Hero Spotlight: Drakk the Warlord

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited April 25 in General Discussion
juf5rs14uybe.png

Background:
Drakk let out a mighty warcry, letting his rage begin to stir. He grinned fiercely as many of his brethren took up the call, and gazed down at the village in the valley below. It was time to show this new land his might as Warlord. This “Boss of Darkness,” as the shadowy figure called itself, may have struck a deal for Drakk’s help in taking over this land, but Drakk had no intention of honoring that deal. His barbarian horde would do as he pleased, and Drakk would not be controlled. He pointed, and the barbarians charged forth into battle.

Most Hated Hero: Koros. It's not that he's scared of him or nuffin. Koros tends to take the fight out of his friends. That's it.

Element: Nature: +25% bonus against WATER enemies and -25% against FIRE enemies.

Tags: Legendary Barbarian Warrior

Traits:
  • ARMORED – Takes less damage from Physical Attacks.
  • RAGE – Rage is a new passive that all Barbarian heroes have. It is a stacking ability that increases every time a Barbarian is hit, and increases when using certain abilities. Rage doesn't do anything on it's own, but it impacts many passives and abilities that Barbarians have. Rage has a maximum of five stacks, cannot be stolen (you can't really steal an emotional state), and resets when heroes enter a new room in a dungeon.

Abilities and Ascensions:
  • PILLAGE! - Melee physical attack and all allies attack random enemies, with a chance to steal buffs on hit. The number of buffs that can be stolen increases with each stack of Rage that Drakk has.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Dark Evo Monarch: 45
  • Nature Evo Monarch: 45
  • Fire Evo: 20
  • Bushido Evo: 4

NEW Trait!
  • YOU DARE CHALLENGE ME?! – Ignores Taunt and deals extra damage to taunting enemies.

NEW Ability!
  • WOUNDING CLEAVE – Armor-piercing melee physical attack on target enemy with a chance to Wound and does additional hits on random enemies for each stack of Rage he has.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Nature Evo Monarch: 45
  • Subterranean Evo: 6
  • Brawny Evo: 8
  • Diamond Evo: 4

NEW Traits!
  • RAGE REVENGE: Chance to do a revenge attack after being hit, and does additional hits during his revenge attack equal to the stacks of Rage he has.
  • INDOMITABLE WILL: All Barbarians gain 15% damage reduction per stack of Rage that hero has.
  • UNBRIDLED RAGE: Allied Barbarians are immune to Fear and if they would die, will avoid death for one turn. Avoiding death only occurs once per dungeon. If a Barbarian is saved by Unbridled Rage and then gains health, they will not be saved again.

NEW Ability!
  • CHALLENGE – Challenges an enemy to a battle. The targeted enemy does a basic attack against Drakk, and then Drakk hits them back, dealing additional damage equal to the damage he took, plus an additional 20% for each stack of Rage he has.
Post edited by DB_Dillon on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• OOOOO!!! Unbridled Rage seems like the meta passive here. But how exactly does he counter Solaris teams?

On a side note it would be horrifying to see this dude with growth.
  • Also, is it intended that his final ascension requires... one nature evo?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Typo, changed, my bad. I had a lot of stuff to type up :tongue:
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • SeasideStormSeasideStorm Member
    edited April 25
    @Deathrift_ Cheapest final ascension ever!

Also Ignus removes corpses.
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • Cool to see that Drakk is represented by that model. :)
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • I totally thought of a lot about this hero #nailedIt... Glad they used the rage passive tho XD can't wait to use him
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Barbarian teams incoming :D
  • He looks actually sick though :o
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Whoever called that he was going to be that death-knight looking guy from the poster art, you win!

...What do you win? Uhh, our undying affection?
  • Whoever called that he was going to be that death-knight looking guy from the poster art, you win!

Aww thank you I am so glad to finally win... I love the barbs, but I think that the only one that is truly good right now is ignus... now maybe I just need the new one to make the others even close to viable XD but idk I mean I might use abagail for defense because I still battle teams that can one shot like grog and such... also why is it that Koros can purge ignus rage??
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
    edited April 25
    @Joel It seems Abigail's Dogs of War isn't triggering Balog's Cry Havoc, but his Cry Havoc triggers her Dogs of War just fine. Also, I don't know if this matters, but when I used Abigail's DoW, I can confirm Balog's Cry Havoc was charged and ready.

...But I don't remember if he was Silenced or not at the time. I can test further.
  • @Joel It seems Abigail's Dogs of War isn't triggering Balog's Cry Havoc, but his Cry Havoc triggers her Dogs of War just fine.

Was she at 4 stacks of rage? For some strange reason hers only works if she got 4 rage...
  • Wait, indomitable will is actually over powered
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice
  • toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited April 25
    Adverb007 wrote: »
    Wait, indomitable will is actually over powered

Trust me it is, at max stacks of rage it is bascially a shade life link except no reflect or stealing of buffs... my problem is I need the Evos to get this stuff XD
  • My prediction for the newest meta team which will leave the whole world salty-lily,Solaris,ignus, and draxx (idk if they replace lily for Balog or abagail...
  • Another day, Another PTW... (as a disclaimer in game said that V.I.P 10's would get drakk whilst other players who are not V.I.P 10 get left in the dust.)
    Total Zomminionation.
  • Another day, Another PTW... (as a disclaimer in game said that V.I.P 10's would get drakk whilst other players who are not V.I.P 10 get left in the dust.)
    Not really. Many ftp will have 5 star drakk before the event is over. Getting a 10-token unlock a day early is a meager acknowledgment to those that are funding the game.
  • @Joel It seems Abigail's Dogs of War isn't triggering Balog's Cry Havoc, but his Cry Havoc triggers her Dogs of War just fine.

Was she at 4 stacks of rage? For some strange reason hers only works if she got 4 rage...

The strange reason is that that's how they built it. It's in her Dogs of War ability description.

• danacdanac Member
    Whoever called that he was going to be that death-knight looking guy from the poster art, you win!

Zombie love?
  • Mati01Mati01 Member
    I got 10 Drakk tokens with my random token event that is featured in the beginning of every week :D
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited April 26
    What I'm wondering is where the healing will come from? Am I missing the group healing ability or passive on one of these four barbarians?

I've been running Abigail, Balog and Ignus with Ember or Yasmin as a healer, with a rag-tag bunch of runes pillaged to power them up, and they managed to clear every Boss Island dungeon multiple times. It's nice to see three heroes I've barely used get an airing, but what happens when I replace the healer with Drakk?
    Post edited by Barleyman on
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    What I'm wondering is where the healing will come from? Am I missing the group healing ability or passive on one of these four barbarians?

I've been running Abigail, Balog and Ignus with Aria or Yasmin as a healer, with a rag-tag bunch of runes pillaged to power them up, and they managed to clear every Boss Island dungeon multiple times. It's nice to see three heroes I've barely used get an airing, but what happens when I replace the healer with Drakk?

lifesteal,solaris XD i mean cough cough Don't use solaris on this team, you might get some serious hating in chat ignus+Lifesteal runes+burning AOE=Masterpiece
    Another day, Another PTW... (as a disclaimer in game said that V.I.P 10's would get drakk whilst other players who are not V.I.P 10 get left in the dust.)

God forbid people who paid $1000 or more get some type of recognition for it.

I’m kinda upset they don’t do more, honestly. A free 2* unlock would’ve been better suited for VIP 10 if you ask me, then maybe VIP 5 could get him at 1*.
  • danacdanac Member
    Another day, Another PTW... (as a disclaimer in game said that V.I.P 10's would get drakk whilst other players who are not V.I.P 10 get left in the dust.)

I’m kinda upset they don’t do more, honestly. A free 2* unlock would’ve been better suited for VIP 10 if you ask me, then maybe VIP 5 could get him at 1*.

If event is like previous, then you'll have to pay to 6* Draxx.
    danac wrote: »

Just saying that VIP’s should get something. Guess that’s a radical idea to some people - And I’d wager those people don’t have a high VIP rank.

But also, you don’t need 6* Draxx to win. He has counters, and a 4 or 5* Draxx can probably get the job done pretty well, too. You should have to pay to get him 6* in one event.
    You can probably get him 6* eventually for free after enough events have gone by, so you’re really just paying for convenience and instant gratification rather than having to actually have patience.
  • danac wrote: »

Don't spread these lies, you easily get a 3 star hero, 4star if nothing interesting is in shop

Now there's a problem solved right there.
    Total Zomminionation.
    danac wrote: »

Don't spread these lies, you easily get a 3 star hero, 4star if nothing interesting is in shop

What... is the lie? Your “counterpoint” is totally unrelated to what they said. Yes you can maybe get him 3 or 4* for free, but to get him 6* you will have to pay.

I don’t understand your argument.
  • danac wrote: »

What... is the lie? Your “counterpoint” is totally unrelated to what they said. Yes you can maybe get him 3 or 4* for free, but to get him 6* you will have to pay.

I don’t understand your argument.

oh... I thought he was saying you have to buy him or nothing, and its possible to 6 star him, it will take probably 4-5 months, or if you got the aethar you can do it.