STOP WITH THIS TEAM

or7w3o6yc2e7.png

Wasting my **** time!! Lvl 64 wiping out every single player!! BS AND FIX IT! How many people have to complain about it before you stop

Comments

• RexobRexob Member
    Probably because there are people who are still consistently beating the tower...that team isn't unbeatable
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • looks like you need to focus damage and pick them off. Maybe try and save hopper or zomm to eat some of them.
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Welcome to the Dungeon Boss Meta Hotline - How May I Assist You Today?
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • So the hardest tower level bested you.. sounds like it's working ?

• Focus on Lily first since her deflect is so powerful and she can't be rezed by Solaris' self-rez. Then either wittle everyone down or kill Solaris to break her self rez stacks and focus the others.
  • I guess I need to throw temper tantrum to get my way. I lost. Make it stop my life is ruined. I lost in dB. Not fair I always win.
  • So is the massive amount of DR on Solaris/ GT teams supposed to be there or is it a bug? My FA, epic, greater runed, 70 team of Shade, Tsume, Hansuke & Zomm was wiped out by a level 61 Solaris, GT, Grog & Julius. My attacks all did little damage it did not seem to matter which attacks I used or who I attacked. I’ve run into this multiple times with Solaris / GT combos, if it is a bug it should be acknowledged and corrected. If this is intended then I think it has created a poorer game dynamic and experience and adjustments should be made.
  • Yes it is intended. All you have to do to counter it is to hit Goretusk to increase his stacks.
  • I hate the f....ing solaris, I kill the whole team like 3 times and that mother.... er still gets up and revives that whole team, hate that dude :D
  • I’ve been trying to figure out the Solaris / GT meta, I’ll try hitting GT harder, thanks. Still not sure that fully explains my 70s being wiped out by 61s have to see what happens next time.
  • Remember, the Tower teams are pulled from actual PvP teams. With the GT LIly Sol meta, you're going to be seeing a lot of it.

I'd recommend Shade, SB, Hopper and Koros. Shade makes everyone dark vulnerable, SB removes feather from anyone you wish, Hopper is there to eat, and Koros strips the feather from everyone and kills everyone except solaris. Once it's just you vs. Sol, you've won.

No team is unbeatable. You just need to plan for it.
  • RedE2Quit wrote: »
    I’ve been trying to figure out the Solaris / GT meta, I’ll try hitting GT harder, thanks. Still not sure that fully explains my 70s being wiped out by 61s have to see what happens next time.

Remember, Tower teams have runes. Level means almost nothing vs. Stars and Rune Power. I was beating level 70s in PvP as a level 64 regularly.
  • I thought the tower is supposed to be fun. In PvP, it is normal that you'll need your A team all the time. So i thought the tower will be a good place to try out new heroes. It is a "safe" place to try out new combo, checkout the unused heroes before spending a fortune upgrading them, and just to have fun..
    Now, the tower is beatable only if you bring your A team.. **sigh**

On the financial side, if the dev is listening :)
    I am a VIP 10, which mean I do donate to the business model. When the tower is "beatable", i always tried out new heroes. The fun and excitement of using different heroes prompted me to spend on runes and upgrades.. With the tower today, I just run through them with my PvP team. Wanna spend gem ? on what ? My PvP team is runed to the max already..
    In short, for me : a beatable tower = more money. An unbeatable tower = NO MONEY.
  • darren wrote: »
    I thought the tower is supposed to be fun. In PvP, it is normal that you'll need your A team all the time. So i thought the tower will be a good place to try out new heroes. It is a "safe" place to try out new combo, checkout the unused heroes before spending a fortune upgrading them, and just to have fun..
    Now, the tower is beatable only if you bring your A team.. **sigh**

On the financial side, if the dev is listening :)
    I am a VIP 10, which mean I do donate to the business model. When the tower is "beatable", i always tried out new heroes. The fun and excitement of using different heroes prompted me to spend on runes and upgrades.. With the tower today, I just run through them with my PvP team. Wanna spend gem ? on what ? My PvP team is runed to the max already..
    In short, for me : a beatable tower = more money. An unbeatable tower = NO MONEY.

But you're saying the tower is beatable. So what's the issue? The devs said they didn't mean for it to be a tomato can for 12 floors for a free gem/pwnage resource. I have no problems with it being more difficult, and I'm a level 68 and VIP 2 player. I only have 8-10 heroes runed up, and that's all you need. The only one I experiment with is my Level 50, Level 1 Epic Zomm, because I hate the undead but wanted to give him a try with some of my trash heroes. Works pretty well.

Honestly, by the time you're at your level (or even mine), all that matters are Superior Runes and the Ultra Superior Runes. You just need gems and mats. I run the tower for the gems and stamina.
  • Hi Xandrew,

This is not a "I cannot win" whining. This is more of a "It'll be more fun if we do this and that" kind of discussion.

You are right that Superior runes are what matters most now. And you're absolutely right that you probably just need a handful of heroes runed up (in your case, you mentioned 8)... That's basically my point : it's not fun anymore if you just go into every PVE. PVP, tower with the same 4 heroes. Why have 60+ heroes if you only need 4 or 5 heroes. It just take the fun out of it.
    I get it that some people are in this game just to win. Nothing else matters to them except WINNING, but I'm in this game for the FUN.

Sidenote : I also just want to let the dev knows that there are likely people like me who will donate money to their biz if we are having fun.
  • Yep it’s a struggle man. It’s pretty rough, I ran into a team of goretusk, Solaris, grog, and.. I can’t remember the last but it was a decent green hero. Ate up 30 of my heroes at least. Of course if I had properly planned, I would’ve saved the correct heroes to beat em. That is unless you run into multiple teams that are Solaris based., then it’s gonna be an uphill battle regardless. I think this type of argument has a lot of ability to be invalid because completing tower isn’t supposed to be a guaranteed type of thing but it’d be nice if you didn’t absolutely have to have something just to stand a chance. Whether it’s particular runes or heroes. I hope they weaken Solaris just a tad to where the repeatable resurrection doesnt have such a dramatic influence on pvp/tower. I don’t pvp at all except for crowns so I don’t get frustrated by these type of teams but I see a lot of complaints about how much one sided it can be thanks to Solaris.

The only solutions I’ve found is the undead team, but it is prone to failure. Any heroes that can remove buffs and have hopper eat em up is a good choice.. works sometimes. But the best results for me have came from the team goretusk, Solaris, Leo, grog. Best of luck all.. may you find less Solaris teams in the tower!
  • danacdanac Member
    darren wrote: »
    I thought the tower is supposed to be fun. . [/b]

And that's where you're wrong.
    It's supposed to be hellish torture.
    That's the tower i grew up with. Losing 30 heroes on one floor? I once lost more than that on floor 11 when there were only 48 heroes total.

Imagine no runes, teams 10 levels and 3 stars higher than you.
    that's right, before the first tower nerf, most of the floors would have teams higher level than you, up to TEN levels higher. All FA, with no meta busting heroes out either. No easy shade teams, not Solaris or Hopper or even Valkin. *therand* was one of the powerhouses.

[even back then, Selwyn was cannon fodder.]

Fun? FUN?
    it was evil and maddening.

...kids today.

• My issue is not if the Tower is easy or can be fully completed each day, it is that I’m not loosing to “the Tower” when I lose it is to a Solaris beast team usually with GT. I think this is the primary frustration for the majority posting. It points to an imbalanced experience due to one OP combination. Solaris teams were more manageable with a Zomm team until the Christmas GT present, GTs DR, with Solaris and with the revamp has just been to me a poor choice on DBs part, adjustments should be made to help restore balance.
  • @Darren - Why not use your "fun" teams and go nuts on the countless campaign dungeons - go Boss mode and test them out there?

The tower has a sizable reward that shouldn't be a cakewalk. It SHOULD require you to pull up your socks, put your best heroes together and challenge the Tower. I'd sooner quit if I could run the whole tower with Selwyn, Treemus, Balog and Sifu.

A challenge IS fun. Finding a mix of heroes to overcome an "OP" team IS fun - for me anyways.

@RedE2Quit - So what is a an acceptable team to lose to?
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • darren wrote: »
    Hi Xandrew,

This is not a "I cannot win" whining. This is more of a "It'll be more fun if we do this and that" kind of discussion.

You are right that Superior runes are what matters most now. And you're absolutely right that you probably just need a handful of heroes runed up (in your case, you mentioned 8)... That's basically my point : it's not fun anymore if you just go into every PVE. PVP, tower with the same 4 heroes. Why have 60+ heroes if you only need 4 or 5 heroes. It just take the fun out of it.
    I get it that some people are in this game just to win. Nothing else matters to them except WINNING, but I'm in this game for the FUN.

Sidenote : I also just want to let the dev knows that there are likely people like me who will donate money to their biz if we are having fun.

Fair points all around; thanks for clarifying.

I'd love to use Goblins and even better, Demons. So much potential there. Only time I do is during those mandatory event dungeons with all demons; some really cool interactions.

Basically they need to release fast heroes for Demons, Goblins and Dwarves. You can't get away with 0 fast heroes in PvP, so you need someone in the family to be fast to make it viable. Also, as far as I know, there are no demon epics.
  • MelofSteel wrote: »
    @Darren - Why not use your "fun" teams and go nuts on the countless campaign dungeons - go Boss mode and test them out there?

The tower has a sizable reward that shouldn't be a cakewalk. It SHOULD require you to pull up your socks, put your best heroes together and challenge the Tower. I'd sooner quit if I could run the whole tower with Selwyn, Treemus, Balog and Sifu.

A challenge IS fun. Finding a mix of heroes to overcome an "OP" team IS fun - for me anyways.

I often throw out full 4 hero teams as bait in the tower, just to see what happens. I beat a Sol/GT team using Zomm the other day (mine is only L50) - that was unexpected and fun.
  • DoageDoage Member
    MelofSteel wrote: »
    @Darren - Why not use your "fun" teams and go nuts on the countless campaign dungeons - go Boss mode and test them out there?

I agree. A challenge is always more fun than just walking through something. That is one of the reasons I like certain dungeons in boss mode. They require you to use certain heroes, your heroes start with burn, shock, etc. It makes the game more enjoyable. Honestly, I wish the tower were a bit more challenging for me. I just walked through the entire tower with my reptiles. It was slightly boring, despite there being five solaris teams, two of which were full 5 or 6 starred.
  • I’ve lost to any number of teams over time, it is not as much an issue of loosing to a team as it is an issue of loosing to the same basic team. I think multiple individuals, including myself, consistently loosing to the same team indicates an imbalance in the power curve of the particular team. In the case of Solaris/GT combos I think the recent combat revamp helped to increase the imbalance. I would anticipate this means either a nerf of some kind or the next new super powered character will be seen at some future date. In any case my overall preference would be a fix for some of the games bugs before the Devs focus on nerfs or new characters.
  • CisgoCisgo Member
    Just rename it 'Tower of Solaris ' and be done with it. Six of the ten floors I faced were Solaris teams , four of which were in a row. Very odd considering all the other heroes the game has to offer. It is beyond stupid at this point due to the imbalance compared to other teams. I guess the devs are waiting til enough money is spent leveling Solaris before the nerf bat swings, aka MK, etc.
  • DoageDoage Member
    Cisgo wrote: »
    Just rename it 'Tower of Solaris ' and be done with it. Six of the ten floors I faced were Solaris teams , four of which were in a row. Very odd considering all the other heroes the game has to offer.

Yes, but you also have to take note that half the heroes in the game are relatively bad compared to other heroes. I would laugh if I saw zurk, Swelyn, Takumi (who I still have yet to face in my entire time playing the game), etc. The tower is meant to be a challenge, which means facing the very best heroes. However, despite this, I believe that facing more than 5 solaris teams is a bit much. It makes the game repetitive, and repetitiveness is boring in the long run (unless you're repetitively making a lot of money, of course).
  • Use Jabber?
    nzvcnw0e2k2o.jpg