Season Rewards Revamp

Comments

• This change isn't for us, it's for them, clearly. Maybe it was necessary, and urgent as well, as hinted in many comments, for example not too long ago when the tower introduced runes, as an alternative to nerfing the rewards because simply leaving things as they were would have been "unsustainable." There's only so much one who intends on not spending actual money can do with gems if given little by little rather than in a lump sum - except of course, develop patience. Luckily for them I have little when it is tested by the deadline of an event, but I'll try to exercise it from now on! That being said, I do think it would be a shame to lose Dungeon Boss if their financial situation is as rough as such changes might be suggesting...
  • Less gems given away to players = More gems being purchased by players = More $$$ for DB/Aristocrat Technologies :/

Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 70
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We have plans for new end-game content, which @xtmn8r will be discussing at the next guild summit.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • @Joel thank you for the forewarning. I'm sure I have the backing of the rest of the community when I say I hope it is PERPETUAL end-game content and not just a handful more Boss dungeons or intensive event quests.
  • - I think the change to 80% retain is fantastic, at least for me. I may really decide to focus on pvp.

- Too hard to get honor - don't like anything that reduces honor further.

- Kinda guessed something new coming...reent daily boosts and weekly events focusing much more on tokens/evos/mats.
  • WasiWasi Member
    @joel would have been nice to at least have a new rune to accompany these changes... instead of the yellow rune we all have in surplus AND rarely used in PvP. As someone in my guild said, he has so many even Yoko has one.

Especially when gems drop from 600 to 100 for bottom end of Boss 100 I would have thought you guys would want to encourage players to compete?
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • You want people to spend gems and money on pvp? Put out new runes for god sake. And don’t cut boss 100 rewards... real smart move there...
  • This is going to sound overly critical of a change that supposedly will result in more rewards for everyone, but I mean it as an honest question...

Given the apparent minimal development resources available to address the increasingly desperate state of pvp, the ever growing list of bugs that are never even acknowledged nevermind fixed, the anemic pace of PvE content (boss mode has been half done for how long now???), the totally unbalanced hero rosters, and real player concern over long term direction and viability...was a wholesale redo of reward structures really something that required time and attention? Was anyone complaining about the league reward tiers not being “smooth” enough? Shouldn’t this kind of thing be about as far down the list of priorities as it’s possible to be?

This is a reasonable stance, IMO. People in attendance at the next guild summit need to focus home this point: why this instead of fixing Solaris? Don't just drive home "we don't like this change"; focus in on "why isn't [x] getting done?" Still voice the former, but spend your time on the latter.
  • League Up Rewards:
    • Gem payouts removed
    • Honor payouts reduced

End-Of-Season Rewards:
    • Gold added
    • Token payouts have been smoothed out, increasing some and decreasing others. No payout was increased or decreased by more than three tokens.
    • Gems removed

Boss 100 Rewards:
    • Gold payouts have been added
    • Gems and Medals of Honor reduced
    • Tokens removed

This is just like when they 'revamped' guild tournament rewards. And we all remember that **** show.
    'Let's give the people who need the least amount of gold EVEN MORE GOLD!'
    'But how will we balance that, and even then, do they really need it?'
    'Let's just take away the resources they actually need and want!'
    Give me ZommZomm for my JomJom
  • liliphireliliphire Member
    edited February 1
    Or how about fix the targeting. I mean so many things you can do to make a positive change for this game. :(. It’s really disappointing that you have to opportunity to just be honest and say we decreased the payouts and you chose to not.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I miss the old Champion runes... Like the Water and Light ones that gave Attack/Attack/Health, you know. When MK was really good, and when a good loadout was to have MK with Champion runes so that he would get bonus Attack from all 5 of his runes. Or full Attack Kai with 2 Water Champion Runes that boosted his Attack.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • danacdanac Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

***NOTE: GEMS CANNOT BE STOLEN FROM YOUR CHEST. PLEASE DON'T FREAK OUT ABOUT PEOPLE STEALING YOUR GEMS, IT WON'T HAPPEN***
    Anyways, not that I've made that clear...

I think you made it clear. Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • danacdanac Member
    So here's why I'm confused about this changes. The rewards for reaching Legend I have remained basically the same. More gold, less honor. But the rewards for the Boss 100 have been massively reduced without any balance.

They knew i no longer tried to get Boss 100, so what was the point in offering all those gems?

...to be fair, I'm not the only one. Several top tier FB players no longer try for Boss 100, haven't for a while- ace, Kacey, Starskream, for example, all easily among the very best in the game.
    With the combat revamp and the new meta, matches are longer and streaks are harder to come by, making grinding for Boss 100 even longer and harder.
    This will just drive incentive for it down more.

• So here's why I'm confused about this changes. The rewards for reaching Legend I have remained basically the same. More gold, less honor. But the rewards for the Boss 100 have been massively reduced without any balance.

It’s only the same if you pvp they way the devs now force you to and reach legend 1 the first day. For those of us that don’t enjoy pvp ormsuck at it like I do it’s is such a terrible slog to get up there.

Also let’s not forget about our European friends that are asleep and at work during the bulk of the first day so they get a big slap in the face with having no time to do it on day one.

This is just absolute garbage
  • @Joel @xtmn8r if your plan is to make people want to pvp even less than they do post revamp, then huzzah. Mission accomplished. I will pvp less for less rewards. Idle hands...
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited February 1
    You've delayed hero sorting for this shite?

Also, love how you've slashed the number of medals received. Why do we need medals anyway? To craft Tactics and Planning Runes that you so brutally nerfed? Might as well be handing out Resist Shards (because you ARE going to convert those into something usable someday, remember?).
  • Now that I actually understand what the 32K rollover means (I had initially misinterpreted the 32K change from 20K), this is actually kind of huge. Starting next week, instead of having to slog from W1 to L1, can cut out about 37 raids minimum (that's counting as all consecutive Hard wins), which in turn is about 9 gem (420 gems worth) or the two aether refreshes.

At least for that PvP stretch, the change is rather a nice indirect bonus.
  • WasiWasi Member
    32,000. So you can get to legend 1 even quicker to stop PvPing.

I guess it would have been nice to have the new end game content here before nuking Boss 100... the only end game thing to do.

Another real head scratcher this one.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • If these changes came with NEW awesome rare PvP runes everyone would want, that if you miss them once you'll only get a few chances to get them again in the future and are better than every other kind of rune around.
    Then this would be an improvement.
    People who only wants to get to Legend 1 would do it faster and would get same rewards.
    Boss100 would cost more gems but we would be spending gems and time to win some of best runes in the game.

Now there is literally no reason to spend resources and time on PvP.
  • Less gems, more gold (which all top players have in the hundreds of millions). Fantastic.

I am legit on the edge to quit tbh
  • SoletakenSoletaken Member
    edited February 1
    This isn't really surprising. Seems like every single "change" implemented by DB is all about reducing rewards like the reduction of event rewards combined with "inflation" in the event shop or my all time favorite .. the reduction of daily quest rewards from 5 to 3 gems .. I can't believe it bothered someone enough that we were getting 5 gems per quest that they felt the need to reduce this ... This penny pinching and shortsightedness is just another slap in the face .. we've been experiencing a lot of those lately.. Oh ya .. and another "electric skin" rune .. one more slap :)
  • RexobRexob Member
    @JaxBoomstick agreed - Boss 100 got totally sh*t on...which I totally don't understand when some of those players consistently spend $$$.
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • Soletaken wrote: »
    This isn't really surprising. Seems like every single "change" implemented by DB is all about reducing rewards like the reduction of event rewards combined with "inflation" in the event shop or my all time favorite .. the reduction of daily quest rewards from 5 to 3 gems .. I can't believe it bothered someone enough that we were getting 5 gems per quest that they felt the need to reduce this ... This penny pinching and shortsightedness is just another slap in the face .. we've been experiencing a lot of those lately.. Oh ya .. and another "electric skin" rune .. one more slap :)

Yup, people should realize by now that any major change to the game is in fact worse for the player, no matter what kind of fluff Joel, xmt, or any other blue spins it.

Now, to give credit where credit is due, there have been a few great changes that they made (though it definitely is overshadowed by all of the negative changes). They are: 1) 2x game speed, 2) weekly boost schedule (mainly the 3x mats), 3) reduced floors in boss island epic/totem dungeons.

But again, there have been so many more negative things:

#portalgate
    #guildrewardgate
    #GG/GT/BIgate
    #ToPgate
    #Seasonrewardgate

Definitely more but it's too early for me to be thinking too much hah
  • Benoo7Benoo7 Member
    edited February 1
    Every change made to the rewards is a net loss in reward besides gold.. who cares about gold..
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    edited February 2
    <Double post thanks to the spam filter getting a little trigger happy.> :)
    Post edited by ScoutYo on
  • Benoo7 wrote: »
    Every change made to the rewards is a net loss in reward besides gold.. who cares about gold..

They seriously need to let us buy Mats with our gold. The prices can be somewhat high, like 10-25,000 gold for 1 mat.