Hero Spotlight: Drakk the Warlord

2»

Comments

• Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    Call me crazy but this hero doesn't interest me and I can't pay to 5 or 6 star them so he's not going to be very useful for me, but my dark team and random fav heroes thrown in seems to beat everything. Way to kill all defense though xD I'm sure now people won't look at my defense anymore and say "omg no, screw that" *fights easier opponent with less trophies* People putting mostly atk runes on all 4 of these heroes are going to destroy everything.
  • Call me crazy but this hero doesn't interest me and I can't pay to 5 or 6 star them so he's not going to be very useful for me, but my dark team and random fav heroes thrown in seems to beat everything. Way to kill all defense though xD I'm sure now people won't look at my defense anymore and say "omg no, screw that" *fights easier opponent with less trophies* People putting mostly atk runes on all 4 of these heroes are going to destroy everything.

and lifesteal runes, with solaris!!

#TormentNevaEnds
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    Barleyman wrote: »
    What I'm wondering is where the healing will come from? Am I missing the group healing ability or passive on one of these four barbarians?

I've been running Abigail, Balog and Ignus with Aria or Yasmin as a healer, with a rag-tag bunch of runes pillaged to power them up, and they managed to clear every Boss Island dungeon multiple times. It's nice to see three heroes I've barely used get an airing, but what happens when I replace the healer with Drakk?

Drakk's Unbridled Rage passive is the stand-in for healing on a full Barbarian team. Once per battle, when they would otherwise die, they get a buff that makes them stay at 1 hp and become unlillable for the rest of the round (unless the buff is removed by the other team).
  • ScoutYo wrote: »
    Barleyman wrote: »
    What I'm wondering is where the healing will come from? Am I missing the group healing ability or passive on one of these four barbarians?

I've been running Abigail, Balog and Ignus with Aria or Yasmin as a healer, with a rag-tag bunch of runes pillaged to power them up, and they managed to clear every Boss Island dungeon multiple times. It's nice to see three heroes I've barely used get an airing, but what happens when I replace the healer with Drakk?

Drakk's Unbridled Rage passive is the stand-in for healing on a full Barbarian team. Once per battle, when they would otherwise die, they get a buff that makes them stay at 1 hp and become unlillable for the rest of the round (unless the buff is removed by the other team).

Solaris to replace one of them ( I choose to replace balog because I never liked him a lot, even with this buff he feels clunky)

Or just rune them with 1-3 runes that grant lifesteal for fun times (I did it like that for ignus because of how many attacks are now done by maniacle
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 26
    Not every team needs a Healer. The Monster team is pretty strong without one.

Although yeah, like said above, just replace one out for Solaris and you’re usually good to go.
  • Why replace Balog? He's literally one of the most important heroes in the barb team @toothlessmon . Unless you don't have him FA, you're kinda hurting your team by leaving out Balog, who's special can wipe out entire teams, and silence them for 2 rounds, and even trigger a followup special with Abigail. He gives his barbs 20% more attack for each stack of rage, meaning at 5 rage they'd have 2x more attack. If anyone isn't needed it would be Ingus, he's good in all but if there is more than 1 water hero I'll leave him out.

Just have at least 1 rune with lifesteal for each member and you're pretty good to go. I cant use Drakk right now since im surprisingly low on resources, but when I can FA him i'll be running a 4.5k-5k rune power barb team.
  • toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited April 27
    Deathrift_ wrote: »
    Why replace Balog? He's literally one of the most important heroes in the barb team @toothlessmon . Unless you don't have him FA, you're kinda hurting your team by leaving out Balog, who's special can wipe out entire teams, and silence them for 2 rounds, and even trigger a followup special with Abigail. He gives his barbs 20% more attack for each stack of rage, meaning at 5 rage they'd have 2x more attack. If anyone isn't needed it would be Ingus, he's good in all but if there is more than 1 water hero I'll leave him out.

Just have at least 1 rune with lifesteal for each member and you're pretty good to go. I cant use Drakk right now since im surprisingly low on resources, but when I can FA him i'll be running a 4.5k-5k rune power barb team.

Same man, I am going to add some defensive runes as well so my barb invincible doesn't proc turn one, also it buys my team some time, but my defensive runes will be vampiric for lifesteal... I just need a southern evo, 8 brawniest and a couple of green monarchs and I am good to go, out of pvp resources tho because those pvp resources can only take you so far. Waiting for next evo day to go for the evos... Also the reason why I feel ignus is good is because he can destroy undead teams in a blink, now maybe I just need to tune those too and they are better then I think, also I don't have balog fully ascended, he requires me another 8 brawniest and that's to much for me to hunt ATM, I actually think he is really good, I just don't know if I have the resources to make him good, my ignus was already fully ascended, runed so he was ready to go. I might try Abigail with runes sometime with balog when I get him to a good point in levels and stuff

Honestly my Abigail and my balog are kinda trashy, idk if I can run them both for a long time, but I can easily just run some kind of barb beast hybrid team, got some goo beasts, I wonder who will take the forth spot tho either A. Jabber B.bovus C.lily or D. Shikate
    edited April 27
    Good** fourth*** man I hate this tablets auto correct sometimes
  • Adverb007 wrote: »
    Wait, indomitable will is actually over powered

Trust me it is, at max stacks of rage it is bascially a shade life link except no reflect or stealing of buffs... my problem is I need the Evos to get this stuff XD

I never really thought about that... I guess I always took damage reduction for granted/never looked at the reduction percentage.
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice
    edited April 27
    I onLy need those Stupid Brawney EVOS!!! (Starts crying hysterically)
  • Craft them, easier than farming for them.
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • i have been, But i am out of resources, I have crafted 5 out of the 8 i need, and i need like 42 green monarchs (Technically I actually need 82 but...)

I don't have any way of getting more because i am out of pvp tokens, and i only have like 20 tower of PWN tokens, and i am using those to buy energy every day.
  • Yeah I need some more Monarchs too after crafting all the evos i needed. :/
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    Yeah I need some more Monarchs too after crafting all the evos i needed. :/

you have ALL of the celestials required to 2nd ascend drakk? although this feels a little crazy... kinda like the grind for solaris evos XD
  • It is a grind :/
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    It is a grind :/

Well idk why but some evos don't ever fall for me and some drop like 60% of the time, brawny evos are one of those evos :lol: I have had to craft everyone of these evos, i need like 60 more green monarchs and then i am done!
  • Well there are two types of evos, rare and super rare.
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • yeah, but brawny is a rare, and is it me or has drop rates gone down a lot, I mean a month ago i would get at least one every 100-300 energy spent now i don't even get any from 500+!!!

Trust me it is, at max stacks of rage it is bascially a shade life link except no reflect or stealing of buffs...

You've never seen level 70 Shade..... 100 freakin percent reflect with a possess instantly after along with being fast means you have to kill him first turn...

Trust me it is, at max stacks of rage it is bascially a shade life link except no reflect or stealing of buffs...

You've never seen level 70 Shade..... 100 freakin percent reflect with a possess instantly after along with being fast means you have to kill him first turn...

I know... And I can now with my drakk, All I need to do is pillage him and boom, also I can pillage life link because it automatically purges it.
  • L0rdL33tL0rdL33t Member
    Heh. This guy is fun! Liking him a lot even at 2 stars!

I know... And I can now with my drakk, All I need to do is pillage him and boom, also I can pillage life link because it automatically purges it.

won't that damage you still? only koros purges before he attacks
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Adverb007 wrote: »

Not necessarily. Some heroes can purge debuffs early on. I like to bring Zen/Agnon/Solaris/Ferno. If a Shade links to any of them, I can just use Zen’s Safe Haven.

Not necessarily. Some heroes can purge debuffs early on. I like to bring Zen/Agnon/Solaris/Ferno. If a Shade links to any of them, I can just use Zen’s Safe Haven.

Either way, you still have to kill him first turn or wait.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Adverb007 wrote: »

won't that damage you still? only koros purges before he attacks

Several heroes purge before they attack, Solaris (on a Snow Day) and Viperia are two more.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Anyone else think unascended drakk looks cooler than ascended? Love the black hoodie look. Wish I could select that as his skin.
  • Nah... I was disappointed when I got him and he had a face. I do wish we could view older ascensions for our heroes though... I want baby Ekko and Hoodie Brom back.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Call me crazy but this hero doesn't interest me and I can't pay to 5 or 6 star them so he's not going to be very useful for me, but my dark team and random fav heroes thrown in seems to beat everything. Way to kill all defense though xD I'm sure now people won't look at my defense anymore and say "omg no, screw that" *fights easier opponent with less trophies* People putting mostly atk runes on all 4 of these heroes are going to destroy everything.

You don't have to pay to get Drakk to 5*, just open all the doors with silver keys barring three with gold (one with gems, one with tickets, and I think they gave us a gold key to start), and be in a decent guild that gets 50 or 60 Drakk tokens at the end, plus run the Drakk token dungeon.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this event, an interesting new hero and three old heroes refreshed into actually being useful. A good number of guilds making 1st or 2nd tier rewards.

My favorite moment (so far), watching a replay of my Balog and an attacking Balog shouting each other to death, with bodies all around them. Especially as I won that defense.
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    My favorite moment (so far), watching a replay of my Balog and an attacking Balog shouting each other to death, with bodies all around them. Especially as I won that defense.

I think Balog is my new favorite character after the update!
    Balog with 4 rage on bull rush is a scary sight, especially with buffed attack after Abi’s furious charge
  • Barleyman wrote: »

I think Balog is my new favorite character after the update!
    Balog with 4 rage on bull rush is a scary sight, especially with buffed attack after Abi’s furious charge

I would have to agree... He went from being one of the worst hero's to one of the best!
2»