Bulwark runes...

Is it even worth it to invest at all in defense these days? With all these Agnons creeping out of the woodwork, it feels like putting even a rare improved bulwark rune sentences your hero to death by gravity.

Damage resistance had it’s run, then everybody flocked to defense, the Agnon was created... perhaps it’s the Life Rune’s chance to shine eh?

Comments

• L0rdL33t wrote: »
    Is it even worth it to invest at all in defense these days? With all these Agnons creeping out of the woodwork, it feels like putting even a rare improved bulwark rune sentences your hero to death by gravity.

Damage resistance had it’s run, then everybody flocked to defense, the Agnon was created... perhaps it’s the Life Rune’s chance to shine eh?

one team isn't important, i have lots of defense runes on my team, my jabbers attack and defense is 5k+!! and my attack winrate is over 80%!
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...

one team isn't important, i have lots of defense runes on my team, my jabbers attack and defense is 5k+!! and my attack winrate is over 80%!

Hmm I see I see. Do you just avoid agnon like the plague in Pvp? Do you have lots of defense stat investment on your defense team? How do you deal with Agnon in the tower?

Not trying to be antagonistic, just genuinely curious
    L0rdL33t wrote: »

Hmm I see I see. Do you just avoid agnon like the plague in Pvp? Do you have lots of defense stat investment on your defense team? How do you deal with Agnon in the tower?

Not trying to be antagonistic, just genuinely curious

nah i kinda oneshot him, and it depends on the matchup, its really hard to do it when goretusk and someother person thats defensive is on the team like solaris and shade, that matchup is i would say a 20% chance of victory, if it is some flying team 80% winrate, use shikate on the team to grant your team haste which can be extremely good for me because thats 20% more chance my heroes live, but if he dies my bovus gets 2 attacks anyway, hopefully landing an epic

But to answer your question no i do not avoid him like the plague... unless there is a goretusk on that team with solaris! (I am totally fine with solaris without, but goretusk will usually make my heroes counter attack, get slowed, then its game over because i don't get my serious head start i need to win.
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • echonapechonap Member
    Agnon is just one hero. And only his first ability scales with defense. And it is single target. Bulwark are still the best defensive runes. However, I like to mix in 1 or 2 DR runes and some life. Since the combat revamp, it makes much more sense to spread out your stats across the three due to diminishing returns.
    and my attack winrate is over 80%!

lol, are you seriously showing off an 80% win rate? that means, on average, you lose your win streak at 3-4 raids.

• toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited April 25
    echonap wrote: »
    Agnon is just one hero. And only his first ability scales with defense. And it is single target. Bulwark are still the best defensive runes. However, I like to mix in 1 or 2 DR runes and some life. Since the combat revamp, it makes much more sense to spread out your stats across the three due to diminishing returns.
    and my attack winrate is over 80%!

lol, are you seriously showing off an 80% win rate? that means, on average, you lose your win streak at 3-4 raids.

No I mean I have a 20% chance to lose in the case he kills my bovus, and or shikate...also my win rate is higher now, also not 80% in general, just 80% against that team... Also my win streak usually ends at 7+...