoage Member
    I'm sorry... You faced a beast team with another beast team? No wonder you are struggling with the tower...
  • I have 70 FA Shade and Shadow with decent greater runes, I can go against 64 or 65 beast teams with Solaris and GT hit one of the beasts with 2 specials one from each with little damage to them. Is this all due to runes, GT’s DR or a possible bug? I don’t know, others have indicated the same issue and the Devs are silent. In fact can anyone find any Dev response to the multiple Tower questions since they decided to add runes again? Solaris “fury bug” not really fixed little response to the issue, random defenders returning with full health and power after a couple of rounds out, little response from the Devs. So are there other Tower bugs not being addressed?
  • I always wondered why the tower was not populated with Heroes just one time each. They could put together some good/ decent teams, bbbbut only use each Hero one time. This way no repeat of the GT/ Solaris/ Leo/ Grog teams. Or Shade teams.
  • Well, just for what it's worth, with a little luck and some of the advice here I made it to 11th level of the Tower for the first time. Can't say whether it's repeatable or not, but appreciate the useful advice... still agree that the devs have broken it and need to get off their butts and fix it!
    Gandalf would have rocked Dungeon Boss...
    the Balrog would be a fire version of Igorok...