I’m a bit annoyed that I had to retreat on a 25+ streak

msj8vpwy2t4e.png
Grrrr

Comments

• But understandable.
  • PardonPardon Member
    The streak system generates too much frustration and should be changed...
  • Agree that streak system is frustrating. But also looks like you just brought the wrong team to attack with. Might as well think of it as a straight loss than a retreat.
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    Yeah not the best team selection here.
  • echonapechonap Member
    That's a legit loss in my book.
  • Pardon wrote: »
    The streak system generates too much frustration and should be changed...

yeah, streaks shouldn't be so important, maybe like 4 extra trophies every tally on it and after 2 losses in a row it is lost (this one wouldn't expire after 4 hours instead of 2)
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • What team would you suggest against a Shade / Lily / Hopper / Solaris ?
  • this will sound crazy- lily,jabber,luipina,solaris
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Whoever removed those corpses on your team (hopper probably they made you lose. You need to posses those corpses and do some killing. Honestly, you got unlucky that Solaris was the last one alive, but removing corpses with a hero that is immune to half of your team's attacks is asking a bit too much, and there is really no need. I use shade koros grog sol, but honestly that isn't the best, I just use the, because they have the best runes.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • echonapechonap Member
    DaddysGirl wrote: »
    What team would you suggest against a Shade / Lily / Hopper / Solaris ?

Agnon Solaris Ferno Ekko, kill Shade first with Agnon
  • PardonPardon Member
    I totally agree regarding the fact that streak should be changed as now it generates too much frustration and tie the player to the game in an unacceptable way...and your proposal looks quite interesting.
    The only thing to say is that after last revamp the devs simply erased the difference between easy, medium and hard as now it's the same difficulty...and this is another thing that urges to be fixed!
    Suggested PvP Streak Changes:
    1. PvP Streaks reset back to 0 when reaching 20 wins.
    2. Payout a 2,000 trophy bonus and 24 hours of chest protection for hitting a 20 streak.
    The 2,000 trophy bonus will need to be adjusted per League Ranking.

Background:
    Players extremely frustrated having to keep a streak going endlessly.
    Streaks always result in frustration as it ends with "losing your streak."
    Maintaining a streak keeps you constantly tied to the game and worried you'll lose your streak.

Assessment:
    Current streak infrastucture stays in place.
    Current trophy values stay in place.
    Very minor coding requirements to implement this change.

Today a player doing a 20 streak from scratch results in 5,728 trophies.
    A player then continuing the streak from 21-40 will result in 8,000 additional trophies.
    With the 20 streak cap and bonus, each 20 streak will result in roughly the same trophies.

Today's 60 streak = 23,184 trophies
    New 3x 20 streak = 23,728 trophies

Performing a 20 streak of easy matches results in 2,577 trophies.
    Performing a 20 streak of hard matches results in 5,728 trophies.

Keeping the bonus consistent no matter the difficulty helps ALL levels of players and reduces the gap between end-gamers and newer level 70's.

4,577 versus 7,728 is still significant enough that to stay competitive for #1 a player still needs to do hard matches.

Performing a 20-streak and getting a bonus results in a player feeling great about the streak versus feeling terrible for losing a streak.

Any time a player has a free hour, they can sit down and do a 20-streak and feel great about it. Then just walk away until they have another hour free.

The 24 hour chest protection further incentivises all players to do a 20 streak daily, which will create a more active pvp environment.

• Suggested PvP Streak Changes:
    1. PvP Streaks reset back to 0 when reaching 20 wins.
    2. Payout a 2,000 trophy bonus and 24 hours of chest protection for hitting a 20 streak.
    The 2,000 trophy bonus will need to be adjusted per League Ranking.

@joel @xtmn8r Please do this. Streaks are a very negative thing to deal with, especially for those with undeveloped rosters.

And unless you were around at the very beginning and had amassed a huge glut of hammers, you don't have enough hammers to protect your chest via that mechanism. So being raided is just an annoyance which can't really be consistently protected against. 99% of the time I'm protected I never get raided and, conveniently enough, the one morning I don't log in and protect my chest immediately is the one day I get raided 15 times in a row. Your inability to dole out our defense intermittently (instead just hammering us in a small window every couple of days) makes protecting our chest for 99% of the week is absolutely worthless. Offering 24 hours of chest protection not only gives those without a glut of hammers a way to protect their chest and makes this intermittent annoyance somewhat tolerable.

Also, regarding keeping the bonus consistent regardless of which type of raids are being done -- there often is little difference in the difficulty between the Easy, Medium, and Hard options presented, so giving a consistent bonus regardless of the difficulty used is perfectly reasonable.
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    99% of the time I'm protected I never get raided and, conveniently enough, the one morning I don't log in and protect my chest immediately is the one day I get raided 15 times in a row.

I think this is intended. I think your protection expiring is one thing that puts you into pool of available matches.
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited March 22
    @JaxBoomstick

Would you still include the 2.5 hour streak timer?

Overall, I like the idea. You can do a 20 streak and then not have to worry about keeping it active indefinitely. You can take a break and start a new 20 streak at your leisure.

Lastly, are your numbers correct?

I believe if you win 20 pvp matches in a row from a 0 streak, you get 5,736 trophies, then if you do 40 more matches at 400 points each, that's 16,000 added for a total of 21,736 trophies at the current system.

Your proposed new streak system would be:

3x 20 streak = 3*(5,736 + 2,000) = 3*(7,736) = 23,208

I could be wrong though.
    Post edited by shiggity80 on
  • toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited March 22
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    @JaxBoomstick

Overall, I like the idea. You can do a 20 streak and then not have to worry about keeping it active indefinitely. You can take a break and start a new 20 streak at your leisure.

Lastly, are you numbers correct?

I believe if you win 20 pvp matches in a row from a 0 streak, you get 5,736 trophies, then if you do 40 more matches at 400 points each, that's 16,000 added for a total of 21,736 trophies at the current system.

Your proposed new streak system would be:

3x 20 streak = 3*(5,736 + 2,000) = 3*(7,736) = 23,208

I could be wrong though.
    And I thought I liked math :scream: :scream:
  • shiggity80 wrote: »

But, as many of the more experienced players know, the 2.5 hour streak time is what keeps you coming back to the game, even if it is only to use that one raid ticket that keeps your streak going. DB needs those players that consistantly are on their game, rather than fithly casuals
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
    Happy to share my knowledge with anyone that listens
  • PardonPardon Member
    I was thinking better about it and I am not convinced that it would be a great idea. The sense of frustration could even get bigger as now if you lose some streaks you could always hope to recover doing a long streak....after if you can't arrive to 20 more times....and sometimes you simply cannot, you will lose the benefit,,,consider if you for example would lose the streak at 19!!!!!
    Tha main thins from my point of view are:
    1) the 2.5 hours
    2) 20 maybe too much...maybe better 15 or less
    3) the gap between the strating and the ending (160 and 400) is too much and the way the points increase too low.
    It could be possible to work on these to improve gameplay