Conflicting attack descriptions - physical vs ranged

hudson1520hudson1520 Member
edited February 11 in Bugs & Technical Issues
Many heroes seem to have conflicting ability descriptions that read , “ ranged physical attack” or “physical ranged attack”. Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t these contradictory? I thought an attack could be ranged or physical , not both. If they in fact can be both, maybe you should call them dual attacks or something, to clear confusion. I have attached images of heroes with the contradicatory descriptions.

kesi3w0t4loe.png
2v1fly1hfcc9.png
ber65khb4n9q.png
28eoorsaokcb.png
ozgzzkn0r99r.png
ct3p1ne37u0m.png
jo12o071wobk.png
bsoks6dku15p.png
dofgwh4k5fdh.png
5s3hp9wlz13g.png
j1wn7oordjnn.png
88xw5zx2hill.png
Level - 73
Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
Favorite Hero - Astrid
Tagged:

Comments

• You are mixing up attack type and attack range (Although there is no official name for the latter, I believe).

Attack range: Either ranged or melee, no special types.

Attack type: Physical, spirit, elemental (dark, light, etc.). The notable special one here is Chi which counts as none for the purpose of not being reduced by any skill/passive.

So they are not at all contradictory, you'll notice every attacking skill has both of these in some form.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Yup. Ranged attacks can be Physical, Magic, Spirit, Fire, Water, whatever. So can Melee attacks. But Physical attacks won't cause your hero to suffer from on-hit effects, like if the enemy has Burning Skin. Melee attacks will. Flying enemies resist Melee attacks. Kai is weak to Melee attacks.

Every attack has a range, and a type of damage.
  • Huh didn’t know that @TTS1000 @JackHallow666
    Level - 73
    Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • Yup. Ranged attacks can be Physical, Magic, Spirit, Fire, Water, whatever. .

The worst ranged attack is Oven.
  • danac wrote: »
    Yup. Ranged attacks can be Physical, Magic, Spirit, Fire, Water, whatever. .

The worst ranged attack is Oven.

Just equip Pyrex runes...
  • OP, you're confusing Physical and MELEE (pronounced "May-lay")

Ranged = attacking from a distance
    Melee = attacking up close and personal

Each of the above can be either a physical, magical, spirit, or elemental attack.
  • Yup. Ranged attacks can be Physical, Magic, Spirit, Fire, Water, whatever. So can Melee attacks. But Physical RANGED attacks won't cause your hero to suffer from on-hit effects, like if the enemy has Burning Skin. Melee attacks will. Flying enemies resist Melee attacks. Kai is weak to Melee attacks.

Every attack has a range, and a type of damage.

Fixed this for you.