Patch Notes: February 15th, 2018

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited February 15 in Patch Notes
  • Released Elite Runes! Read all about them here!
  • Released Jabber Clenchjaw's Epic weapon.
  • Made changes to daily quests.
  • Fixed a minor bug with the daily reward button that made it continue to glow even after the daily reward was claimed.
  • Removed single Elixer of Life purchases from the shop.
  • The light Evo Island dungeons now have Mountain environments instead of forests.
  • Updated how rune purchases appear in the shop. We now show much more detail!
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    You should give Julius his Epic next. The Beasts really need more Epics right now.

(Thanks for the patch notes btw really appreciate them)
  • Joel wrote: »
    • The light Evo Island dungeons Mountain environments.

Huh? What about them?
    Sockless wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    • The light Evo Island dungeons Mountain environments.

Huh? What about them?

Just a reminder they exist.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Edited for clarity. :tongue:
  • Some bad timing there on changing the crown system. Mid week. During a brand new event. An event that crosses the weekly crown tourney reset. This really should have waited until Monday Feb. 26.
  • Oh, and mid-day. So it really screwed up folks who had part, but not all, of their crowns collected.
    The quests shouldn't mix. If someone had already logged in today, they should have the same quests they started the day with and will get the new quests tomorrow. If they hadn't logged in yet, they'll get the new quests.
  • You should remove the blue fill for the non-crown quests.
  • This game is begging me to quit it....
    Subtle note about " made changes to daily quests".
    We have a handful of great players in our guild who are slow leveling, because they leveled up where they are now so quickly. So the addition of exp points to guild crowns is painful indeed. Sucks.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    I had all my crown quests done but not turned in. It says guild next to some but there's no crown reward, just for the daily. Where's the rest of my crowns?
    I had all my crown quests done but not turned in. It says guild next to some but there's no crown reward, just for the daily. Where's the rest of my crowns?

Did you join a new guild today? If not, please send me a screenshot of your quest log. I'll have it looked into.
    edited February 15
    Still in the same guild. I turned in the daily already. It was the only one that rewarded crowns. Also, one quest rewards honor?
    30prc8ek3dwz.png
    tb6rcq084eb6.png
    I noticed some changes to the quests themselves, too.

Rune Salvager now just requires you to salvage one rune, instead of... 5 I think it was?

As stated on another post, the 'Complete 10 Challenge Mode dungeons' has been bumped up to 20 dungeons, BUT quick-loots now also count.

Plus a few more that I probably missed.
    @Evil_Spirits, I'm having this looked into. So the other quest didn't give you 35 crowns?
  • As stated on another post, the 'Complete 10 Challenge Mode dungeons' has been bumped up to 20 dungeons, BUT quick-loots now also count.
    It was not 10 ... it was 3. Massive huge super distance between 3 and 20.

GalakSS
    GalakSS wrote: »
    As stated on another post, the 'Complete 10 Challenge Mode dungeons' has been bumped up to 20 dungeons, BUT quick-loots now also count.
    It was not 10 ... it was 3. Massive huge super distance between 3 and 20.

Oh. Really? Yikes.
    I honestly don't know lol it said 10 crowns but it looks like I have them all. Maybe just a mid day bug? I'll see what happens tomorrow.
  • @Joel ... is this really the new rule for getting crowns each day. All 10 .. one of them requiring 100 stamina instead of the old requiring 15? If not ... I can keep many members of my game from leaving DB for good ... if not ... I hope someone had a real good reason for this hammerblow.
    GalakSS
  • Joel wrote: »
    The quests shouldn't mix. If someone had already logged in today, they should have the same quests they started the day with and will get the new quests tomorrow. If they hadn't logged in yet, they'll get the new quests.

Nope I had my quests done but not turned in and suddenly my PvP quest isn't done and all the quests changed.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
  • @Joel Thank you for the mountain change for light evos! There are very few mountain dungeons in PvE, and they're usually in the later stages of the campaign. This allows lower players to handle those types of quests. That's a nice change.
  • Wait... There's just 10 daily quests? We have to do ALL of them? Including the 20 Challenge Mode runs?

Welp, I'm on board the negative feedback train now.

@JackHallow666 ... NOW you are getting the issue. ;-)
    (seriously several of my best players in my guild who do not bank stamina have already told me they are done with DB with a lot more words in the communication.)
    GalakSS
    Aaauuggh. Why. It's forcing us to spend 100 stam a day, and potentially up to 20 keys.
  • GalakSS wrote: »
    Wait... There's just 10 daily quests? We have to do ALL of them? Including the 20 Challenge Mode runs?

Welp, I'm on board the negative feedback train now.

@JackHallow666 ... NOW you are getting the issue. ;-)
    (seriously several of my best players in my guild who do not bank stamina have already told me they are done with DB with a lot more words in the communication.)

I don't agree with this change either. It crazy. So lets see, I have to spend a total of 50 stamina running evo island and spend 20 stamina running gold island (I only do the last gold island dungeon each day). That right off the bat is 70 stamina gone. Now I have to spend 100 stamina that I didn't previously have to spend? Who thought this was a good idea? 170 stamina out the window before lunch... Awesome
  • The old system (ie yesterday) ... if you ran into an issue you could earn 30 crowns in under 2 minutes. We timed it. My guild had a detailed instruction guide for all guild members so they could understand that even in a hell of a day ... under 2 minutes ... they would have 30 crowns and could hit 210 for the week. Now ... nope that is not true. Having a hell of day ... no crowns for you as you need to do all 10 quests ... none are optional. Oh and you don't stockpile stamina???? Well then impossible for you to do all the quests in one sitting.

I didn't mind Portal Gate (thought it was a non-event) ... but this .. this ... this is someone who is trying to kill off most of the guilds from being able to get high rewards. If that was the goal ... okay ... no worries ... I'll happily tell my guild we are done trying to excel at this game and go back to being a guild that does not care.

The changes to the crown system championed by Eej made my guild decided to go for the gold ring and get better to be top 50 all the time and hit 1st place crown rewards each week. I spent a lot of time and money helping my guild reach that top 50 status. But now ... nope ... I'm not going to kick members who do this game for fun due to an all or nothing crown system.

I know some of the top 10 guild will say ... "great change!!! Now we can be #1 without everyone else being it too" ... but keep in mind that that change comes with a lot of people going from trying to not caring ... usually not a good thing for game. So enjoy being #1 without everyone else for weekly crowns while the game slides in further with the members of other guild not even feeling its worth it to try and daily play. (I'm not overstating here in case someone thinks I'm being overdramatic ... I'm actually quoting 3 over one year guild members talking on our forum from 10 minutes ago).
    GalakSS
  • heelerheeler Member
    edited February 15
    Joel wrote: »

That isn't what some are reporting. They had done some of their crowns, but not all, and they were unable to get the full 35 crowns. They had, for example, one crown quest left that was formerly worth ten crowns, but it suddenly offered them no crowns at all.

(edited for clarity)
  • Also: 20 dungeons? Why? Make dungeons worth running and people will run them (e.g., lower levels who need tokens). Otherwise, this is just a stamina drain. It feels more like a stick than a carrot.

I miss eej and his understanding of the punitive nature of crown quests. This just makes it more punitive.

And starting this concurrent with a new event and new epic? C'mon.