Hero Spotlight: Agnon

Comments

• Well, the Astrid should probably be full-out +defense, given that "just a scratch" passive. In PvP I can be fighting enemies up to six levels higher than me, too, so maybe the stat boost from those levels could give Astrid the edge. Anyway, to answer my own question, Plummet's a melee attack; it doesn't get the benefit from ranged weakness. (That's a trait found on sumos in PvE, which makes them take x2 damage from ranged attacks.) So there you go.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Stinky wrote: »
    Maybe if Dhaegon had some kind of, oh, I don't know, trait that helped not only himself but his dwarf allies, he wouldn't have been dumped like a bad habit.
    Stinky wrote: »
    Maybe if Dhaegon had some kind of, oh, I don't know, trait that helped not only himself but his dwarf allies, he wouldn't have been dumped like a bad habit.

I don’t think that’s a very accurate comparison. A bad habit is hard to toss in a corner forever and forget about because it’s so useless.
  • Hey if they are giving Agnon a “living stone” buff, shouldn’t Leonidus be given the same buff given that he is also a statue come to life?
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    Hey if they are giving Agnon a “living stone” buff, shouldn’t Leonidus be given the same buff given that he is also a statue come to life?

But then he just makes irritating beast teams more annoying and he doesn't look like a construct to me.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    But isn't he a statue? I like the idea. More the merrier.
  • Most debuffs don't have much use on Leo and would be better put elsewhere anyways. Plus if he's a non-living construct he can't be healed by Lily or Solaris! It could actually be a debuff to the beast team. :)
    Most debuffs don't have much use on Leo and would be better put elsewhere anyways. Plus if he's a non-living construct he can't be healed by Lily or Solaris! It could actually be a debuff to the beast team. :)

I think Leo could be a living Construct, since he's made of stone. Stonefist and Agnon are made of stone as well, so it'd just make sense.

Then they could make his Divine Inspiration turn him into stone for a turn (like how Agnon's Hardened Assault turns him to stone after) to give him an extra bit of bulk.

I don't think it should be an exact copy of Agnon's passive, but maybe something similar. Also Agnon's passives are colored purple and were made specifically for him, and they'd look weird on Leo. Just sayin'.
  • Well Selwyn has pretty much the exact same thing so it's not out of the picture. The problem I have with actually buffing him is, with Solaris and Lily or GT, that team already has so much durability.
  • Most debuffs don't have much use on Leo and would be better put elsewhere anyways. Plus if he's a non-living construct he can't be healed by Lily or Solaris! It could actually be a debuff to the beast team. :)
    I think Leo could be a living Construct, since he's made of stone. Stonefist and Agnon are made of stone as well, so it'd just make sense.

I am not sure you two get it. Leo is a beast, and shouldn't be buffed in the next 10 years
  • GingeNinja wrote: »
    Most debuffs don't have much use on Leo and would be better put elsewhere anyways. Plus if he's a non-living construct he can't be healed by Lily or Solaris! It could actually be a debuff to the beast team. :)

I am not sure you two get it. Leo is a beast, and shouldn't be buffed in the next 10 years

There are beasts that under-perform. There are meta beasts... and there are useless never used ones. For example, Flying could be super good but Torchy would never get used and he needs a buff even if the rest of the flying needed a nerf. A god family doesn't mean the entire family doesn't need a buff, like Julius, the awkward uncle who barely knows the family and isn't good. Leo doesn't need a buff, but if he was a construct, it would stop him from being healed by anyone but himself, and canceling debuffs isn't very good since none do that well on him.
  • @MrTheWaffleKing If the beasts that under perform are buffed, then this will further cement their family in the meta. Just leaving them be is fine. Personally, i'm hoping for some monster love. (Prediction- the legendary green hero will be a dwarf; why else would they buff them?)
  • Or elf... they got buffs too. Dwarves already have a legendary.
    There's still no undead healer ;) Chief NubNub may have deceased brother goblin!
  • Yorick
  • this thing agnon... i though lord zomm op, couse in most pvp on my lvl, he 1 shot with 1st ability, but this stone 1 shot zomm =/
    Agnon is super fun with 2 caster runes on and rest def. He survives and he gets annoying taunts and such
    Yorick

Well they're right, there is no "official" Undead Healer. But there doesn't need to be one, either. The Undead work off of Life-steal and healing from Zomm's Taste for Brains. They don't need a Healer.
  • @Evil_Spirits Monsters are the ones in need of a healer
  • GingeNinja wrote: »
    @Evil_Spirits Monsters are the ones in need of a healer

Please no, monsters are ruining my life in pvp, devs please don't make a monster healer.
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice
  • Adverb007 wrote: »
    Please no, monsters are ruining my life in pvp, devs please don't make a monster healer.

What level are you? I just want to see a meta monster team. Marrow needs a strong revival passive

GingeNinja wrote: »

Umm the only viable monster is koros, you see a species is not made in DB just to add one more hero to a meta team, also what about heroes like mangle, they get left in the dust to often... It doesn't have to be as strong as ignus revamp but give me something!!
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...

Umm the only viable monster is koros, you see a species is not made in DB just to add one more hero to a meta team, also what about heroes like mangle, they get left in the dust to often... It doesn't have to be as strong as ignus revamp but give me something!!

I hate this mentality. "One (or a few) hero is too good so the entire rest of the family has to stay in the dust." No. That hero either has to stay the same or get nerfed BUT the rest of the team still needs buffs. It's the same with beasts like torchy and Julius that see no play at all.

I hate this mentality. "One (or a few) hero is too good so the entire rest of the family has to stay in the dust." No. That hero either has to stay the same or get nerfed BUT the rest of the team still needs buffs. It's the same with beasts like torchy and Julius that see no play at all.

But at least they get good options, barely anyone even uses monster teams anymore, to much counters being released (mainly drakk stealing their taunts, skins or other goodie buffs that could of helped them win.
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...

But at least they get good options, barely anyone even uses monster teams anymore, to much counters being released (mainly drakk stealing their taunts, skins or other goodie buffs that could of helped them win.

So yes, other teams need to be buffed- but shouldn't all bad heroes be buffed? I wan't Julius to not be in the bottom 10 worst heroes.

So yes, other teams need to be buffed- but shouldn't all bad heroes be buffed? I wan't Julius to not be in the bottom 10 worst heroes.

But he isn't :confused:

Those heroes are

1.alexander
    2.nitpick
    3.sifu
    4.king yorick
    5.takumi
    6.phenol
    7.dhaegin stone crusher
    8.rogar
    9.aria
    10.ember
  • Julius is worse than Yorick or Ember... maybe even Dhaegon and Aria.
  • Julius is worse than Yorick or Ember... maybe even Dhaegon and Aria.

thats so not true, he actually See's play in legend 2-3 because of some specific things mainly his taunt, with good damage runes he can basically be a before epic lupina, and he boosts solaris health boost, buffs the defense of heroes by 15%, pretty decent, and i noticed that actually nitpick is seeing some play as the trash team of legend 1 so number 10 is now icebloom, not to mention the bug was fixed making her basically a trash hero for 100 tokens. Part of me wanted to say torchy but then everyone would yell at me of how "AMAZING" He is even though he has nothing on shikate or indigo, and honestly at least they have a use other then the silence ( Indigo can be used as a mini ekko turn one, and shikate can grant allies some haste to your heroes like drakk can basic attack a random enemy 12 times for some insanely absurd fun in tower. And none of those things even seem appropriate, i admit aria might be better by a little in some areas, but she has 0 synergies and he has solaris, leo, and all of the green synergies, basically i'm going to sing a mini song

" Once there was a very good hero named yoorick but then he got nerfed really bad, became a rogue and hasn't ever won a game since!!! ember sure she's fast, but she still isn't even close to good enough to justify all of those evos spent, i mean thats like 20+ celestial evos first ascension, aria has the exact same problem, and dhaegon has literally never seen plaaaay, i mean that hero doesn't even have any upsides, i would honestly rather run my unascended masuta then him... even if he was fully ascended"
  • echonapechonap Member
    Julius is worse than Yorick or Ember... maybe even Dhaegon and Aria.

Julius's passive alone makes him better than Yorick, Dhaegon, and Aria.

Ember is still a useful niche hero, but now she is overshadowed by Abi.
  • echonap wrote: »
    Julius is worse than Yorick or Ember... maybe even Dhaegon and Aria.

Julius's passive alone makes him better than Yorick, Dhaegon, and Aria.

Ember is still a useful niche hero, but now she is overshadowed by Abi.

I agree with the this to the letter, stil, think ember is way to expensive compared to abagail so she needs a very big buff to make her worth 40 celestial evos... It's probably more but still it's a lot, and if I had a good Julius I would probably use him, I mean 25% health increasing Solaris health bonus by 25% defense boosts making these defense batched epics that much stronger, I mean my jabber would probably have like 6.6k defense with him on the team.
  • They should modify Ember so that everyone starts the battle on fire and all allies with Ember will heal each turn they're on fire instead of take damage while the enemies just burn away xD