Patch Notes: February 15th, 2018

Comments

• Yep, I unfortunately agree with everyone in this thread. My account is at 601 days right now and after Sunday I'm leaving as well. These changes along with another 10 levels and the worst meta possible mean I'm just not having fun anymore. Time to walk away.

Mav
  • Last April there was an update that broke me from playing on my Chromebook. I was willing to accept that, in hopes it would be fixed in a timely manner. It's still not fixed after 10 months.

Now we get this garbage update to crowns. Worst update ever! As a guild that has been struggling to get #1 rewards all I can say is that this is the worst thing ever. I have several members that slow-level. They were my best players in terms of crowns, and now are going guildless at reset. Great way to ruin guilds!

I'm at the point that I want to quit playing along with so many others. What the heck are you guys thinking!?

• I don't have the words... just what people have said above.

--- I'll try to be positive.. at least let all dungeon runs count.. not just challenge mode.

• Make sure to tag all the devs in your posts about the crowns!
    @Joel @Eej @xtmn8r @Victoria @Greg @Joveth @AshleyD
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • GalakSSGalakSS Member
    edited February 16
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    Make sure to tag all the devs in your posts about the crowns!
    Pretty sure Eej and Joveth are no longer with the company ... which I 100% believe is why this change could have happened.

GalakSS
  • I know, was just grabbing any blue account I could find ;)
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    Make sure to tag all the devs in your posts about the crowns!
    there really is no reason to quote them. They know exactly what they did, they just don't understand the fall out. They want to reduce overhead and get rid of long time players that don't pay. It will work and there will be a tiny (for a mobile game) player base left. Then new players join and they don't know better. Well, enjoy they game.
    litespeed
  • Some suggestions from our guild family worth considering:

Ten regular runs or 20 quick loots, our choice.

Count: Boss level, all Island, tower floors. Not just challenge level.

Better yet: Get rid of crowns altogether and give us mini guild games instead. Less grind/chores, more fun. This was Eej’s idea.
  • there really is no reason to quote them. They know exactly what they did, they just don't understand the fall out. They want to reduce overhead and get rid of long time players that don't pay. It will work and there will be a tiny (for a mobile game) player base left. Then new players join and they don't know better. Well, enjoy they game.

Yes there is, it's call flood them with notifications about our feelings on this [email protected]!!!
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    I think the next patch should include a little option to turn off xp gain. Can't be too unfair because you can still pay to beat those slow levelers. Rushing to 70 isn't much fun and having us do every single quest for guilds sucks honestly. So I'm guildless once the week ends because I plan on leveling as slow as possible doing tower and an island daily like it used to be.
  • Best change ever. Why is everyone complaining about running dungeons? Isn't that the point of the game? Don't people need resources. I'm really confused
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Drocas wrote: »
    Best change ever. Why is everyone complaining about running dungeons? Isn't that the point of the game? Don't people need resources. I'm really confused

I don't need resources everyday. Nor do I want to spend more time spamming QL or running that many dungeons each day.
  • Drocas wrote: »
    Best change ever. Why is everyone complaining about running dungeons? Isn't that the point of the game? Don't people need resources. I'm really confused

Please elaborate... What makes this the "Best change ever." ? , at least in your opinion ....
  • I think the next patch should include a little option to turn off xp gain. Can't be too unfair because you can still pay to beat those slow levelers. Rushing to 70 isn't much fun and having us do every single quest for guilds sucks honestly. So I'm guildless once the week ends because I plan on leveling as slow as possible doing tower and an island daily like it used to be.
    Either a button to turn off XP, or an "accept" button that appears on top of the XP bar in the profile. It wouldn't be out of line with other aspects of the game; if I get enough tokens to unlock a character, they don't automatically appear in the hero roster.
    Drocas wrote: »
    There'd probably be less annoyance if it wasn't specifically challenge mode dungeons. I stopped running those when I hit 50, so I imagine it's grating for other people who have hit max level.
  • As a long time player, this change to daily quests is awful. It is hurting long time players who are max level by draining the resources we’ve been saving to participate in events for our guild, and for lower levels because it expends all their resources as well and forces them to level up when they aren’t ready and so they’ll never be able to catch up. Devs really need to listen to your players and fix this garbage with 20 challenge dungeons a day.

I suggest instead if you’re going to force us to grind, let us grind or QL 10 dungeons a day of our choice and make loot keys and stamina more available (like let us purchase them for coins and not just for hard earned tower and honor currency). And turning off XP is an excellent idea as well! But I’d just be happy if you lowered the Dungeon rate and made stuff more accessible. Stop trying to make this game a cash grab. We once earned bonuses with the way quests were before now we’re losing resources. You’re zapping the fun out of being in a guild
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    It's that it's pushing people to use more resources and level faster, which people don't want. it looks like we'll be given 20 keys a day to at least do that quest but still, the way they have crowns setup kind of defeats the purpose. Why bother with 20 runs at all and make it a struggle especially if you're going to give us the keys? Just another pointless task. My main thing other than lvling faster is that it makes guilds pointless. How can guilds compete now if you either get all crowns or none? Most guilds will have all crowns no or none at all with everyone quitting now, and an occasional one person missing a day or whatever. The guild events and crown quests should just be for guild games only. Might get rid of daily quests but life itself is a daily quest xD
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Drocas wrote: »

I don't need resources everyday. Nor do I want to spend more time spamming QL or running that many dungeons each day.

I only want to farm resources on the 3x material days. Otherwise I'm using 3x the stamina for the same result. Other days I want to preserve my quick loot keys and stamina as much as possible ready for the 3x days. I DO need to farm resources that I can't get from Challenge dungeons.

My take on this is that they want to drain our stamina resources as much as possible, so we don 't have as much left for the 3x materials days. They feel they were too generous with that, so they're now trying to pull it back a bit because cancelling 3x days a couple of weeks after introducing it would be too obvious. By making only Challenge dungeons count they know we can't farm crystals or totems, or many of the other materials which are required for epics.

On a regular day with no events on we can get 170 stamina from the tower & tower shop. Grab back 100 of that and we're left with just 70 more stamina than we started the day. If we have to run anything else for an event, and recent events have been requiring 20 or 30 runs for some quests, then our stamina reserve drops even further unless we buy more with gems or honor, both of which are very precious resources (to me).

They really should include the Boss dungeons, and really all dungeons except the tower (which doesn't require stamina), and reduce from 20 to 10, or back to 3 like it was before. Other than the islands the Boss dungeons are still almost completely useless, and this makes them more so. I did run one a few times in a recent event to get light runes while also running crypt dungeons, but apart from that I last ran one when they last opened one, and it once and done.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    sirtainly wrote: »
    Complete/quick look 20 CHALLENGE dungeons to earn the 35 daily crowms, all or nothing? At first glance, this appears to be:

jcpcr3mv67zz.png

Now if you wanna change it to VIP points, we'll talk.

That reminds me of the time they gave people 600 Solaris tokens for going from VIP 9 to VIP 10, while not giving people who were already VIP 10 anything.
  • As many people have noted, my guildmates are VERY unhappy with the current changes. One of which requires “purchasing” from the shop. As a player who cannot afford spending RL money on a daily basis, this means i am not going to be purchasing stuff from the shop. I don’t always have tokens to spend, and since there ate only ten quests in the daily list, then, no guild crowns for that day.
  • sirolk99 wrote: »

#%$%&&*%^#$%^$&^%&*%^$%^#$%^&%#$%#%#$%^^%&*%^(&*&*$*%(&*^*^*%(%&^%^&%&*$%^

!
  • WasiWasi Member
    Many moons ago, the daily quests were also 20 dungeons (or 20 sparklies) so I guess it's a bit of back to the future.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • Wasi wrote: »
    Many moons ago, the daily quests were also 20 dungeons (or 20 sparklies) so I guess it's a bit of back to the future.
    That was never a requirement to get your guild crowns though

GalakSS
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited February 17
    That reminds me of the time they gave people 600 Solaris tokens for going from VIP 9 to VIP 10, while not giving people who were already VIP 10 anything.

NEO: Whoa.
    As many people have noted, my guildmates are VERY unhappy with the current changes. One of which requires “purchasing” from the shop. As a player who cannot afford spending RL money on a daily basis, this means i am not going to be purchasing stuff from the shop. I don’t always have tokens to spend, and since there ate only ten quests in the daily list, then, no guild crowns for that day.

That quest doesn't require you to spend money. Buying something with honor, tokens etc. counts. Buy a health potion or something with gold if you want.
  • awful changes,a lot of unnecessary stam wasting just so people buy stam pack money hungry devs!!!!!!!!!
  • TjMaximumTjMaximum Member
    edited February 18
    I’m going to quit like lots of other people. I really enjoy the game and being a part of a guild, but I just don’t have the time to do 10 daily quests to earn crowns for my guild. It’s just not fun when it becomes a daily chore instead of something fun to do. I used to be able to do everything in 1 sitting, but with needing to complete or quick loot 20 dungeons I don’t have enough stamina to do that in 1 sitting. I have a life and can’t log in to the game multiple times a day just because I’m waiting for my stamina to refill.
  • These crown changes are horrible. What a great way to make dailies feel like work and burn through all available stamina. Have any devs responded to these complaints?
  • I believe either @xtmn8r or @DB_Dillon said it would be further discussed either today or tomorrow...
  • I am really not fond of the recent changes to the crown quests. Responding to them a bit delayed as it took a few days to get my thoughts together on this.

Let me start by saying I have been a devoted Dungeon Boss player for years (my rewards today were for day 915) and have seen many changes, some of them good, and some less so. I am not and have never been a slow leveller, and have been at level 70 for quite some time.

When I originally heard that changes were coming for the crown quests I looked forward to it. The last set of changes were positive, in that they eliminated the nearly impossible PvP quests (win PvP with an all yellow team, for example), and provided extra crowns to allow players to obtain and maintain a buffer, in the event of phone issues, illness, etc. This was excellent!

The recent changes, however, have taken any fun in the crown quests away converting them wholesale into a chore. I enjoyed the interplay between the variable crown quests and the current events - i.e. you have an event quest to run mountain dungeons, and you also have a daily quest to kill assassins - which dungeon/dungeons is/are best. PvP with two yellow heros - now that's a challenge with the current meta! And I'm not saying I enjoyed that one either ;-)

And then there's the resource drain. Used to be you could complete your crown quests using perhaps 20-25 stamina, leaving the rest to either be used for specific tasks (i.e. running gold island, evo island) or you could take a break and let it accumulate. Now 100 of your 240 free stamina per day is devoted to a daily quest. Sure you can use the 20 forced runs for the things you want, but what about folks who mostly do their daily quests in one shot at one time of the day? 89 is the max, and restricting to 5 stamina dungeons only (no good tokens, no higher stamina gold island), and running the 2-3 free dungeons allow you to complete that quest in one shot on weekdays only (no evo island on weekends).

I'm a bit obsessive, in that I don't like to quickloot, and always consider it to be a last resort, but this change suggests (to put it into the words of a guildmate) that we should rename the game to Tap Boss. Since the change, I'm not running dungeons anymore (other than the event ones). I don't currently expect to quit the game, but will certainly be playing less. Others in my guild family are not so accepting, so they will be parting company with the guild and the game.

I urge the developers to change the quests back to the ones before until such time as a daily quest set can be devised that is not simply a chore. Something that highlights features of the game, maybe even with new content.