William and Yasmin theorycraft

Let’s be honest, most if not everyone would rune spec these characters entirely defensively. However, perhaps we should give their “hunter” abilities more credit.

As we all know, superior battle etc. runes can grant a massive increase to their attack stat. The difference is very noticable on heroes that are general purpose attackers, however William and Yasmin, when attacking undead/fire/beasts/fire beasts especially the would be benifiting from the attack rune TWO TO THREE TIMES more than the standard attackers!

“But L0rd!” You may ask, “Why should we put our superior attack runes on characters that are only good against certain opponents?”

To this I say: “How often do you see Zomm, Solaris and Goretusk show in the three attack options? Exactly.”

Plus, being a ranged attacker, Yasmin won’t get diseased for attacking them unlike Masuta. Plus it will give her something to do between those really long healing cool downs...

So how, do you think this would pan out? Could this be crazy enough to work or am I getting the math wrong and they would still have unimpressive damage output?

Comments

• I runed ember pure offensive (better rune colors than Yasmin) and hit some undead. It isn’t as impressive as you’d hope. Basic attacks already do less damage than special abilities as it is. The lower base stats, bad specials, and lack of synergy with those heroes will mean they are way less viable than newer heroes. There’s a reason that everyone using Agnon/Solaris/Ferno/+1 ends up with 98%+ win rates. It works.
  • I runed ember pure offensive (better rune colors than Yasmin) and hit some undead. It isn’t as impressive as you’d hope. Basic attacks already do less damage than special abilities as it is. The lower base stats, bad specials, and lack of synergy with those heroes will mean they are way less viable than newer heroes. There’s a reason that everyone using Agnon/Solaris/Ferno/+1 ends up with 98%+ win rates. It works.

I see, I see
  • danacdanac Member
    I runed ember pure offensive (better rune colors than Yasmin) and hit some undead. It isn’t as impressive as you’d hope. Basic attacks already do less damage than special abilities as it is. The lower base stats, bad specials, and lack of synergy with those heroes will mean they are way less viable than newer heroes. There’s a reason that everyone using Agnon/Solaris/Ferno/+1 ends up with 98%+ win rates. It works.

I don't have +1.

I have to use Lilly or Goretusk.
  • Well at least Therand tears things up when runed!