A thing I noticed about Agnon

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
Just a small detail (maybe), but has anyone else noticed that Agnon’s Hardened Assault goes through ressurections? As in, with normal rampaging abilities, if if you kill an enemy who ressurects like Chromus or Ponti with a rampage skill, if there are attacks left to perform, they will just be canceled.
But Agnon’s Hardened Assault will continue to use up its remaining attack(s) if the initial hit(s) kill the enemy’s first form. You can take out 3 of Chromus’ forms this way, making the last floor of the tower very easy... As if it wasn’t easy enough already.
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Hansuke
Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
Tagged:

Comments

• echonapechonap Member
    The best is when Shade possesses someone. Hardened assault kills the puppet, there is a pause while Shade leaves the corpse, then Agnon kills Shade too.
  • echonap wrote: »
    The best is when Shade possesses someone. Hardened assault kills the puppet, there is a pause while Shade leaves the corpse, then Agnon kills Shade too.

Yup, love this feature for Shade possession!
  • Grog's epic goes through Chromus also. Maybe it has to do with hitting different heroes. The original hero dies but the ressed version is a different person. So it cancels single target multiple hits but not multi target multi hits.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 12
    Grog's epic goes through Chromus also. Maybe it has to do with hitting different heroes. The original hero dies but the ressed version is a different person. So it cancels single target multiple hits but not multi target multi hits.

Right, but normal rampage attacks don’t do this. Like Abigail’s Rampage or even Bovus’s Grisly Rampage.

I guess what I’m asking for is consistency, either all Rampage attacks should work like this or all shouldn’t.

@Joel are these things intentional?
  • Also, when is Grog's basic attack damage going to be fixed @Joel?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hardened Assault's behavior is intended, but to be clear, it is not a 'rampage' attack. Hardened Assault actively evaluates enemy DEF after each hit, whereas 'rampage' attacks are random and determined at the start of the attack.

@MrTheWaffleKing, the issue with Grog's basic attack damage is just a text issue on his hero card, the damage being dealt in battle is still be upgraded and calculated correctly.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hardened Assault's behavior is intended, but to be clear, it is not a 'rampage' attack. Hardened Assault actively evaluates enemy DEF after each hit, whereas 'rampage' attacks are random and determined at the start of the attack.

@MrTheWaffleKing, the issue with Grog's basic attack damage is just a text issue on his hero card, the damage being dealt in battle is still be upgraded and calculated correctly.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
    Joel wrote: »

I understand that it’s not a typical rampage attack. But it is an attack that can hit multiple enemies, and to be honest, does seem a bit random at times since you can’t actually see enemy DEF stats, but only guess.

I understand how it works, my question is why? Why can his attack hit enemies again after they’ve resurrected, whereas other attacks like Skull Cracker or Rampage can’t? If there’s not a reason, I think all multi-hit attacks should then work that way. Including things like Kobal’s Epic attack.
  • Joel wrote: »

I understand that it’s not a typical rampage attack. But it is an attack that can hit multiple enemies, and to be honest, does seem a bit random at times since you can’t actually see enemy DEF stats, but only guess.

I understand how it works, my question is why? Why can his attack hit enemies again after they’ve resurrected, whereas other attacks like Skull Cracker or Rampage can’t? If there’s not a reason, I think all multi-hit attacks should then work that way. Including things like Kobal’s Epic attack.

Agnon's hardened assault changes defense and has to do all new calculations, if someone's dead, it wont target them and will go for the highest defense living enemy. Now rampage targets are beforehand and don't attack because their target is dead.
  • If Koros uses Siphoning Rampage against Lord Chromus, each strike kills a Chromus and waits for the next to strike again. 3 out of 5 dead with one attack. Love it!
  • @JackHallow666 I think Joel is saying this happens because each hit is evaluated in the attack vs Abigial’s rampage is only evaluated at the beginning. This has a consequence of targeting a mid-attack ressurection. Not necessarily intended; more of a consequence of the programming.
    Joel wrote: »

Agnon's hardened assault changes defense and has to do all new calculations, if someone's dead, it wont target them and will go for the highest defense living enemy. Now rampage targets are beforehand and don't attack because their target is dead.

Ah, I see. So while it looks like a series of 3 attacks, it is actually 3 separate attacks entirely. He attacks, stops, and attacks again. That stop being the same mid-action frame where heroes also revive if they have another form... That would explain it, thanks!
    If Koros uses Siphoning Rampage against Lord Chromus, each strike kills a Chromus and waits for the next to strike again. 3 out of 5 dead with one attack. Love it!

Wait, what? Okay now I understand why Agnon works the way he does, but why does Koros work that way??
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited April 12
    -
  • All rampages work the non-normal way against Chromus. I have Grog Epic and kill 2/3 Chromus too... doesn't match up with the rampage. Maybe it's because, no matter what, he will do 5 attacks?
  • I don't understand it either, but I have observed it and take advantage of it. ;)
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    edited April 12
    I have seen Agnon stop his assault after killing lone Pontifex though. Think I mentioned this before but yeah he had 2 more attacks and after resurrection he just cancelled the other 2. He is supposed to finish Pontifex like everyone here is saying.
    Post edited by Evil_Spirits on