Digging deeper to make beasts have an equal power level

toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
edited March 29 in Feedback & Suggestions
A lot of people (mostly from in game) have been asking me to make a revamp on beasts so thats what this is about

First we will start with the buffs

For pignius I had 2 options one was him staying a tank and one was him becoming a warrior embracing his need to turn his enemies to mush

1.pignius loses his tank status and is now a warrior, he loses the when with Solaris start taunting and gains the passive endless rage, whenever a beast makes a bonus attack pignius's next attack is increased by 20%, this stacks when on a team with solaris

2. On his second ascension he loses Burning touch IV and gains Mad with power-whenever another beast retaliates or bonus attacks before the attack boost attack by 10% that turn only, stacks 10 times

3. Burning taunt is replaced with To Mush! Energy cost is 10, deals heavy damage, has double benefit from endless rage, and whenever a beast bonus attacks and crits this attack gains 2 energy, burns corpses of killed enemies

Or the path he keeps his taunts and stuff

1. Replace burning taunt with conquerer- forces enemies to target this char for single target attacks, chances for bonus attacks while taunting is reduced by 30%, whenever someone has a bonus attack, then they can attack again, starts powered (if lucky enough)(( reduce the reduction slowly, then when it reaches 0 it increases chance to bonus attack)

2. Sucker punch is replaced with sucker slam- apples off balance to everyone , deals a normal amount of damage to everyone, damage is doubled for each individual debuff 6 turn cooldown (upgrades further reduce damage enemies deal from the off balance and increase damage dealt by this attack)

3. Bestial roar increases skill instead of critical chance

4.Burning touch is replaced with burning resistance- allies take reduced damage from burning enemies

Now for the buffs for torchy

1.gain the vampiric passive- every time you bite an enemy or kill an enemy gain a stack of vampiric (stacking up to 16 times) ((deal increased damage, become fast, and gain lifesteal- lifesteal and damage increase as you gain more stacks))

Replace fiery thangs with vampiric bite- turn an ally into a vampire, dealing damage and appling permanent light weakness (takes increased damage from light enemies)

Replace beastly recklessness with because we need a bat man- gain a random maniac passive whenever biting an enemy with a debuff, if on a team with Solaris and Solaris is a vampire, and torchy is dead he will steal a from the ashes every turn until he has 3, then he will revive with all dead vampires

I am totally cool with these being added to some kind of undead/vampire hero with some torchy and undead synergies

Now for jabber-

rageful rampage- increasing crit damage dealt and then attacking target and two random enemies

Now for bovus-

Purging smash redesigned, does the same amount of damage, attacks all enemies, reduces defence, still purges one debuff but from all enemies, and energy is increased to 8

Grog gong

Strike no longer slows

Gore tusk-
Reduces damage reduction to 20%, and max momentum to 8

Julius-

Astounding pounding is replaced with going bananas

Eat tons of bananas healing yourself and increasing damage dealt by you by 20%( stacking up to 5 times and lasts 3 turns)but they didn't taste as good as you hoped so you become extremely angry gaining the going bananas buff (whenever you are attacked retaliate no matter what, this deals 2x damage, if this crits do 3x instead and gain 1 energy (6 energy cost)

Second Ascension passive-No monkey business

This hero can not dodge or be dodged, anything that would increase dodge chance or chance to miss increase damage this hero does instead. (So if this hero was dazed he would get a 50% damage increase, idk how much chance to miss his attacks is given by off balencing, but whatever it is it would increase damage he deals (other honorable mentions) dad gets chance from shadow blade, aria, and lily, this is affected by both his dodge buffs and chance to hit reduction debuffs and the opponents dodge buffs and chance to not hit debuffs.)

And finally Solaris (be warned this one probably wasn't to well designed so if this is out of balance I know and would love to her your other ideas on what you think would of been better

Mythical beast no longer applies pheonix feather to all beast allies, Only solaris

Snow day buff doesn't make fire bird purge it makes fire and flames purge or cleanse (depending who you choose to use it on)

Pheonix rising no longer applies pheonix feather to heroes that aren't solaris, but it does gain energy while dead ( or at least it is casted when she is revived and then fully resets the cooldown of the ability)
Post edited by toothlessmon on
All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...

Comments

• Thoughts?
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • echonapechonap Member
    Holy wall-of-text, Batman!
  • echonap wrote: »
    Holy wall-of-text, Batman!

Sorry, idk if that means you liked it or not, I was trying to explore puns that i could use, not many bat puns so i said batman XD, but anyway does that mean you like it or....
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    Before Solaris, a full beast team was rarely used. Grog was probably somewhat used. If you want to reduce a beast teams effectiveness, change Solaris, and maybe Goretusk.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Sorry, idk if that means you liked it or not, I was trying to explore puns that i could use, not many bat puns so i said batman XD, but anyway does that mean you like it or....

It means you write a lot. It's obvious you have a lot of ideas and are eager to provide feedback. However, you should realize that the dev team does not have time to implement bug fixes, let alone feedback from a player. Especially if you keep making these long posts. Nobody wants to read a wall of text. Try boiling down your ideas into 1 or 2 suggestions instead of paragraph after paragraph of ideas.

• I think Solaris needs to have feather on first turn. Otherwise Agnon Hopper would completely destroy any Solaris team.
  • I said allies won't, she still will
  • But still- her whole team would get wiped within a couple turns and she would be useless.
  • I don't think they die that fast, have you seen beasts? not to mention the likelyhood of battling more then 1 corpse remover isn't that high, and even if it was i am pretty sure, i mean i have been in legend for a while and the only corpse removers i ever battle are shade and zom
  • I started reading this post with a full set of teeth.

Now I'm just a toothless old man

If Joel actually reads all this and relays any of it to the devs he is a far better man than I. (Not sure that's even up for debate).

Presentation and Structure. Both very valuable things.
  • I mean the fact that without feathers, Agnon can one shot any beast except Solaris or Torchy and Hopper will eat anything that dies.
  • toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited March 28
    I mean the fact that without feathers, Agnon can one shot any beast except Solaris or Torchy and Hopper will eat anything that dies.

true, but the situation that even happens is rare, Not to mention i run bovus instead of grog and my defence winrate is 28%!! thats pretty good i mean not many people can say they win as much as i do :trollface:
    I started reading this post with a full set of teeth.

Now I'm just a toothless old man

If Joel actually reads all this and relays any of it to the devs he is a far better man than I. (Not sure that's even up for debate).

Presentation and Structure. Both very valuable things.

I don't even know most of this fancy font stuff or any of these other buttons, after all I have only been here for 3 months... :lol:
  • At level 69, I run Lupina GT Grog Solaris (which I saw in the top 100 a lot) and went up near 80% win rate on defense.
  • winning isn't important, it's the fun :cry:
  • danacdanac Member
    I can understand why you made these suggestions. Compared to all other teams, beasts are the most underpowered with the fewest synergies.

umm, what's that?

...oh.
    nvm.

• @toothlessmon

You could have saved yourself a bunch of time and just wrote "beast need buff"
  • danac wrote: »
    I can understand why you made these suggestions. Compared to all other teams, beasts are the most underpowered with the fewest synergies.

umm, what's that?

...oh.
    nvm.

The reason i made this is because most beasts AREN'T used (Julius, jabber,torchy,bovus, and pig (I play with jabber, bovus and pig (the 3 of them are not usually on the same team because i gotta include lily, and I would use julius but I don't have him, People think the idea of buffing beasts is stupid... but half of them aren't used because of the malevolent Grog Gnog, and goretusk ((I tried to find a nerf for leo, but one nerf would probably ruin him or wouldn't change a thing)))
  • toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited March 29
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    @toothlessmon

You could have saved yourself a bunch of time and just wrote "beast need buff"

I wasn't buffing all beasts, only the beasts that needed buffing

I just noticed WHOOPS I wrote the idea for grog wrong
  • danacdanac Member
    danac wrote: »

umm, what's that?

...oh.
    nvm.

The reason i made this is because most beasts AREN'T used (Julius, jabber,torchy,bovus, and pig (I play with jabber, bovus and pig )

I use Torchy all the time, and I see a lot of Pig and jabber.

Julius and Bovus aren't used mostly because teams can only have 4 heroes, and Solaris and Gnog take two spots.

• True, but if they added another spot they would probably add a lupina or a egg nog or a shade the list goes on and on, beast teams aren't even mostly beasts these days, they will throw in a shade and Zomm and then I feel bad because he is not even actually playing beast or zombie... It's a hybrid

Yeah now that I think bout it jabber doesn't need a buff... I just don't get why he got poison rampage when all enemies are already poisoned, and bovus the word (smash isn't slash so imo it should be an aoe, and slow should be something for mangle and bovus because let's face it they need something special to be played like their own mechanic, and I always thought that pignus could be a little stronger, and you see pig, I usually see grog, gore,jabber, Solaris,Zomm,shade,brom,ponti (sometimes I will see some unique random teams along the way) and the buffs to Julius seem fair, I mean I have always wanted to see a full ascended Julius, but I have never seen him in pvp, only gore tusk Solaris and whatever 2 heroes they decide to use,and there is no smart way to play torchy with ai so yeah, now maybe my torchy is abismal or something I need like egg nog