Alternate Idea to "Hero Sorting"

Perhaps a much easier techincal implementation that "proper" hero sorting apparently is, allow players to manually downgrade hero levels. Simply letting us pop down all our unused characters to level 69, keeping our main guys at the top of the selection list will go a long way in being able to quickly (e.g. frustration-free) switch PvP team compositions or swap about our primary PvE teams.

Sure, that means we have to then later on level up those heroes if for some reason we want them back at level 70, yet a) that would be the so-called price to be paid and b) I daresay many level 70s are already sitting on a mountain of unused XP potions to begin with.

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Sort heroes by weakening certain ones... Right. Not to mention all the issues with Roster Power and how it affects PvP.

I think just plain hero sorting would cause about a million times less coding and headache than this.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • I don’t need hero sorting, just consistent ordering. Like, I know they can order heroes by Hero Power. Why can’t every hero selection page be ordered by Hero Power? It shouldn’t require a feat of programming to accomplish this.
  • Every possible suggestion to hero sorting has been made and each and every suggestion has been shot down. Change one rune on one hero and your entire hero ordering goes out the window. I try to avoid changing runes any time my hero randomization places frequently used heroes together in my list. "It's a Christmas miracle! Daeris and Brom are on the same row! I'm never changing ANY runes again!"
  • appleapple Member
    Hay bean asking for hear oh sorting by just color for ever. The coding intern is sick has been for the last 27 years
  • GroghillGroghill Member
    edited February 1
    Was just throwing the idea out to see how it floated.

I've been purposely not leveling up "whatever" heroes for ages simply to keep them from cluttering up my top screen on three of my four accounts (the fourth has everyone at 6 stars/lvl 70). And believe me, having purpousely underleveled roter has ZERO affect on PvP selection as I consitently get the big guys on my Hard roster... putting epic levels on Shade, Shadowblade, GrogGnog, and so on, far, far, far outweigh having a bit over half of the roster between 45 -69.

As for coding, the foundation is alreadry there. Challenge dungeons automatically do it, the internal database with stats for each level is already there for the upward progression. Simply stick a button on the hero card and link the action to the database. Compared to trying to insert completely new code and locational positioning... but as said, merely a crossing thought. It's only that fourth account that I cringe and mutter over when I need to swap PvP teams. lol
  • danacdanac Member
    Every possible suggestion to hero sorting has been made and each and every suggestion has been shot down.

Nonsense.
    It's simple, make hero order static. Use the alphabet, for example keep them all locked in alphabetical order.
    Even that fix would by 100 times better than different random sorting across three different choose hero screens.

• oredithoredith Member
    edited February 2
    I don't need sorting as long as it can just be locked in.

it's completely stupid that hero sorting appears differently for dungeons, for tower, for pvp.. and for selecting shared hero.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • Yes, even just stopping the constant shuffling about per game content... and when moving runes about... would be nice. At least I can get used to where a hero is sitting. Of course, perhaps that is the plan. Get us to the point where even the least possible tweak would have us gushing gratification.
  • WasiWasi Member
    I'd even take a FREE hero sorting for 2 hours for 1000 gems...
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Wasi wrote: »
    I'd even take a FREE hero sorting for 2 hours for 1000 gems...

Ssshhh! Don't give them ideas!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.