Patch Notes: April 25th, 2018 [Meet the Barbarians!]

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited April 26 in Patch Notes
BARBARIANS! YAAAAAY!!

You can read all about Drakk the Warlord, our new legendary Barbarian HERE

RAGE:
  • Rage is a new passive that all Barbarian heroes have. It is a stacking ability that increases every time a Barbarian is hit, and increases when using certain abilities. Rage doesn't do anything on it's own, but it impacts many passives and abilities that Barbarians have. Rage has a maximum of five stacks, cannot be stolen (you can't really steal an emotional state), and resets when heroes enter a new room in a dungeon.

Abigail The Brutal:
  • Increased attack, defense, health, and skill.
  • Abigail is now a Rogue.
  • The cooldown for Furious Charge has been reduced from 8 to 4.
  • Furious Charge now adds a stack of rage to all allied Barbarians after the attack finishes.
  • Abigail's Skull Cracker ability has been Replaced with Dogs of War. Dogs of War allows Abigail to attack a random enemy twice. Then, for each stack of Rage Abigail has, a different ally will attack a random enemy twice. No ally will get more than one set of attacks, meaning the ability is at its most powerful when Abigail has three stacks of Rage. However, at 4 stacks or Rage, if Balog is on your team, he will use his Cry Havoc ability. What's Cry Havok? Keep reading to find out!
  • Abigail's Rampage ability is now Rage Cage. Rage Cage allows Abigail to do a physical attack on a targeted enemy, and then an attack on a random enemy. Then, for each stack of Rage Abigail has, she will do another attack on a random enemy, meaning this ability can do up to seven hits in total!
  • Abigail now has the Rage passive
  • Abigail now gets the Fast passive at her final ascension.
  • Abigail now gets the Toughen Up passive at her final ascension, which gives allied Barbarians the DEF UP buff whenever they gain a stack of Rage.

Balog THE LOUD:
  • Every other Barbarian already had "the SOMETHING" in their name, and we didn't want Balog to feel left out! And what better title for the boisterous Barbarian than "the Loud"?
  • Increased defense, health, and skill.
  • Balog's Thunder Shout ability is now Cry Havoc. Cry Havoc allows Balog to do a ranged spirit attack that provokes the targeted enemy and silences all enemies. This attack does 10% more damage for each stack of Rage he has. If he's on a team with Abigail, she will use her Dogs of War ability. NOTE: Balog will NOT use Cry Havoc after Abigail uses Dogs of War if it was triggered from this attack and vice versa. No infinite loops here.
  • Bull Rush now attacks an additional random enemy for every stack of Rage Balog has.
  • Balog no longer has the Frenzy passive.
  • Balog now has the Rage passive.
  • Balog now has the Barbarian Assault passive after being ascended once, which makes allied Barbarians deal 20% extra damage for each stack of Rage.
  • Balog's Mute passive now works when on a team with Drakk instead of when he's on a team with Pontifex.

Ignus the Mad (Note from Joel: It was really fun watching all of you guess the last Barbarian, and kind of hilarious how few of you considered Ignus):
  • Increased attack, defense, and health.
  • Decreased skill.
  • Ignus' Wall of Fire ability is now Fire Nova. Fire Nova deals Fire damage to all enemies and gives allies Burning Touch (a chance to burn on all attacks for 3 Turns). The more stacks of Rage Ignus has when using this ability will increase the chance for Burning Touch to activate. NOTE: Rage will NOT impact the odds for Burning Touch working if it is provided sources other than Fire Nova.
  • The cooldown for Heist has been reduced from 6 to 3, and it now provides an additional energy to allies for each stack of Rage that Ignus has.
  • Ignus' Volcanic Shards is now Incinerate. Incinerate does a ranged Fire attack on a targeted enemy with a chance to burn, and removes the target's corpse if they die from the attack. This attack does 20% more damage for each stack of Rage Ignus has.
  • Ignus no longer has the Pyromaniac passive. (See Fire Power)
  • Ignus no longer has the Fire Immune passive. (See Fire Power)
  • Ignus no longer has the Fire Crusade passive.
  • Ignus now has the Rage passive.
  • Ignus now gets the Maniacal passive after being ascended once, and the passive has been functionally changed to allow Ignus to attack anytime an enemy becomes Burned.
  • Ignus now gets the Fire Power passive after being ascended once, which makes him Fire Immune, and Fire allies deal boosted damage to Burning targets.
  • Ignus now gets the Burning Mad passive after being ascended twice, which allows allied Barbarians to gain a stack of Rage when they deal damage to Burned enemies.

Other Changes:
  • Fixed an issue that allowed Hansuke's Parry to do a retaliation attack against monsters when IGOROK is on the enemy team, despite the Monstrous Presence passive.
  • Fixed the description of Nimriel's Get Over Here ability to indicate that enemies have a decreased chance to hit when Dazed by the ability. The ability has always worked properly, but the description numbers were displaying incorrectly.
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Why am I drooling...
  • That's a lot of changes...
  • BlothBloth Member
    Ignus is more a Wizard/Caster, than a Barbarian. Bovus would probably have been the better fit. Has the look.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited April 25
    Joel wrote: »
    (Note from Joel: It was really fun watching all of you guess the last Barbarian, and kind of hilarious how few of you considered Ignus)

Because Barbarians/Magic don't really mix.
    Hence why almost no one mentioned Ignus.

PS - I stand corrected, darn you D&D lol.
  • Bloth wrote: »
    Ignus is more a Wizard/Caster, than a Barbarian. Bovus would probably have been the better fit. Has the look.

Are you implying a caster can't be barbaric?

That's just classist.

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/172853/Barbarian-Spellcasters--Primal-Path-5e

Check out this Dungeons and Dragons expansion with exactly a Barbarian Caster!
  • Because ironicly under that cloak ingus is a extremely muscular man.

Besides, he's mad
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    That would be so cool is Dungeon boss came out with a board game like D&D, i would definitely play it
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • WilbeanWilbean Member
    Joel wrote: »
    (Note from Joel: It was really fun watching all of you guess the last Barbarian, and kind of hilarious how few of you considered Ignus):

While I'm sad it wasn't Bovus, I don't mind Ignus, and I'm glad we gave you some small level of fun with our discussions. All in all, it was much better than the complaint-fests we often see here. And I'm looking forward to getting the new hero (tomorrow!) and seeing how all this works in practice, especially the buffed Abigail.

Wilbean
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    i didn't expect ignus but not because people don't expect barbs to be casters. you could make one of these in diablo 2 that used gear with high cast rate so you could spam warcry, slowly building dps and making the enemies immobile by stunning them constantly :P
  • BlothBloth Member
    What ?
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    @Joel Solaris is now starting with one stack of From the Ashes in PvP. She still starts with three in PvE. The passive's description is unchanged and still says she begins battles able to self-rez.

kk99rlc4bdu5.png

Is this intended? If so, have there been other undocumented changes? Are there more patch notes coming?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Wizards can absolutely be barbarians. They may be full of rage, but they're not dumb. They understand having a magical ally on their side is a good strategy. :smile:
    Also, @Joel, Abigail's 'Toughen Up' passive says 'buffs ALL ALLIES' Defense' in game, shouldn't it just say 'buffs all BARBARIAN allies' Defense'?
    itj2zzbzlcl6.png

First Leo’s tail, now Ignus’ crystal? Will the Random Things From Skins Theif never be stopped?
  • When was materials added to the Pwn shop?
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
    Happy to share my knowledge with anyone that listens
    GingeNinja wrote: »
    When was materials added to the Pwn shop?

I don't currently see any, do you mean the Aether Shop? That was quite some time ago.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    These changes are all live now, and we've sent a few Drakk tokens to VIP
    ScoutYo wrote: »
    @Joel Solaris is now starting with one stack of From the Ashes in PvP. She still starts with three in PvE. The passive's description is unchanged and still says she begins battles able to self-rez.

Is this intended? If so, have there been other undocumented changes? Are there more patch notes coming?

This is not intended. We're working on a fix.
    Also, @Joel, Abigail's 'Toughen Up' passive says 'buffs ALL ALLIES' Defense' in game, shouldn't it just say 'buffs all BARBARIAN allies' Defense'?

It says "allies gain DEF UP when *they* gain Rage". Only Barbarians can gain Rage. That said, I can see how that might be unclear, I'll talk with the team about clarifying the description.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • MonkeynutsMonkeynuts Member
    edited April 25
    Drocas wrote: »
    That would be so cool is Dungeon boss came out with a board game like D&D, i would definitely play it

You should do a Kickstarter campaign...
  • Finally ignus has been buffed... I was sad that they nerfed the pyromaniac ability by .5x, but hey they made up for it with this crazy awesome buff to him.... Idk if the other 2 are good enough without new hero, but we will see, In the mean time I will experiment with ignus and let someone else find the uses for those too.... btw I sudgest somebody tries ignus with life steak on a team with Solaris... its kinda crazy against undead teams, my only fear is that he might not be able to light enemies on fire in time for his whole burn to work...

Edit: abagail is good for the defense buff, still don’t know if they can be a counter to the all mighty Solaris, but I’m sure they can co7nter everything else... except shade and flying XDso basically no Meta counters
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Who cares about pyromaniac, this dude is a monster. Balog is too, silencing the enemy team for about 2 rounds, and one shotting the glass cannons. He does VERY well with Abigail.
    Deathrift_ wrote: »
    Who cares about pyromaniac, this dude is a monster. Balog is too, silencing the enemy team for about 2 rounds, and one shotting the glass cannons. He does VERY well with Abigail.

Why do I always read your posts in this loud, angry voice?

...Are you a Barbarian too? :open_mouth:
  • Deathrift_ wrote: »
    Who cares about pyromaniac, this dude is a monster. Balog is too, silencing the enemy team for about 2 rounds, and one shotting the glass cannons. He does VERY well with Abigail.

Sorry man... idk how I can’t win with him, does he need final assencian to be good? Also I never said that the new hero is bad, I don’t have him, I think he is what I need to make my ignus truly shine...
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • itj2zzbzlcl6.png

First Leo’s tail, now Ignus’ crystal? Will the Random Things From Skins Theif never be stopped?

Maybe devs made it into a sword/cane?
  • Do Barbarians do more damage if I increase the volume of my phone?
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
    itj2zzbzlcl6.png

Maybe devs made it into a sword/cane?

Looks more like a crutch that way - and he's using it wrong.
  • GingeNinjaGingeNinja Member
    edited April 26
    PLEASE PLEASE DONT TAKE IT AWAY @Joel
    This was an amazing additionywbx0n0koe6y.png
    ggzgxrrmtpz3.png
    On a side note- aren’t barbs just better goblins? It feels like it
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
    Happy to share my knowledge with anyone that listens
  • Hmm, thanks for showing us that, @GingeNinja Definitely interesting. :open_mouth:
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • danacdanac Member

Why do I always read your posts in this loud, angry voice?

Why are you always reading his posts aloud?
  • GingeNinja wrote: »
    ggzgxrrmtpz3.png

I am not seeing this in my pwn shop :(
  • GingeNinja wrote: »
    ggzgxrrmtpz3.png

i don't have any of that neat stuff in shop, why do you guys get so much more stuff then me :bawling:

also how is ignus like a goblin, i mean none of them steal buffs, burn corpses, gain team energy better than ecco even though thats his reason of usage, when on a team with drakk allies that attack a burning enemy gain 15% damage reduction, gives red allies pyromaniac, attacks enemies when burns are applied to them, if anything he is a mix of zom,pignus,lupina, the new hero, solaris, and jabber... No powercreep at the happenings at all

#PowaCreepinReal