Rune Salvage Without Consent

Comments

• ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    This is the beginning of a page straight from the Developers section of Android's website, detailing when and how the Back button should be programmed to work:

e850y31j64rw.png

Here's a page, also from the Developers section, explaining the proper function of the back button:

9lhjautfjyp3.png

Not for nothing, but here are Android's words of wisdom on a related (for our purposes) subject:

rr61gsd81o1v.png
  • ng51386ng51386 Member
    @Joel that doesn't make any sense at all that the back button would continue with a rune salvage.

All other known instances of the back button being used in the game doesn't cause the action to be continued, but the menu to be closed and no action bring taken.

Where in the game does it state that the time will be salvaged if the back button is pressed? This doesn't seem like an intended action.
  • ng51386ng51386 Member
    @xtmn8r since this has been recognized by you as a bug in the system, per the summit, and something that occurred to a rather rare and valuable rune, is there a way I can receive compensation for this?

I'm not looking to get something I don't deserve, and this particular rune can be easily determined on whether or not I should have had it due to the conditions required to get earn it, I'm just looking to receive the rune that was lost due to a bug in the game and not user error.
  • danacdanac Member
    ng51386 wrote: »
    @xtmn8r since this has been recognized by you as a bug in the system, per the summit, and something that occurred to a rather rare and valuable rune, is there a way I can receive compensation for this?

I'm not looking to get something I don't deserve, and this particular rune can be easily determined on whether or not I should have had it due to the conditions required to get earn it, I'm just looking to receive the rune that was lost due to a bug in the game and not user error.

But it is user error.
    you made a mistake in thinking DB wouldn't screw you over.

• PardonPardon Member
    It's simply unacceptable if you do not compensate this loss. Just do it or your reliability will go even lower that it is now with the last changes.
  • @Joel @xtmn8r Bump
  • ng51386ng51386 Member
    @xtmn8r any chance there's an update available for this?

Seeing as how this has been recognized as a bug by you in an earlier summit and that the rune can be easily verified as it's a one of a kind rune, is there any chance this can be taken care of any time soon?
  • ng51386ng51386 Member
    Hi @xtmn8r is there an update available regarding the bugged salvage issue I had?
  • ng51386ng51386 Member
    @xtmn8r bump
  • danacdanac Member

@xtmn8r bump

should be fixed tomorrow or thursday
  • danac wrote: »
    @xtmn8r bump

Is it confirmed that the upcoming patch will fix the android "back" button bug that @ng51386 experienced?

I know the patch will add a pop up box, which will help, but not sure if the patch will fix the "back" button on android to not make it perform a "confirm/ok" action on salvaging.
  • danacdanac Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    danac wrote: »
    @xtmn8r bump

Is it confirmed that the upcoming patch will fix the android "back" button bug that @ng51386 experienced?

I know the patch will add a pop up box, which will help, but not sure if the patch will fix the "back" button on android to not make it perform a "confirm/ok" action on salvaging.

ok, point, I figured the back button would trigger the popup, but idk for sure.

@Victoria @Joel ?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited March 28
    That is changed as well!
    Post edited by Joel on
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Joel wrote: »
    That is fixed as well!

So when will @ng51386 get his rune back?
  • ng51386ng51386 Member
    The fix wasn't was I was concerned too much about, more about getting the rune back.

If it wasn't a bug, why was it fixed in thhle update?

@xtmn8r @Joel
    Poor phrasing on my part, I should have said "changed that as well". It wasn't a bug, it has always worked that way, but we understood the confusion and mishaps that could arise from it, so we changed it.
  • oredithoredith Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Poor phrasing on my part, I should have said "changed that as well". It wasn't a bug, it has always worked that way, but we understood the confusion and mishaps that could arise from it, so we changed it.
    so..

we acknowledge that it was poor design, we acknowledge that it's not the players fault for assuming something would function ____ way since it works that way everywhere else in the game, except in this instance. but we're not going to restore the item?

that's cool
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • ng51386ng51386 Member
    However it was recognized as a bug by @xtmn8r
  • ng51386ng51386 Member
    @xtmn8r any chance I can get a status update on when I can expect compensation from the bugged salvage?
  • tthebonetthebone Member
    I know its not the answer you want to hear but the devs arent going to compensate you on this, but on a more positive note you had the chance to get another freezing skin rune during the fire/water event.
  • ng51386ng51386 Member
    When a rune is accidentally salvaged due to user error, the rune shouldn't be compensated.

In this situation it wasn't user error, but a mechanism in the game that was identified by @xtmn8r as a bug in a previous summit.

If a bug caused an issue, it's normal for the game to compensate since it wasn't any fault of the player, but the game itself.

If the rune isn't going to be compensated, the developers should give their reasoning. @xtmn8r
  • ng51386ng51386 Member
    Anything about this yet?

@xtmn8r
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Pretty sure this is the answer...

yeah-no.jpg
  • ng51386ng51386 Member
    Then a reason why a recognized bug that caused a rune to be salvaged without the player's consent isn't being compensated?
  • oredithoredith Member
    UnripeWelldocumentedEagle-max-1mb.gif
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • ng51386ng51386 Member
    Still waiting patiently...

Rune was salvaged due to a bug in the game, the devs recognize it as a bug and even patched the game, the rune can easily be confirmed whether or not I should have it...

Not sure why no word nor any compensation of any sort even.
    Pretty sure that after 4 months you're SOL.
    But I could be wrong.

@Joel see original post 1st page, can ng51386 get his/her rune back or some kind of compensation.

@ng51386 Did you ever submit a ticket to customer service on this issue?
    https://dungeonboss.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    We have never had the ability to restore runes, so I can say that is not a potential solution here. As I said a while back, they are free to contact customer support, but I do not have control over compensation payouts.
    There ya go @ng51386
    Contact customer service, and you'll get what you get.
    https://dungeonboss.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
  • ArconnArconn Member
    What if there was a way to “lock” a rune to prevent it from being salvaged until you “unlock” it? That way once I receive a super good one of a time rune I can just lock it and not worry about it being accidentally salvaged.

I can understand why it wouldn’t be high on the priority list, but maybe something to think about @Joel