Welcome to the Age of Drakk!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
e5icwkqad4sq.png

Our newest hero, Drakk the Warlord is now available to all players, and he's ready to crush his enemies!

The event will look a lot like the release event for Agnon. There will be a hero calendar with doors that can be opened each day with different keys (check out the fancy new key designs!). You'll be able to get bronze keys from each day's quests, and can also buy keys in the shop.

A few important things about this event:
  • This event will involve event tickets. Tickets can be found all over the game, and running dungeons with Barbarian heroes will double the number of tickets you get.
  • There is a guild event associated with the event, similar to the one from Winterfest based on the number of tickets your guild collects. Rewards are based on thresholds, and the rankings are not competitive.
  • If you are in a guild, 50 tickets will be sent to everyone in your guild every time you use a gold key. This is not listed on the door, but you can see who has gotten tickets for your guild by checking the guild chat.
  • You can only open door 1 on day 1. On day 2, you can open door 1 and 2, but can only open door 2 if you've opened door 1. This continues until day 14.
  • On day 14, if you open the last door, they will all reset and you will have the option to open any/all of them again if you so choose, in any order you want.
  • Using gold keys on all 28 doors will allow you to 6-star Drakk AND collect a bonus quest for an Elite Nature Rune!
  • The event shop will be extended at least a day longer than the event itself to give players a chance to spend all their tickets.
  • On Day 13 of the event, we will be giving a free Gold Key to all VIP 10 players, a free silver key to all VIP 5-9 players, and a Bronze key to all VIP 1-4 players.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Andy118Andy118 Member
    You can tell that was copied and pasted @Joel. 6* agnon eh? Lol
  • "Using gold keys on all 28 doors will allow you to 6-star Agnon AND collect a bonus quest for a Dark Elite Rune!"

Drakk
  • It would be a great improvement if we could see the content of each door when they become available not just if we’ve unlocked all previous doors.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Yes, I copy/paste things sometimes for efficiency when I've found phrasing that works, and yes, I missed some changes. Thank you for copy editing me. :)
  • Andy118Andy118 Member
    Your welcome. Lol
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Oh no, the devs copy and paste to save time!! Such evil! Very corruption! Wow!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • extrajossextrajoss Member
    edited April 26
    Firstly, love the idea of barbarians. Lots of furious attacks. Saving 3 Heroes from obscurity. Great stuff.

With the event ticket boost for barbarians will it work if you have just one barbarian on your team? I've completed a few dungeons with abagail and the rewards looked low, but I just got 85 tickets which seems tough to get if she is doubling the ticket amount. b8a6gfm7b7hu.png
    Post edited by extrajoss on
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    Concur with above. Completed a Dungeon with Abagail and finished with a mere 10 tix. Seems abnormally low.
  • Should we be getting notifications after a PVP raid of event tickets earned? I’m not getting any, but I did earn tickets (just 10 for a run with Abigail). Does the number of tickets increase with the amount of barbarians on the team in both PVE and PVP?
  • No notification. You do earn them but historically the number earned is comically low. But decidedly unfunny.
  • SaintSaint Member
    Why am I seeing a $5.99 deal for 100 Drakk tokens, a gold key, 1000 gems on some accounts but not all?
  • Lafoote wrote: »
    Concur with above. Completed a Dungeon with Abagail and finished with a mere 10 tix. Seems abnormally low.

I completed a dungeon with all 4 Barbarians and got 10 tickets. Something is definitely not right.
  • You have to collect the sparkling objects.... like every other event.
  • Tickets, tickets, tickets. Everyone, have some tickets. :*

Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 70
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • Deathrift_ wrote: »
    You have to collect the sparkling objects.... like every other event.

But how do you account for odd ticket numbers if you have a barbarian in your group?
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited April 27
    The ticket doubling is bugged. Save your stamina and hope they fix it before the weekend.
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    @Joel aft a bunch of testing, it looks like a skin is required for 2x tickets in at least some dungeons. Leftover code from previous Hero Calendar events?
  • FlyteFlyte Member
    ScoutYo wrote: »
    @Joel aft a bunch of testing, it looks like a skin is required for 2x tickets in at least some dungeons. Leftover code from previous Hero Calendar events?

We have noticed the same. MANY runs and ZERO incidences of "odd-number" tickets when using a Hero with A SKIN (though we see odds frequently with just barbarians). We are advising our members to use both a skinned hero AND a Barbarian, to cover all bases.
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    If a skin is required on any team member, and having a barbarian is not working to double event tickets, then easiest workaround would be to compensate all players with 1000+ stamina and letting players know about the skin requirement for 2x event tickets.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We're aware of the ticket doubling bug and will have a fix for it soon.
  • wow. just wow.
    Don’t worry, they’ll give us 100 tickets for compensation! Can’t give everyone 5,000 or something, cuz some players haven’t done anything and it wouldn’t be fair. :smile:
  • oredithoredith Member
    that's fun.. -_- gone through several hundred stamina already. just hedging my bets by running costumed and a barb now..

also, anyone else notice that drakk's art has him holding the sword in his left hand, but the actual model has it in his right?
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • @Joel you called it a bug. It wasn’t a bug it was sloppiness.
  • danacdanac Member
    Bug s fixed, no announced compensation.
    I'm of two minds about this: lots of people run a lot of dungeons and only got 50% of the tickets they deserved.

OTOH, it's a 17 day event, so the total amount of tickets being screwed out of is a minor %.

oredith wrote: »
    that's fun.. -_- gone through several hundred stamina already. just hedging my bets by running costumed and a barb now..

also, anyone else notice that drakk's art has him holding the sword in his left hand, but the actual model has it in his right?

Maybe he's ambidextrous! All warlords worth their salt are. :smile:
  • PwnisherPwnisher Member
    edited April 28
    @Joel - Can you explain the collection of Shining Objects (sparkling skull piles) and the net ticket payout at the end of a dungeon run? Several of us are having very questionable results. The biggest head-scratcher for example, is running The Vault with 3 or more barbarians, claiming 3 or more Shining Objects (sparkling skull piles), a silver chest and netting 20 tickets? This tells me Shining Objects can roll a zero despite the animation showing tickets stream outward from the skulls. Response appreciated.

Edited to add "(sparkling skull piles)" because apparently my original post was not clear even with the mention of "tickets stream outward from the skulls". :/
    Post edited by Pwnisher on
    GM - The Underworld Titans
  • Pwnisher wrote: »
    @Joel - Can you explain the collection of Shining Objects and the net ticket payout at the end of a dungeon run? Several of us are having very questionable results. The biggest head-scratcher for example, is running The Vault with 3 or more barbarians, claiming 3 or more Shining Objects, a silver chest and netting 20 tickets? This tells me Shining Objects can roll a zero despite the animation showing tickets stream outward from the skulls. Response appreciated.

(I interpret the current event description and past similar event descriptions to only require one hero to meet the given criteria (skin or barbarian or whatever the event is based on) to grant the double tickets. In the past, having more than one hero that met the criteria didn't seem to generate extra tickets.)

(Also in the past Joel certified that event dungeons tended to give out more tickets than regular dungeons. The theory behind running the vault and other dungeons is that there are more chanes for sparklies....so more sparklies/stamina theoretically, but I found that if I didn't mind burning through stamina twice as fast, I could run medium-higher stam event dungeons and make higher ticket totals. That was just my anecdotal experience and I expect the same thing when the higher stam event dungeons open up later in the event. It may have been more stam/tickets but I was so tired of running the vault and wanted my life back.)
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited April 28
    Pwnisher wrote: »
    @Joel - Can you explain the collection of Shining Objects and the net ticket payout at the end of a dungeon run? Several of us are having very questionable results. The biggest head-scratcher for example, is running The Vault with 3 or more barbarians, claiming 3 or more Shining Objects, a silver chest and netting 20 tickets? This tells me Shining Objects can roll a zero despite the animation showing tickets stream outward from the skulls. Response appreciated.

@Pwnisher to be clear it isn’t sparklies but rather skulls that award tickets. 20 tickets means you didn’t tap any skulls.

The vault should average about 250 tickets per run. Many sub 150 runs coupled with a few 1000+ ticket runs. No barbarian teammates would of course average ~125 tickets per run.

• @Pwnisher to be clear it isn’t sparklies but rather skulls that award tickets. 20 tickets means you didn’t tap any skulls.

The vault should average about 250 tickets per run. Many sub 150 runs coupled with a few 1000+ ticket runs. No barbarian teammates would of course average ~125 tickets per run.

MonkeyHunter. A little credit, please lol. I will update my post to read "sparkling skull piles". I thought having "skulls" in my last sentence would have been clear. In fact, what I wrote was accurate as the event notes state "Shining Objects".
    GM - The Underworld Titans