Patch Notes: February 15th, 2018

124»

Comments

• At least most guilds seem to understand the issue. I've seen several that have already eliminated the crown requirements until the issue's resolved to their satisfaction. The game may be less than we would like it to be, but the community is first class!
  • AllanW wrote: »
    The recent changes, however, have taken any fun in the crown quests away converting them wholesale into a chore. I enjoyed the interplay between the variable crown quests and the current events - i.e. you have an event quest to run mountain dungeons, and you also have a daily quest to kill assassins - which dungeon/dungeons is/are best. PvP with two yellow heros - now that's a challenge with the current meta! And I'm not saying I enjoyed that one either ;-)

I'm glad they got rid of the "Win PvP with two XYZ heroes" and also the "Craft an ABC Rune" quests. These ones I almost always missed because the rewards did not match the effort and/or materials required.

I'm sorry they got rid of the "Kills 10 Dwarfs/Assassins/Beasts/Undead/Healers" etc. quests as they provided some variety, although I almost always got the same ones. I'd like to see these restored, with more variety (kill 10 monsters/casters/tanks etc.)

At present everyone gets the same quests, no variety, no need to even look at the quests. It's 35 crowns or nothing every day, how does that make the game better or more fun for anybody?
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited February 20
    I didn't mind the craft a rune quests. I was slowly completing the craft a million lesser runes achievement, earning five gems and using up a ton of useless materials in the process.

I agree re the kill 10 of XYZ quests. Those were the only thing that forced me to wander around the campaign a bit. The quickloot 20 dungeons is a crappy alternative as it just translates to press the quickloot button 20 times which is fun for absolutely no one. Bring back the kill 10 of whatever with more varieties. Also, let us use Boss Mode in addition to Challenge mode.

And Ditch the 20 quickloots (or make it 10, or make the tower floors count).
  • Make the 20 complete dungeons any combination of the tower, PVP, and campaign or reduce it to 5 complete/ql campaign dungeons, even 10 seems like bit of a chore.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    My question is, did anyone actually ask for any of this? It seems they change just about everything we don’t want them to. Maybe someone said, ‘Change the daily crown quests!’ without specifying that they meant ‘for the better’, and DB saw their chance...
  • My question is, did anyone actually ask for any of this? It seems they change just about everything we don’t want them to. Maybe someone said, ‘Change the daily crown quests!’ without specifying that they meant ‘for the better’, and DB saw their chance...

They only make changes when they feel they need to make more money. At least 99% of their changes are so they can make more money. If it so happens it's good for the players, then lucky us.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    They only make changes when they feel they need to make more money. At least 99% of their changes are so they can make more money. If it so happens it's good for the players, then lucky us.
    And that's the problem with the game's direction, ever since EEJ disappeared. The devs have not been willing or able to demonstrate any reasonable value to players, in order to justify all of these negative changes.

Packages in shops now generally cost more and give less. PvP rewards have been gutted. The tower is now impossible for many (and more annoying for the rest of us). The crown changes take an already uncreative daily grind and make it even more of a chore, not to mention the catastrophic effects on mid- and lower-tier guilds. Bugs are rampant, events are more pay-to-win than ever ... and then there's all the nickel-and-dime stuff like reducing gem payouts (twice) for daily quests, increasing stamina refresh costs, eliminating free rune unequips, etc.

And when a bug causes a substantial loss to players, the devs seem far more concerned about how compensation affects them than how the bug affected us, erring on the side of short changing the players most affected, rather than seeing the less-affected players get a little extra compensation.

Instead of creating new and exciting reasons to get us to spend, the focus has been almost entirely on reducing the value of things we're already accustomed to, so we have to pay more for the same old.

The devs aren't giving us good reasons to accept all the ways they're taking value away. They aren't adding any significant value anywhere. Sure, there have been a few positive changes, too, but they don't come remotely close to balancing out the negative.

Basically, the devs need to remember the *give* part of give-and-take if they want to stop bleeding players.
  • Well. I have played this game for over 2 years. I am considering deleting it now finally. No, im going to. There are other games I can support in the short term

The truth is that your game is not fun anymore. And im not running 20 dungeons nor quicklooting 20 dungeons. Really. No more fun. No pve. Boring same-ol-same-ol PVP. And a tower that never changes. Ita just not fun for lvl70 toons.

Its sad. Although im only vip 7 it feels like the powers that be broke this game. But that I can live with. No comments from the devs or curators are unacceptable. PR101. Talk to your customers.

And you boss fight or big fish really suck at this.

Im done. Hope you loose many more dedicated players because of your incoherent communication strategy. I hope you do. So some of your devs, the dedicated few can break away and build their own game. Taking the best of this and creating a new one.

To those devs who read the forums. Are you proud of your your work when the community slates your hard work. It cannot be cool. You guys must have some pride in your work. I caanot imagine you are saying 'so what'

Bet you dont sit there and all eat popcorn giggling like children at your users who loves your game. Just quit. Go start your own new game.

• valdahsor wrote: »
    Well. I have played this game for over 2 years. I am considering deleting it now finally. No, im going to. There are other games I can support in the short term

The truth is that your game is not fun anymore. And im not running 20 dungeons nor quicklooting 20 dungeons. Really. No more fun. No pve. Boring same-ol-same-ol PVP. And a tower that never changes. Ita just not fun for lvl70 toons.

Its sad. Although im only vip 7 it feels like the powers that be broke this game. But that I can live with. No comments from the devs or curators are unacceptable. PR101. Talk to your customers.

Im done. Hope you loose many more dedicated players because of your incoherent communication strategy. I hope you do. So some of your devs, the dedicated few can break away and build their own game. Taking the best of this and creating a new one.

To those devs who read the forums. Are you proud of your your work when the community slates your hard work. It cannot be cool. You guys must have some pride in your work. I caanot imagine you are saying 'so what'

Bet you dont sit there and all eat popcorn giggling like children at your users who loves your game. Just quit. Go start your own new game.

Not sure if this will change your thoughts, but check out the update summit log. Changing quest to 10 (still too many IMO), and some other stuff coming (heroes, reworks, etc).
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    valdahsor wrote: »
    Well. I have played this game for over 2 years. I am considering deleting it now finally. No, im going to. There are other games I can support in the short term

Not sure if this will change your thoughts, but check out the update summit log. Changing quest to 10 (still too many IMO), and some other stuff coming (heroes, reworks, etc).

Yeah...the people there asked for 10....I wonder why they didn't ask for 5?

Basic rule of negotiating...you don't go in and start at your ending position.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    The quickloot 20 dungeons is a crappy alternative as it just translates to press the quickloot button 20 times which is fun for absolutely no one.

No one? Sounds like farfella's kinda thing.
    My question is, did anyone actually ask for any of this? .

bvs.
  • Per pcg0d in the "New Question & Answer Process Replaces Weekly DB Guild Summits" thread:
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/56931/new-question-answer-process-replaces-weekly-db-guild-summits

Summit Log 20 Feb 2018:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vWrVnetBQdvei99NmkBOf0ky3iYIa-CSVkuCCdvbb-0/edit?usp=sharing

Tower quest: changing to ATTEMPT a floor, not WIN a floor.

Daily Dungeon quest: Down to 10

Crown Tourney System: Plans to modify it to work better. Add new tier for 1st place. Allow players to contribute up to 245 crowns. Allow players to join the guild mid week to contribute. Don't remove crowns when someone leaves. The top reward will be no more than 11,500 crowns. While if all 50 got the max 245 would be 12,250. That would leave wiggle room of 750. No carryover crowns.

iPhoneX screen issue: Client after the one in testing now.

Healing update: Almost ready.

New Hero: Agnon - Dark Construct Warrior - We will be using a system very similar to the Winterfest system. 14 day event where players can get tokens for the hero each day. Players have 3 options each day Bronze, Silver, Gold. At end of the event, players can choose all the doors again. Chossing all Gold doors wil guarantee 6* Agnon and lots of other loot too. Starts Thursday. There will be a threshold guild event similar to the wreath event. Get guild points/event tickets in vrious areas of the game to accumulate points...

Next Hero: GREEN

Ferno MArrow & Solaris will be making their way into the game soon. We have a meeting about this later this week to finalzie exactly where they will show up as well as sign offf on the long term roadmap for every hero's progression into the game

Monday, March 5th @ 1pm CDT: elite runes, client update

Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • The Crown quest to quickloot 20 dungeons will be updated to only require 10 dungeons. This change would have gone in effect today, but the dev who updates quests is currently out sick. When he returns there will be an event where you'll be able to complete a series of 10-quickloot missions to make up for the days you missed.
    </Sarcasm OFF>
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »

Oh, you better believe your loyal DB players on these forums have tons of patience.
124»