Who's next for an epic? (last epic was Selwyn/Hopper)

BarleymanBarleyman Member
edited March 31 in General Discussion
Epic Weapons: (the last two were Hopper and Selwyn, plus Nimriel upgrade)

Fire 6/16 :) Rogar :) Nimriel :) Squinch :) Lupina :) Nitpick :) Torchy :)
Water 7/17 :) Igorok :) Grog-Gnog :) Icebloom :) Yasmin :) Yorick :) Stone Fist :) Selwyn :)
Earth 7/17 :) Hansuke :) Jabber :) Willow :) Bovus :) Nub-Nub :) Tsume :) Bramble :)
Light 4/13 :) Masuta Kira :) Emily :) Ekko :) Augustus :)
Dark 7/15 :) Zomm :) Shade :) Brom :) Kobal :) Dagrund :) Shadowblade :) Hopper :)

I was expecting Hopper to get an epic for Easter, much as Grog-Gnog got one for Winterfest, so no surprise there. Hopper has been a special situation hero for me, and often got killed in PvP. This epic makes her stronger all round without upsetting her primary design and purpose.

I was very pleasantly surprised to see Selwyn get an epic and much needed revamp. Selwyn is one of the oldest heroes in the game, but was almost useless due to his huge energy costs. This upgrade and epic moves him from useless to worth giving some attention to, which for me is the whole point of epics - get an older unused hero back in use, rather than boost an already overused hero.

Nimriel's epic was rather so-so, as one of the early ones when clearly DB hadn't really figured out what to do with them apart from an overall upgrade. Again, this revamp puts a hero I almost never used back in to potential circulation, so it achieves its object.

Will Nimriel (or Selwyn) become the Solaris beater? Probably not for me, given that Hopper's upgrade makes her even better at the job I already used her for of beating certain Solaris teams in PvP. However the epics are a very welcome boost to a couple of underused heroes.

So who's next? We've had the suggestion of Pontifex, and I agree he is not the threat he used to be, or should be for a Legendary hero. He doesn't really fit well into an undead team or really any team, and his resurrection is rarely much of a nuisance. He does need a boost.

However I think we're due a Light hero epic next. We're low on Light heroes generally, and since Masuta Kira got nerfed he's fallen out of favor with everyone. That really means we have three light epics, and Augustus is rarely used in PvP, where epics really make the difference.

I favor an epic for Dhaegon Stonecrusher. The Dwarves are still an under-powered and seldom used family, though I do use Dagrund frequently in PvP because he works well on a dark team. Dhaegon is a hard to get hero, yet when you do finally get him he's not worth using for anything. Rogar's lackluster epic could get a boost at the same time, and maybe a proper father-son double attack could trigger if they're both on the same team.

Comments

• coneyKconeyK Member
    I think a Light Epic next makes the most sense. However, the hero who gets the epic needs a rework with it for sure. With the exception of Leonidus, of course, who I think shouldn't get an epic because the beasts don't need any more power until Solaris gets sorted out.

Aria/Marrow/Bauble/Sifu would be pretty cool, I think. Though they've buffed Sifu's stats twice now and he's still unloved...
  • ckall056ckall056 Member
    I think its actually pretty clear - Lily was released this time of year in 2017 - she already does a good job a chipping away at beast times.
    Shower her with an ATK DEF SKL 30-20-20 epic and we'll be able to pour on the attack without her health and defense suffering as much.
    Her actual epic proc though - thats a tough one - it almost HAS to be to make all allies plants, whether they are nature or not. This would allow her to really buff the team with plant growth. Could be deadly on both offense and defense.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    ckall056 wrote: »
    I think its actually pretty clear - Lily was released this time of year in 2017 - she already does a good job a chipping away at beast times.
    Shower her with an ATK DEF SKL 30-20-20 epic and we'll be able to pour on the attack without her health and defense suffering as much.
    Her actual epic proc though - thats a tough one - it almost HAS to be to make all allies plants, whether they are nature or not. This would allow her to really buff the team with plant growth. Could be deadly on both offense and defense.

God, the last thing we need is a Lilly Epic.

Just give Abigail and Sifu their Epics and rework them to make them viable.
    Make Sifu Fast and make Abigail some sort of high-damage bruiser with self-healing skills to stay in the fight.
  • WasiWasi Member
    Agnon
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • ckall056 wrote: »

Make Sifu Fast and make Abigail some sort of high-damage bruiser with self-healing skills to stay in the fight.

They also need a buff to if that's going to work, I mean they don't have much good on them, sifu is too expensive for me to use, and Abigail just doesn't do anything- flatline they need a power buff to get an epic :lol:
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator

They also need a buff to if that's going to work, I mean they don't have much good on them, sifu is too expensive for me to use, and Abigail just doesn't do anything- flatline they need a power buff to get an epic :lol:

That’s what rework means, yeah. A flat stat boost as well as new abilities and Passives.
  • ckall056ckall056 Member
    I like Abigail's attack buff, but she never gets to use it effectively.
    They could change it to an AOE, add daze and stuff, that would make it better, but until she can survive, she's just like Balog...a barbarian nobody uses.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited April 3
    How about my boy Leo? A quality epic could boost him from pretty good to meta hero status.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • I hate leo, i think he needs a nerf before he gets a buff, i mean his revival trait is so op
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • darrendarren Member
    Aria for epic.. I worked hard to get her, only to shelve her in pVP..
    please reward us who worked hard to get her...
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited April 4
    I like Abigail's attack buff, but she never gets to use it effectively.
    They could change it to an AOE, add daze and stuff, that would make it better, but until she can survive, she's just like Balog...a barbarian nobody uses.

Takes me back to the days when I used Torchy, Bovus, Abigail, and Nitpick as a very effective PvP offense. Then Kai Makani came along and ruined that, then runes.
  • darren wrote: »
    Aria for epic.. I worked hard to get her, only to shelve her in pVP..
    please reward us who worked hard to get her...

Same boat, sadly they handed her and ember out like candy .
  • L0rdL33tL0rdL33t Member
    edited April 10
    I vote Zurk and Alexandros. (And buff damage return massively while you’re at it!)
  • WasiWasi Member
    Balog as fast hero with an epic proc that can silence all enemies.

But that might encourage PvP APM.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • I think an epic for Kai Makani, if done right, could make him relevant again.
    Give Kai some love DB! :)

Kai_Makani.png
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 72 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • Green and light are next, only question is what will they give an epic to next, I hope they don't give an epic to vipers sa, her basic attack is powerful enough applying a single class fear that continuously increases in damage dealt