Tower getting even tougher?

I'm genuinely curious as to how tower teams are selected? I noticed a few weeks back that I'd get the rough Solaris beast/Lily team once or twice in tower. It's been a tough go, but I couldfinish the tower like every other day.

Lately, today in particular, I have 7 Sol/Beast/Lily teams - with floor 11 being lvl 59 with 2 six-stars.. I'm lvl 53 and there is just no possible way that I am going to get past 2 or 3 of these floors let alone a stacked Sol team. It's been getting worse each day it seems.

Anyone notice this, and I'm curious if anyone knows why I'm getting more of these opponents in tower?

Also, I know that Hopper and Zomm are good counters, but do others have suggestions on this team at my level to counter this ridiculous Sol stack? Thanks

Comments

• I'm genuinely curious as to how tower teams are selected? I noticed a few weeks back that I'd get the rough Solaris beast/Lily team once or twice in tower. It's been a tough go, but I couldfinish the tower like every other day.

Lately, today in particular, I have 7 Sol/Beast/Lily teams - with floor 11 being lvl 59 with 2 six-stars.. I'm lvl 53 and there is just no possible way that I am going to get past 2 or 3 of these floors let alone a stacked Sol team. It's been getting worse each day it seems.

Anyone notice this, and I'm curious if anyone knows why I'm getting more of these opponents in tower?

Also, I know that Hopper and Zomm are good counters, but do others have suggestions on this team at my level to counter this ridiculous Sol stack? Thanks

No one knows for sure, but supposedly there is a trick that before opening up your daily tower, run a PvP match against an easy team and your tower will then be populated with easier opponents.
  • The tower is based on PVP defense setups. As time goes on, people copy each other on PVP defenses.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    I'm genuinely curious as to how tower teams are selected? I noticed a few weeks back that I'd get the rough Solaris beast/Lily team once or twice in tower. It's been a tough go, but I couldfinish the tower like every other day.

No one knows for sure, but supposedly there is a trick that before opening up your daily tower, run a PvP match against an easy team and your tower will then be populated with easier opponents.

How does this work if you decide to stack your tower? Like skip today's tower, and then complete 2 towers tomorrow?
  • I'm genuinely curious as to how tower teams are selected? I noticed a few weeks back that I'd get the rough Solaris beast/Lily team once or twice in tower. It's been a tough go, but I couldfinish the tower like every other day.

Without knowing your full roster, I can't give you any specific advice. However, one thing to remember is that Tower teams don't have "Battle Ready"; the auto 40% HP boost that all PvP teams normally get. Even with the Beast HP boosts, those squads have substantially less HP than their counterparts, and I don't recall any Tower Teams having Guardian/Survivor rune auto-buffs on them.

My general philosophy is to maximize hero economy: only use 1 hero at a time for bait, rather than throwing teams of 4 out there (especially if Grog is the first normal speed hero, because his AOE is always brutal and will kill 4 heroes as easily as 1). Once the first hero is out of special attacks, come in with your main squad.

Key for me is to build up a series of high powered, single target special attacks for the GT teams. MK sucks normally, but in the Tower, VP and DM (his 2nd and 3rd abilities) can 1 shot a lot (and my MK just has my leftover 5* legendary improved runes on him from when I used him as a PvPer). Shadowblade is excellent, since his 1st and 3rd abilities are high damage. Shade is always a good one. Koros' 2nd and 3rd abilities are great beast killers; Astrid's 2nd and 3rd abilities work as well.

If you've noticed, most of the guys above are fast. I usually use Shade, SB, Hopper and Koros vs. a Sol/GT/Lily team in the tower. Shade kills GT, SB uses his 1st ability on Sol (removes feather) then hopper eats Sol. Hopper uses her first ability; Koros either uses his first ability or a regular attack to clean up the rest.

It also depends on your rune strength; that matters way more. I find that attack oriented heroes are better in the Tower; the objective is to clear each floor with minimum damage, and DR teams are designed to grind out longer battles. With Healing being nerfed, you're better off using fast, high attack heroes to 1-shot opponents than you are doing anything else.

Shade should be your best friend; because he ignores taunt, he can bypass Julius/Pig if need be, and beacuse he does boosted damage vs. tanks, he's a great GT killer.

• xandrew29 wrote: »

Without knowing your full roster, I can't give you any specific advice. However, one thing to remember is that Tower teams don't have "Battle Ready"; the auto 40% HP boost that all PvP teams normally get.

Thought they got rid of that with combat thing