We're making some changes to our season rewards payouts, starting with today's season. Here's the general breakdown of the changes:
***NOTE: GEMS CANNOT BE STOLEN FROM YOUR CHEST. PLEASE DON'T FREAK OUT ABOUT PEOPLE STEALING YOUR GEMS, IT WON'T HAPPEN***
- Gems payouts have been added.
Anyways, now that I've made that clear...
- Smoothed out the gold payouts, increasing the top and bottom league payouts, while reducing others a bit. The largest amount that any league had its payout reduced was 50,000. On the other hand, we've increased the Legend I payout by 300,000 as a bonus for top players.
- Smoothed out honor payouts, reducing some league payouts and increasing others.
League Up Rewards:
- Gem payouts removed
- Honor payouts reduced
- Gold added
- Token payouts have been smoothed out, increasing some and decreasing others. No payout was increased or decreased by more than three tokens.
- Gems removed
Boss 100 Rewards:
- Gold payouts have been added
- Gems and Medals of Honor reduced
- Tokens removed
This is admittedly a complex change. Some things were increased across the board, others were decreased across the board, some changes vary by league, and some things weren't changed at all. The main goal of these changes is to make daily rewards feel more rewarding, but that meant we had to reduce other payouts, like Honor. The amount of Gems you can get by consistently collecting your daily rewards will meet or exceed the number of gems that you were able to get from league up and end-of-season rewards combined. We think that the sum total of these changes is positive for the players and hope you will think so too.
EDIT: I wrote this up a bit hastily and accidentally said that the gem payouts from daily rewards would always exceed the number you got from league up and end-of-season rewards combined. I made a mistake in my calculations. Some of them stay the same, some go up, but none of them go down.
Additional from @xtmn8r
FYI, there is another change not mentioned here. The new seasons will allow the player to carry over 80% of their trophies (maximum of 32,000) vs the old system of 50% and 20,000.
NOTE: This first season will start 50% lower as the old/current season still reduces it by 50%. So a bit of an extra climb then will normally happen with the new system.