Evo Decrafting/Transmuting

Now, this may have been brought up before, so if I'm sounding like a broken record, just ignore me, but could there be an option to turn a normal evo into 10 evo larva, a evo monarch into 10 regular evos, and celestial evos into whatever they were originally made of? For me personally, I have had a few times where I have needed a few evos to ascend a hero, but I kept getting evo monarchs when going through the dungeons to get said evo. Having the option to do this could be handy in the right circumstances.

Moving on to the other part of my idea: Evo transmuting or whatever this process can be called. Could there be an option to turn evos from their original element to a different element using crafting materials like fresh earth, pure frost, etc.? It could work with all levels of evos, though it could take more materials to swap an evo monarch to a different element than it would an evo larva. It could even work for celestial evos, however it should be randomized a bit as to not make it too overpowered.

So, what do you think?
Tagged:

Comments

• It sounds like a lot of coding for very little gain. Most end gamers are swimming in evos and would never touch this feature, if implemented.
  • It would be more for everyone else who isn't swimming in evos, which is a lot of players.

Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 70
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • Ask yourself this. If it took 50 hours to implement this change, but those same 50 hours are taken away from time to implement hero sorting, would you want this change? Because that is the reality. BF does not have an unlimited development budget and no ideas to implement. They have too much to do and need to prioritize what needs to get done. This idea is minimally useful to some players, but will be obsolete for every account eventually.

There are dozens of ways to get evos now. It does not need to get easier.
  • The idea would be largely useful to a ton of players, with new players continually coming in -vs- a handful of maxed out players who wouldn't need it.

And yes, I would take this over hero sorting.

• Then we will have to agree to disagree. I would take 10 gems over this feature. Heck, I would take 10 gold.
  • 1 evo monarch for 100 basic ones? Too much... maybe transmuting should only give half....
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited February 7
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    The idea would be largely useful to a ton of players, with new players continually coming in -vs- a handful of maxed out players who wouldn't need it.

And yes, I would take this over hero sorting.

Would this really be useful to a ton of players? I maxed out my ascensions as a free to play account, back before you could easily get evos from honor shop, pwn shop, multiple evo island, event ticket stores, crafting, and weekly evo boosts. And even without all that, I can count on one hand the times I would have used this feature. Sure, not every hero was ascended as soon as I got them, but given that most heroes have absolutely no use in the game, who cares if you keep working on ascensions even as you get into high levels?

Granted, maybe I’m just out of touch with the needs of low level accounts nowadays.
    Post edited by Skip_Holmes on
  • One other point... we're talking about the ability to make common evos from other common evos (not celestials). Still think it's "largely useful to a ton of players"?
  • echonap wrote: »
    One other point... we're talking about the ability to make common evos from other common evos (not celestials). Still think it's "largely useful to a ton of players"?
    Personally I have hundreds of red/blue/yellow evos, but only a scat few of purple/green. If I could transmute some of those I'd have more of my heroes FA right now.

So, yes, still useful! :p

• Speaking as a filthy newbie who only started playing in early January, currently level 50 with around 7 FA heroes - I agree with you, sirolk99, that being able to change evos' colour would be a really useful feature. I always seem to be out of water monarchs, myself.

It would also make it vastly easier to FA everyone you care about. That might not sound like a problem, but consider this: by around level 42 I had a FA Solaris, Jabber and Goretusk. Assuming that evos aren't much use outside ascending and squashing for runes, don't you think the first post's proposals risk making the evo system obsolete far too early into the game?
  • GingeNinja wrote: »
    1 evo monarch for 100 basic ones? Too much... maybe transmuting should only give half....

Well, the transmuting thing would be for changing the element of an evo. The decrafting thing would be the 100 larvas for 1 monarch. With that , i was just going with the in-game cost of evo monarchs.