New Hero - Agnon - Dark Construct Warrior

Per pcg0d in the "New Question & Answer Process Replaces Weekly DB Guild Summits" thread:
http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/56931/new-question-answer-process-replaces-weekly-db-guild-summits

Summit Log 20 Feb 2018:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vWrVnetBQdvei99NmkBOf0ky3iYIa-CSVkuCCdvbb-0/edit?usp=sharing

New Hero: Agnon - Dark Construct Warrior

We will be using a system very similar to the Winterfest system. 14 day event where players can get tokens for the hero each day. Players have 3 options each day Bronze, Silver, Gold. At end of the event, players can choose all the doors again. Chossing all Gold doors wil guarantee 6* Agnon and lots of other loot too. Starts Thursday. There will be a threshold guild event similar to the wreath event. Get guild points/event tickets in vrious areas of the game to accumulate points...

Comments

• Sounds interesting, but the beasts and dark heroes have lots going for them right now.

Would have preferred something different.

However, the next hero will be a green hero, maybe an elf?
  • better be a goblin or ogre
  • edited February 21
    Yes ogre!
  • edited February 21
    But what we really need is a dark beast... That would make PVP so balanced!

(Something that could counter the meta now is a Light Monster Ogre with a purge to stop Shade teams and monster to fear/damage beasts. OFC it's also gotta have a sports primary attack maybe a dunk on the enemies.
  • But what we really need is a dark beast... That would make PVP so balanced!

(Something that could counter the meta now is a Light Monster Ogre with a purge to stop Shade teams and monster to fear/damage beasts. OFC it's also gotta have a sports primary attack maybe a dunk on the enemies.

Haahaha.. yeah.. that's true.. We really need a dark beast that reduces opponents only attack for 3 round, and grant invisibility for 10 rounds to all beasts when a fellow beast dies. We need these changes to be balanced...

or NOT !!!
  • That would actually be a cool buff... Invisibility- 90% chance to dodge single target attacks. AoE not effected.
  • Transparent animation amd slight sparkly on the hero while in effect, hellz yeah lol.
  • @Joel can you guys do something similar for the next rogue hero. We need more ninjas in our life. : D
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @Joel can you guys do something similar for the next rogue hero. We need more ninjas in our life. : D

I agree. Or maybe they could have an effect called Smoke Screen. Allied Rogues will dodge every attack for 1 turn, retaliate any Melee attackers, and deal double damage for 1 turn. It could actually be enough to make Rogues somewhat viable.

Then a new beast comes out that ignores all enemy buffs or something.
  • Sounds OP. I could see it being an epic or 8+ energy ability. But rogues do need something.
    Sounds OP. I could see it being an epic or 8+ energy ability. But rogues do need something.

To counter the current meta of ridiculously OP heroes, you need to have other OP effects or heroes. That’s just the sad truth of it. Rogue’s won’t ever be useful again unless Shade/Zomm/Beasts are nerfed, or the Rogues get a buff.
  • Just adding OP people wont do anything for the droves of useless heroes unless they are team legendaries. We need some nerfs and some buffs and balanced new heroes.
  • Just adding OP people wont do anything for the droves of useless heroes unless they are team legendaries. We need some nerfs and some buffs and balanced new heroes.

While I technically agree with your comment that many heroes need nerf, the business and PR reality is that it is not the best course of action.
    Nobody likes the idea of spending or working towards something, only to be told that the prize is not what it seemed... It's the psychology of human to prefer rewards than punishment. Imagine an alternate reality that GT is nerfed today- you would have some players (mostly those top players with lotsa heroes) agree that a nerf is needed, but majority of players will just curse, demand compensation, demands free runes switch and threaten to quit

Sad truth is that it is safer for dev to buff other heroes - such as the not so recent undead buffs.. Everyone welcomes it, nobody threatens to quit..
    Buff older heroes ?? Hhmmm, doesn't seem to bring in as much interest and $$$.. Why not build a new hero, create some events around it --> that will bring in more money...

• The thing is, GT's mammoth guard does need at least a minor nerf. Even changing it to 60% starting and leaving the rest alone would make it better.
    The thing is, GT's mammoth guard does need at least a minor nerf. Even changing it to 60% starting and leaving the rest alone would make it better.

I agree. I don't think it should buff himself, either. He's guarding his allies. He shouldn't take the DR himself. It should only be to discourage enemies from using AoE's because they won't be as effective on Gore's allies. But I think he should take full damage from everything.
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    edited February 22
    My understanding is that Mammoth Guard buffs teammates' DR, but buffs Defense (hugely) for GT.

For better or worse, Agnon is the GT nerf. He's all but guaranteed to one-shot GT. Agnon gets: x2 damage to non-flying, plus x3 damage to tanks, from his first special ability, which ALSO does crazy bonus damage based on how much defense the target has ... which is bad news for GT. I saw his first special do x7 damage (in addition to the other damage buffs) earlier today. Oh, and his first special is Armor Piercing, too.
    ScoutYo wrote: »
    My understanding is that Mammoth Guard buffs teammates' DR, but buffs Defense (hugely) for GT.

For better or worse, Agnon is the GT nerf. He's all but guaranteed to one-shot GT. Agnon gets: x2 damage to non-flying, plus x3 damage to tanks, from his first special ability, which ALSO does crazy bonus damage based on how much defense the target has ... which is bad news for GT. I saw his first special do x7 damage (in addition to the other damage buffs) earlier today. Oh, and his first special is Armor Piercing, too.

Mine still can't 1-shot a GT. Probably simply a matter of stats. Mine's of course, still 1*. Hopefully once I get him starred up, I'll see Goretusks dying left and right...
  • ScoutYo wrote: »

Mine still can't 1-shot a GT. Probably simply a matter of stats. Mine's of course, still 1*. Hopefully once I get him starred up, I'll see Goretusks dying left and right...

I wouldn't think a 1* hero could 1 shot a well runed GT. Damage him significantly? Sure, but not 1-shot. Maybe 3* and decently runed is when you can see some more consistent 1 shotting.
  • Any suggestions on how to rune Mr. Gargoyle Face? A lot of y'all know way more about optimal rune strategies than I do yet...
    Gandalf would have rocked Dungeon Boss...
    the Balrog would be a fire version of Igorok...
  • Any suggestions on how to rune Mr. Gargoyle Face? A lot of y'all know way more about optimal rune strategies than I do yet...

use legendary 5* elite runes with 4th traits.
    Dont put much def on him otherwise he´ll be useless
    oNC5bHb.png
  • I'm thinking attack, pen and maybe health?
  • danac wrote: »
    Any suggestions on how to rune Mr. Gargoyle Face? A lot of y'all know way more about optimal rune strategies than I do yet...

Send $200 to my PayPal and I'll gladly try it... wink, wink...

• danac wrote: »
    Any suggestions on how to rune Mr. Gargoyle Face? A lot of y'all know way more about optimal rune strategies than I do yet...

Craft 'em, send em over and I'll use 'em.

I made one elite rune and can't even remember which hero it ended up on. Really clobbered my gem supply.

Its gonna be a long time before I make another.
  • Do you still have to tune it up?
  • Do you still have to tune it up?

If I remember from Darth Craig's video, yep! I think between the material prep, crafting and tuning it was probably several thousand gems for one rune...

I don't think I even own a Legendary Superior to "crush" for that one quest, so it's gonna be a cold day in a hot place before I ever craft an Elite rune...