Tank Buster Rune in Event Shop not as advertised - No compensation?

Was advertised as a power rune with two bonus attack stats (which obviously implies a base attack stat), yet the actual rune was a damage penetration rune which I don't want. Deliberately deceptive by the devs and very expensive item at 4.5k gems yet when contacted no compensation because it was supposedly "credited properly" despite the clearly misleading description. It obviously wasn't "credited properly" considering it was effectively a different item to the one I supposedly bought. Was this just a scam by the devs to separate players from their resources? What gives here?
Tagged:

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey @Dan9000, please PM me with the reference number from your CS ticket, I'll have this looked into.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • DrixkDrixk Member
    edited January 24
    It does seem a bit deceptive. It should have been labeled as a “destruction rune with bonus attack and attack”.
    The original description was a “power rune” which cannot roll damage pen as a base. I count myself lucky that a guild member bought and posted one first so I didn’t waste my gems.
    Asking for a refund seems completely reasonable because it certainly wasn’t “credited properly”.
    GL
  • jason58jason58 Member
    edited January 25
    Me too. I filled out a ticket for incorrect stats as well and it was ignored. A few days later I received an email to rate how satisfied I was with the customer service...that I did not receive. yaj99uhhu0p1.png
    0ok8qv66yv0v.png

Post edited by jason58 on
  • Looks like they meant to say "Destruction" rune.

• ****, now i wish i purchased the rune! free 280 rp
  • Joel wrote: »
    Nevermind, @Dan9000, I don't need the reference number. We've figured out what went wrong and will be sending compensation to all players who purchased the runes, no CS ticket required.

What kind of compensation is being given out? I'm just curious as I didn't buy that rune.
    Nevermind, @Dan9000, I don't need the reference number. We've figured out what went wrong and will be sending compensation to all players who purchased the runes, no CS ticket required.

@Joel, Hold up, why are people getting compensation for buying this rune when a similar thing happened in November with the Season of the Sloth Rune and we were basically told to suck it. Have some consistency please.

Here is the link in case it slipped your mind. http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/comment/209154#Comment_209154

• itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited January 24
    To be fair defense over life as a secondary is generally preferable and is a very minor grievance. This damage penetration as the main stat is a huge grievance, the rune is basically worthless.
  • Seems to me that doing the right thing trumps doing the wrong thing for the sake of consistency.

If we want the devs to be consistent, let's be sure to advocate for proper compensation the next time something like this happens, too.
  • I wasn’t advocating them do anything one way or the other just pick what they want to do. It seems like they change their “policy” at a whim. I’d say the compensation is due to those who got something that was not was offered in both instances. As for the perceived worth of the rune that’s irrelevant. If you make a decision to spend resources on X And get Y, That’s no way to run a business. People make decisions on the information at hand, if that can’t be trusted where do we stand with this company.
  • Wolfreich wrote: »
    I wasn’t advocating them do anything one way or the other just pick what they want to do. It seems like they change their “policy” at a whim. I’d say the compensation is due to those who got something that was not was offered in both instances. As for the perceived worth of the rune that’s irrelevant. If you make a decision to spend resources on X And get Y, That’s no way to run a business. People make decisions on the information at hand, if that can’t be trusted where do we stand with this company.

I don't get why DB doesn't always just give the benefit of the doubt to the players. Doing so develops goodwill between the devs and player base and probably lead to higher revenues.
    edited January 25
    Wolfreich wrote: »
    I wasn’t advocating them do anything one way or the other just pick what they want to do. It seems like they change their “policy” at a whim. I’d say the compensation is due to those who got something that was not was offered in both instances. As for the perceived worth of the rune that’s irrelevant. If you make a decision to spend resources on X And get Y, That’s no way to run a business. People make decisions on the information at hand, if that can’t be trusted where do we stand with this company.

Joel gave a reason though explicitly why that rune wasn't given compensation. Whether you agree with his position or not is one thing, but in this instance you can't really say the situations are the same when they clearly aren't.
  • The reason given for no compensation was to keep it consistent, as opposed to changing the rune. I don’t see how this is different. Please elaborate on how this is different.

Ah cool thanks, good to know :smile:
    edited January 25
    I explained how it was different a few posts up. The disparity in power between what was offered and what was given was nominal in one situation and monumentous in the other.