Healer Heroics!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
wulafnzz3221.png

The Healers are getting ready to go and have some bigger bandages prepared for this event!

We've got a variety of quests lined up, including a quest chain that will allow you to unlock the War Chief NubNub skin, or some Heroic Summons if you already have the skin. In addition, all non-legendary healers get the "Invinciblessing" passive during the event, which lets them start dungeons with invincibility and cleanses all debuffs on all allies at the end of their turn!

In addition, we released a change today that will increase the effectiveness of healing abilities across the board.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Nice event! I love the rune in the shop
  • 1. this is solaris-cist
    2. this is op for everything else
    The Great Monk- Key shall protect my dungeon from attacks

SparkleStarley
  • danacdanac Member
    Joel wrote: »

In addition, we released a change today that will increase the effectiveness of healing abilities across the board.

Except for Lilly! we made her less effective!
  • Do you really expect anyone to be able to buy anything AFTER the op rune?
  • GingeNinja wrote: »
    Do you really expect anyone to be able to buy anything AFTER the op rune?

OP rune? Which one? Why would a a single rune make people not want to buy anything?
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited March 16
    I imagine GineNinja's talking about the healer rune for 50k tickets. Given it's a short event, it might be difficult to earn enough tickets to afford anything after that. Let's see:

- 3 sets of 10x repeatables that give 1k tickets per completion. So 30k for finishing all of these.
    - Day 1 completion gives 3k tickets, with three sub-quests that give 500 each. The event is a 4 day job (right?), so 4.5k x 4 = 18k.
    - I think you get 500 tickets per Nub skin quest, so 5,000 tickets there?

That's 48k, so the last Nub skin quest probably gives more tickets than the rest. Either that, or there's four sub-quests each day and I just happened to complete it already.
  • The rune looks super good but it's hard and a grind.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Yeah. I agree. I'm more puzzled by the fact that someone would call the rune OP, and then say it should be cheaper. I'm all in favour of having my cake and I'm VERY much in favour of eating it, but that's a bit much.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited March 16
    Don't forget, those points require attempting 80 and winning 40 pvp matches with a healer on your team, and 3.3 out of 4 towers (Ok maybe 5 if you didn't do one before the event started.)

For those not accustomed to focusing intently on pvp that's a bit of a resource and time hog given only 4 days with everything else that needs to be done.

And, these 7 solaris team towers (I got one today) take time, especially if your goto team is destroyed and you need to rely on backup roster..very time consuming even if you have the skill and roster.

And for those whose towers might not reset...ick.

The only thing I can think of, is maybe they'll be selling tickets and expecting people to lay out $$$, in which case that offer should be made up front so people don't start spending tickets now and regretting it later.

Or I could be getting this all wrong. My brain is full.
    Post edited by sirtainly on
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited March 16
    The tower's a fair point. You'd think that given its unreliability, they'd stop making it so central to the game. Missing out on the normal rewards it brings is obviously bad enough, but at least it's nothing that can't be made up for. If I missed out (or miss out, if I'm unlucky...) on crowns or a shot at this rune, I'd be fuming. It's obviously too late for this event, but for dailies they could substitute the "attempt a tower level" quest for the old potion daily, until such a time the tower is reliably up.

I like the fact that there's one big reward to work towards. I might not make it, but it's something to shoot for. People who don't get the rune (I'll probably be one of them!) don't go away empty-handed, there's still a lot of nice stuff on offer in the event shop.

Also, you don't have to attempt 80 pvp matches - the quest where you have to attempt 8 pvp matches is part of the Nub skin's quest chain. So you'll get that by trying to do the PvP repeatable. 40 wins is 10 wins a day, which doesn't sound so crazy to me.
  • Stinky wrote: »
    The tower's a fair point. You'd think that given its unreliability, they'd stop making it so central to the game. Missing out on the normal rewards it brings is obviously bad enough, but at least it's nothing that can't be made up for. If I missed out (or miss out, if I'm unlucky...) on crowns or a shot at this rune, I'd be fuming. It's obviously too late for this event, but for dailies they could substitute the "attempt a tower level" quest for the old potion daily, until such a time the tower is reliably up.

I like the fact that there's one big reward to work towards. I might not make it, but it's something to shoot for. People who don't get the rune (I'll probably be one of them!) don't go away empty-handed, there's still a lot of nice stuff on offer in the event shop.

Also, you don't have to attempt 80 pvp matches - the quest where you have to attempt 8 pvp matches is part of the Nub skin's quest chain. So you'll get that by trying to do the PvP repeatable. 40 wins is 10 wins a day, which doesn't sound so crazy to me.

Re: the 80 attempts..OOPS, you're right!

I -knew- my brain wasn't working properly.

Thanks for setting me straight. I don't want to post false information.
  • Stinky wrote: »
    I imagine GineNinja's talking about the healer rune for 50k tickets. Given it's a short event, it might be difficult to earn enough tickets to afford anything after that. Let's see:

- 3 sets of 10x repeatables that give 1k tickets per completion. So 30k for finishing all of these.
    - Day 1 completion gives 3k tickets, with three sub-quests that give 500 each. The event is a 4 day job (right?), so 4.5k x 4 = 18k.

That's 48k, so the last Nub skin quest probably gives more tickets than the rest. Either that, or there's four sub-quests each day and I just happened to complete it already.

The Nub skin quest is 20 steps, not 10, so that's 10k tickets.
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Barleyman wrote: »
    Stinky wrote: »

Um, it's 10
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited March 16
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited March 16
    Brazy wrote: »

Um, it's 10

si4csnwb9r98.png

Ah. It says 20 on the top right, and 10 on the top left. These skin quests are usually 20 steps long, so I assumed 20 was correct.
  • Yes, 7/20 Healer Tokens have been collected. ;)
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    Brazy wrote: »

Um, it's 10

si4csnwb9r98.png

Ah. It says 20 on the top right, and 10 on the top left. These skin quests are usually 20 steps long, so I assumed 20 was correct.

That 7/20 represents your progress on the current step of the main quest line, which is 10 steps.
  • Portal parrttyyyyy ,
  • So max tickets is 55k? At least it’s enough for the Rune. I keep waiting for an event where a high ticket item cannot be reached.
  • bwubbwub Member
    What’s with the lousy 3 summons reward from the war chief quest. That’s a lot of work plus crafting two greater or better tunes. What is even worth using the summons? If they were really useful we wouldn’t be having the current portal pull event.
  • bwub wrote: »
    What’s with the lousy 3 summons reward from the war chief quest. That’s a lot of work plus crafting two greater or better tunes. What is even worth using the summons? If they were really useful we wouldn’t be having the current portal pull event.

You already have the skin most people are questing for, so DB just give heroic summons instead
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Yes, 7/20 Healer Tokens have been collected. ;)

D'oh!
  • danacdanac Member

Not correct.

Day 1 and 2 were 4 quest apiece, which gives 5 k tickets total.
    If 3+4 are the same, then it's 20 for daily quests and 30 for repeatables=50, exactly enough.

This is still a big quest for a big rune, esp for people who have PVP/tower problems. But if you do Nub quest you can skip half the tower or PVP.

• I'm at 36415 tickets... do they drop from somewhere too? Cause I haven't bought anything.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    danac wrote: »

Not correct.

Day 1 and 2 were 4 quest apiece, which gives 5 k tickets total.
    If 3+4 are the same, then it's 20 for daily quests and 30 for repeatables=50, exactly enough.

This is still a big quest for a big rune, esp for people who have PVP/tower problems. But if you do Nub quest you can skip half the tower or PVP.

Oh, okay, cool. I stand corrected.
  • *gives an ambiguous statement* *watches as the rest of the chat tries to infer meaning*
  • But seriously, will tickets carry over? When is event shop closing? How long till next event....?
  • danacdanac Member
    GingeNinja wrote: »
    But seriously, will tickets carry over? When is event shop closing? How long till next event....?

It *was* official DB policy that tickets do not carry over.
    I've had times where they carried over, and then I lost a bunch at times when they didn't.

Unless the blues say otherwise, leaving tickets is gambling.

The shop closes in '1 day' so either at midnight Mon, or 300 pm CST Tues.

The next event will begin in 3 weeks, 2 days, 6 hours, give or take.

• sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited March 19
    GingeNinja wrote: »
    But seriously, will tickets carry over? When is event shop closing? How long till next event....?

Once or twice they have accidentally carried over (as an accidental oversight on the part of DB.) Joel has specifically advised not to count on this.

See this thread:

forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/comment/214715#Comment_214715

The event banner for the Healer Heroics event states it will end in 8 hours (as of this writing) which would be "3PM" DB central time today (Monday.)

The items in the event shop generally say "ends in 1 day". For the sake of caution, I'd recommend buying them by the end of day today (Monday) unless you have some good reason to gamble.

Me, I'm going to buy my stuff just before end of event time - there's no reason for me to wait. I could and probably should just buy my stuff now.
    Post edited by sirtainly on
  • Wish I read this page earlier. Even If I finish all the quests I will be 2K tickets short of the rune. Wish dungeons would drop tickets like some other events. They should mention there is a max of tickets that can be earned for an event. Would not have bought some stupid materials otherwise. No rune for me.