Reading the summit logs

In reading the summit logs it appears as this new hero will be a Solaris counter. There’s a slew of things that are wrong with this and shame on you DB for this one specifically. There’s a deal right now and has been popping up constantly to spend about $200 and get a 6 star Solaris, why would you try to get people to spend a LOT of money to get an instant 6 star legendary hero that will essentially be rendered useless come the new hero? I may be wrong but if history has taught us anything it’s not going to balance things it’s going to make it so this new hero is on every pvp team just ruining people’s solaris that some have just spent $200 to achieve for that little extra UMPH in game. This is pretty annoying and I’m sorry to now after over 2 years be on the bandwagon of “WAY TO GO DB YOU DONE GOOFED” but this wagon holds a lot of people and somehow is powered by DB itself.

If I’m wrong in any of this I apologize in advance.

Comments

• Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited April 13
    wolfstuff wrote: »

The way I look at it is the same way I look at people going all out for events, titles, etc.

If you are dumb, rich, and/or addicted enough to spend hundreds of dollars for a new hero or rune in a game where 80+ heroes each need 5 runes, knowing full well that all PvE content is incredibly easy and all PvP content is virtually unloseable (so there is no advantage to gain from the spending)...you should be simultaneously thanked for supporting the game for the rest of us and pitied for having somehow talked yourself into doing it. Either way, not the dev’s fault.

I realize that’s insulting to a bunch in my guild and various Line chats, but I stand by it :)
    Post edited by Skip_Holmes on
  • wolfstuff wrote: »

They way I look at is the same way I look at people going all out for events, titles, etc.

If you are dumb, rich, and/or addicted enough to spend hundreds of dollars for a new hero or rune in a game where 80+ heroes each need 5 runes, knowing full well that all PvE content is incredibly easy and all PvP content is virtually unloseable (so there is no advantage to gain from the spending)...you should be simultaneously thanked for supporting the game for the rest of us and pitied for having somehow talked yourself into doing it. Either way, not the dev’s fault.

I realize that’s insulting to a bunch in my guild and various Line chats, but I stand by it :)

Here here
  • danacdanac Member

They way I look at is the same way I look at people going all out for events, titles, etc.

Here here

are you applauding him insulting folks, or the original point?
  • danac wrote: »

Here here

are you applauding him insulting folks, or the original point?

Both really
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    Nail on the head. I expressed the same sentiment in the Summit Logs thread. This game's meta is entirely governed by power creep at this point, and the devs have shown they're okay with that. Legendary hero on 70%+ of all teams? Have no fear! A new legendary counter is here!

I was quite surprised by how Summit Chat took that response. No one contested that
    1) That vague answer with a winking face says nothing about your plans for Solaris.
    2) That's a horrible solution to the problem.

I didn't even think about how dishonest it was for them to keep running "Get 6* Solaris!" events (as recently as last week, right?) with the plan to release a hard-counter.

And, to the people who whine at the hint of any hero nerfing because it "devalues the investment you made in that hero," please tell me how releasing a hard-counter hero like this doesn't also cause the same effect, but in a more back-handed way.