Crown changes

Comments

• danac wrote: »
    hudson1520 wrote: »
    @iphonesheep hopefully this mindless bickering attracts Joel

Just some advice. If somebody disagrees with you on the internet, they aren't out to get you , don't take it so personal love.

NOW you tell me!

d'oh!

Also make sure to never start a civil war by simply disagreeing !
  • I too will be leaving my guild if this continue as I wouldn't be able to get crowns. And more than likely quit DB completely.
  • IF I agree to disagree will that start two wars?
  • Same here. Vip level 10, will not be purchasing any more. Last few months DB devs have implemented terrible, garbage ideas. It is time to clean house. (Giving away legends over holidays, destroying healing, crown change) crown change is too much, me and my top ranked guild and the others in the family won't be getting crowns any longer until this is fixed. Put it back the way it was, or we may all quit. Fix it, fix it now.
  • DwightFry wrote: »
    IF I agree to disagree will that start two wars?

Yes, with a side order of mindless bickering
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    edited February 17
    Back to the original discussion, rather than whom is more dedicated... I’m happy to see a change, but the current changes are not ideal.

The lack of flexibility is not a bonus.

Lack of diversity is also not a bonus. Having some quests that were different daily gave at least a little variety and gave me a reason to look at my quest list.

100 Stam is doable for free. You can run the tower or if you don’t quick loot and collect shineys, or just play two separate times each day. However, it still is a LOT to ask, and subsequently destroys the ability to run 20 stam special dungeons when they are available. This quest among all should be adjusted or replaced. Note: at present it just says dungeons, not “challenge” dungeons. Epic runs, and even gold islands count toward the total.

Not sure how I feel about adding an additional dungeon battle. At least it comes with some extra honor points.

• Dedicated slow leveler, never posted before.
    Some of the recent changes have not been good, but the 20 dungeons a day is a step to far. I will quit my top 50 guild as I will not jump for the devs new game ruining requirement of 20 dungeons and quite possibly the game.

It is supposed to be a game and fun, not a grind for all or nothing crowns. People want to play for fun, if it isn’t fun why play?
  • Are slow levellers really more dedicated than people who don't play with that limitation?

How do you know if someone is a slow leveler?

Don't worry, they'll tell you. Over and over.
  • New crowning making game play less fun. Inflexibility of quests. More strain on time and resources. So far holding out for the sake of my guild, but may have to quit if my crowning commitment is compromised.
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »
    Are slow levellers really more dedicated than people who don't play with that limitation?

Kinda like crossfit
  • I’m a really slow leveler been at 70 forever
  • I can’t wait until the level cap gets raised, so I can slow level from 70 to 80.
  • I am surprised there are not more comments on the crown changes. They are really poorly thought through and impactful to guilds.

There has also been almost zero response from devs on this topic. It’s disappointing.
  • There's been multiple threads made about this change, trust me, people are talking about it.
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • @TheCrystalDragon i agree with everything you said - there is supposed to be a guild summit on tuesday and the gm of VIP heroes, Beckon said he would make sure to bring up the crown changes, as I'm sure all the other top gms will do. Just hold out for another week, the devs must change this or theyve gone mad.
    Level - 73
    Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • hudson1520 wrote: »
    @TheCrystalDragon i agree with everything you said - there is supposed to be a guild summit on tuesday and the gm of VIP heroes, Beckon said he would make sure to bring up the crown changes, as I'm sure all the other top gms will do. Just hold out for another week, the devs must change this or theyve gone mad.

We are all used to the "hurry up and wait" approach. So I don't expect anything to be different this time around. I'm still waiting for the changes on Shade, Koros, and MK. Okay one out three ain't bad... (Okay it is bad...)

I demand to be acknowledged!!!
  • How many players have a second account as I did this morning? I had a more than respectable team(also a VIP 5, main account a VIP 6) that I just don't have the time to QL 40 dungeons for combined accounts. This has gone beyond ridiculous.
  • One thing to consider about the stamina burn. My mom, a terrible DB player is level 70 and can't beat the tower. She represents a large portion of DB players imo. She was forced to throw *gulp* 38 heroes at the first floor which happened to be a beast team and she doesn't understand how to beat them well even with my guidance.

Point being, not everyone has the tower for +270 stamina a day.
  • Kegman913 wrote: »
    One thing to consider about the stamina burn. My mom, a terrible DB player is level 70 and can't beat the tower. She represents a large portion of DB players imo. She was forced to throw *gulp* 38 heroes at the first floor which happened to be a beast team and she doesn't understand how to beat them well even with my guidance.

If a large portion of players are like her, this game is doooomed...
  • I totally love this game, and I do happily $$$SPEND ACTUAL MONEY$$$ on it from time to time to support it, and I LOVE the folx in my Guild, but these changes to the unifying and fun part of the guilds is going to make me love it less, and therefore have less time for it, and for sure cause me not to $$$SPEND ACTUAL MONEY$$$ on it.
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »
    Are slow levellers really more dedicated than people who don't play with that limitation?

Kinda like crossfit

And vegans!
  • @hudson1520 Personally, I do not like to participate in forums mainly because I don't have the time as a casual player. Sadly as this is a big change, I wonder how I could get involved if possible. According to some threads, it seems more like a crappy version of an AMA but none of the less I feel I need to get involved...
  • edited February 19
    I totally love this game, and I do happily $$$SPEND ACTUAL MONEY$$$ on it from time to time to support it, and I LOVE the folx in my Guild, but these changes to the unifying and fun part of the guilds is going to make me love it less, and therefore have less time for it, and for sure cause me not to $$$SPEND ACTUAL MONEY$$$ on it.

I am picturing you shouting into a megaphone when you are emphasizing your point across. Might wanna get closer to their ears first...
  • Yep. Hate the all or nothing format for crowns. Especially the mandatory 20 dungeons. When I was lower level I couldn’t have made it consistently. If this is a plan to get more people to spend money on the game it’s flawed. I am sticking with it for now in hopes that something changes but if this is the norm for long I will quit DB for good...and I have been playing for 500+ days straight, spend a little real $ to bump me up every once in a while, but new crowns system combined with the ridiculously hard event this past weekend I am nearly ready to move on to another game to focus my attention on.

You already have tons of good suggestions in this forum to fix this. Pick one and see how ur customers like it.

Until this weekend I have enjoyed DB everyday since I started playing.

Thanks,

Texfanjay
  • Ironic. I got my 2 year anniversary badge today, and I really am considering quitting over the crown changes!
  • I like that my daily tab always disappears after I claim it, nice and clean. Also makes holding quests for reset turn a bit more simple,

But I could just be mindlessly bickering , perhaps I'll attract the attention of joel , because muh feefees
  • Kegman913 wrote: »
    One thing to consider about the stamina burn. My mom, a terrible DB player is level 70 and can't beat the tower. She represents a large portion of DB players imo. She was forced to throw *gulp* 38 heroes at the first floor which happened to be a beast team and she doesn't understand how to beat them well even with my guidance.

Point being, not everyone has the tower for +270 stamina a day.

That's pretty amazing tbh
  • sagewithaflawsagewithaflaw Member
    edited February 20
    As a serious but fairly casual player, I am pretty bummed about these changes. I liked the fact I could maintain all the social benefits of being in a guild without having a laundry list of quests to knock out every day. I don’t even care about the weekly rewards to be honest. If the decision to greatly increase the difficulty (time, resources, etc) of getting crowns was implemented by DB because they felt too many guilds were getting max rewards, I would have *much* preferred they came out and said “hey folks, as it is now, we feel the guild rewards are a bit too generous and so we’re lowering the weekly payout.” That would give the go-getters things to do but not push away more casual players like myself.

I thought the intent was to make the game more guild-oriented? This will drive away a lot of folks who were fine previously and lead them to either just quit the game or play sans guild. Some have said “just sack up” and roll with the changes, but for those of us with busy lives, demanding jobs, family, other hobbies and distractions, the new requirements tip the scale too much into making the game a series of chores. Hoping they reconsider the effect these changes will bring about.