Lily advice.

I'm a level 51 who's just unlocked Lily, and I'm wondering how to rune her, exactly. I did watch the Zombi youtube, as well as a couple of Darth Craig's, but they were done before the combat revamp, and I don't know how much still applies. Defense is now preferable to the DR stat - right?

1) Should I try and get a balance of attack and defense? The core of my team is Solaris and Goretusk (sorry, I know I'm not winning any points for originality here), so I've got Gore's DR to help Lily out.

2) I have that dark rune that gives +1 energy at the start of a match. However, it's an improved rune, at a time when I'm working towards getting greater runes for everyone. Should I take it from Shade and give it to Lily, or does that +1 energy not make too much difference for her? It seems to me that she relies on getting her abilities up asap, but I'm a clueless noob.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Build her as bulky as possible. Her Sapping Vines do percent health damage, adding attack wouldn't really help much. Her support abilities are where she shines. Keep her alive as long as possible and you'll be rewarded.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited February 11
    Would drop GT. I know he’s popular, but he shouldn’t be.

An energy rune on lily is really nice. If you like her and Solaris, add Ferno and grog in the mix and you’ve got a team.
  • Build her as bulky as possible. Her Sapping Vines do percent health damage, adding attack wouldn't really help much. Her support abilities are where she shines. Keep her alive as long as possible and you'll be rewarded.
    Whoa, I didn't realise they did a percent of damage...! I realise the tooltip for Sapping Vines is already quite long, but that information should really be in there. Okay, cool, now I know.
    Would drop GT. I know he’s popular, but he shouldn’t be.

An energy rune on lily is really nice. If you like her and Solaris, add Ferno and grog in the mix and you’ve got a team.
    At least at my level, there's so much damage going out that I can't imagine running without GT. My FA Grog has 3k defense (admittedly, only 2% DR) and over 7k HP, but he goes down like a pie to a fat kid if GT's not around to help. I'll give it a shot, though. If nothing else, I want to use Ferno.

Cheers for the help, guys!
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited February 11
    Good luck.

Yes, your guys will go down faster without GT. But not as much faster as you would think. Lily’s vines will provide them some healing, Ferno is immune to fire (solaris, Koros). Also, that’s why you have solaris with you. Wait for a couple to die, pop em back up full.

GT does have a place. He is a big help if you are running a shade/daeris team that relies on big early damage with little survivability. But if you are doing an outlast type strategy with lily and Solaris, his momentum is too high up most of the time, and his damage is too low/single target. Just feels like a wasted slot usually.

Only other advice: don’t use zomm and Solaris together. Seems obvious, but you’d be shocked at the number of people who combine them. Their signature abilities cancel each other out. Worthless.
    Post edited by Skip_Holmes on
  • No, no, definitely bring both Solaris and Zomm. I love to see dead Solaris, Grog and GT on the ground and Zomm unable to raise additional Zomminions because their Phoenix Feathers haven’t worn off yet.
  • I combined Zomm and Solaris once without thinking. The second I realized what I'd done I couldn't help but laugh. It was definitely a Homer Simpson moment (Doh!)