If there’s a Barbarian family, how about Ninja?

edited April 26 in Feedback & Suggestions
Barbarian is probably one of the first families of Dungeon Boss that doesn’t categorize heroes in a race or species (example: Barbarians aren’t their own species, like goblins or dragons, but they have a title and are just known for being furious.) I think another family could be Ninja. We can make heroes like Shadowblade, Black Diamond, and Masuta Kira ninjas, and perhaps make Aria a Ninja too, and a possibly rework with her that gives her Ninja synergies.
Post edited by AlbinoSqueegee on
Current Level: 70
Proud Member of the Potato Family
"We should have more tags."
Favorite Hero: Bauble

Comments

• White Diamond! Who's that!? :D
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    White Diamond! Who's that!? :D

Oops, meant Black Diamond.
  • Add sifu and yoko to the family and call it Martial Artists.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I really would like all the Asian culture-inspired heroes to have a group together. I would’ve said no to it a week ago, but now that Barbarians exist, which are essentially all Nordic/Scottish-inspired heroes, I’d say it’s a possibility.
    Perhaps instead of ‘Ninja’ we call them ‘Fighters’ or ‘Zhû’ (Master in Chinese)? That way heroes like Takumi and Yoko would be included.

My only concern is what to do with Hansuke? Could he be two families at once? They clearly didn’t want any of the Barbarians to be in two families.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
    Oh! Oh! And you remember that Boss that was going to be part of the board game? The lady with the 6 blades or whatever she had? She could be the legendary leader of the group!
  • I really would like all the Asian culture-inspired heroes to have a group together. I would’ve said no to it a week ago, but now that Barbarians exist, which are essentially all Nordic/Scottish-inspired heroes, I’d say it’s a possibility.
    Perhaps instead of ‘Ninja’ we call them ‘Fighters’ or ‘Zhû’ (Master in Chinese)? That way heroes like Takumi and Yoko would be included.

My only concern is what to do with Hansuke? Could he be two families at once? They clearly didn’t want any of the Barbarians to be in two families.

Zhû Sounds cool! Perhaps they can share the Wushu and Weak Spot traits, since it kinda matches their professionalism at their fighting arts. Or, a passive that combines Wushu and Weak Spot.

• Grab your pens and paintbrushes lads! We’re making Zhû’s!
    Hmm.. Perhaps all families could eventually get a trait. Dwarves have Resolute Stance. Elves have Elven Grace (or was it Cunning? Whatever). Beasts have Pack Tactics. Undead have The Undead Scourge.

Zhû could all have ‘Wushu-jitsu’, which prevents them from being hit by Critical Hits, deal 50% more damage with Crits, and gives them a 50% chance to hit enemies twice with basic attacks.

Then remove Wushu from MK and Weak Spot from BD, of course. And in addition, rework all or most of the now Zhû characters, as many of them are pretty weak right now.

For instance, give Takumi a passive that doubles damage against Dazed targets, and give Yoko a passive that doubles his damage against Chilled targets. Give them synergy with each other.
    BD could have a passive where she gains Haste on Crits, and one that lets her deal TRIPLE damage against Tanks (She’s supposed to be an assassin, right? Bigger bulkier targets are dumber and slower, so it’d be easier to find their weak spots).
    Sifu could grant all Zhû allies Regeneration upon getting a kill, and cleanse debuffs every time he dodges. His first ability could also make him Evading for a couple turns.
    Takumi would regain his premise of being a guardian who sacrifices himself for others, but only for Zhû characters.
    Shadowblade doesn’t need as much, I don’t think. Perhaps just a general buff. What if his Shurikens stole energy, in addition to health?
  • Hmm.. Perhaps all families could eventually get a trait. Dwarves have Resolute Stance. Elves have Elven Grace (or was it Cunning? Whatever). Beasts have Pack Tactics. Undead have The Undead Scourge.

Zhû could all have ‘Wushu-jitsu’, which prevents them from being hit by Critical Hits, deal 50% more damage with Crits, and gives them a 50% chance to hit enemies twice with basic attacks.

Then remove Wushu from MK and Weak Spot from BD, of course. And in addition, rework all or most of the now Zhû characters, as many of them are pretty weak right now.

For instance, give Takumi a passive that doubles damage against Dazed targets, and give Yoko a passive that doubles his damage against Chilled targets. Give them synergy with each other.
    BD could have a passive where she gains Haste on Crits, and one that lets her deal TRIPLE damage against Tanks (She’s supposed to be an assassin, right? Bigger bulkier targets are dumber and slower, so it’d be easier to find their weak spots).
    Sifu could grant all Zhû allies Regeneration upon getting a kill, and cleanse debuffs every time he dodges. His first ability could also make him Evading for a couple turns.
    Takumi would regain his premise of being a guardian who sacrifices himself for others, but only for Zhû characters.
    Shadowblade doesn’t need as much, I don’t think. Perhaps just a general buff. What if his Shurikens stole energy, in addition to health?

Maybe Shadowblade can get a revamp of his vampiric shurikens. Since he specializes in single target damage, maybe the revamped shuriken(s) hit only once, but lifesteals, steals energy, and buffs!

Maybe if we made Zhû hero ideas we can inspire the world!
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited April 26
    I really would like all the Asian culture-inspired heroes to have a group together. I would’ve said no to it a week ago, but now that Barbarians exist, which are essentially all Nordic/Scottish-inspired heroes, I’d say it’s a possibility.

I don't see why Hansuke couldn't join in the fun. Grog's already a beast and an ogre so I don't see why Hansuke couldn't be an undead zhû/martial artist/fighter/whatever. Hansuke's a solid character already so he wouldn't need much, if any, tweaking. By the way, does Takumi get the same Kenjutsu trait (parry + counterattack) that Hansuke does? He should do.
  • I was also thinking up a new family- but based around a holy order of some sort. It would be emily , augustus, zen, yoku, takumi and the crew: where they have family revival buffs and extra dmg against all the unholy.

Your ideas are a bit better tho
    GingeNinja wrote: »
    I was also thinking up a new family- but based around a holy order of some sort. It would be emily , augustus, zen, yoku, takumi and the crew: where they have family revival buffs and extra dmg against all the unholy.

Your ideas are a bit better tho

I don’t get how Yoko Zen or Takumi are holy though. Holy is like, usually Christianity. Zen Yoko and Takumi are Asian-inspired, so they likely wouldn’t follow it at all. Zen especially seems to be based on Buddhism.
  • I don’t get how Yoko Zen or Takumi are holy though. Holy is like, usually Christianity. Zen Yoko and Takumi are Asian-inspired, so they likely wouldn’t follow it at all. Zen especially seems to be based on Buddhism.

I mostly put them in the crew because the team would need some veriety other than light healers.... and they seemed like the most likely heros to tag along for the ride. As i said, your family idea is better
  • danacdanac Member
    Grab your pens and paintbrushes lads! We’re making Zhû’s!

I have no clue what hues to paint my zhus.
    Do you?
    danac wrote: »

Do you?

Why, of course you need blues!
  • danac wrote: »

Do you?

Why, of course you need blues!

One Zhû two Zhû, Red Zhû, Blue Zhû!
  • I think Zen would be Holy since he's kinda like a God or something. OFC all the demon hunters would be holy (this includes Asrid) but Sifu doesn't seem holy. Maybe they could be the Zhu family and the Holy/Angelic/Godly whatever team and Zen meets both. Also as seen with Grog, there are hybrid species. There could always be hybrid species/groups like undead(family) and Zhu (group).