Patch Notes: April 27th, 2018

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited May 7 in Patch Notes
  • Fixed a crash related to possessed Drakk trying to steal Agnon's Graniteform buff. As part of this fix, we have made Graniteform and similar buffs, such as Ice Block unstealable. If those buffs would be stolen, they are now purged instead.
  • Barbarian Bundle now pays out Loot Keys as intended.
  • Bringing Barbarians into dungeons now doubles your event tickets. It was previously running off of the Agnon event mechanic of doubling tickets when you brought in a hero with an alternate skin.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing Balog's Cry Havoc to occur twice in a turn when paired with Abigail.
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Joel wrote: »
    • Fixed a crash related to possessed Drakk trying to steal Agnon's Graniteform buff. As part of this fix, we have made Graniteform and similar buffs, such as Ice Block, unstealable. If those buffs would be stolen, they are now purged instead.
    • Barbarian Bundle now pays out Loot Keys as intended.
    • Bringing Barbarians into dungeons now doubles your event tickets. It was previously running off of the Agnon event mechanic of doubling tickets when you brought in a hero with an alternate skin.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing Balog's Cry Havoc to occur twice in a turn when paired with Abigail.

So copying text AND code :) j/k

Thanks for fixing before the weekend!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Has the bug where Barbarians seem to die to Dark enemies when Haunted (when on a team with Drakk of course) been fixed?

I think it may also be bugged when Barbarians have their max health reduced, but I am not sure. It was a Brom that killed my Barbarians with Doom Blade and they were haunted, so it could be either.
  • This unfortunately brings down the value of the caster runes if you can't put them on hopper and turn into granite :/
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    Has the bug where Barbarians seem to die to Dark enemies when Haunted (when on a team with Drakk of course) been fixed?

This is fix I'm waiting for, too. The Barbarian signature trait is broken versus any dark team with Shade. Really hoping this issue is a priority.
  • Hi stoneform cant be purged now it seems. Please help.
  • Thanks for fixing tickets issue before the weekend. :)
  • Sorry. Forgot that it’s only a chance to purge, not guaranteed. Ignore until further notice :smile:
    • Fixed a crash related to possessed Drakk trying to steal Agnon's Graniteform buff. As part of this fix, we have made Graniteform and similar buffs, such as Ice Block, unstealable. If those buffs would be stolen, they are now purged instead.

Is this permanent, or until the underlying issue is fixed?

• danacdanac Member
    Barleyman wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

exactly. Stealing buffs is now a thing, you've disabled part of that.
  • Also, what are the similar buffs? Ekko’s shield? Shroud? ...?
  • Looks like shroud and feather can be stolen still. As soon as a battle started I hit Solaris with haunted for no reason but it stole her feather lol
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    @Joel just want to make sure you know that Graniteform and Ice Block are not being purged by buff stealing runes or abilities.

Instead, this patch made it so those runes and abilities now do nothing at all to Graniteform and Ice block.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey @ScoutYo, could you clarify what you mean by 'those runes and abilities now do nothing'? Do you mean they now do no damage at all? Because I'm still seeing damage being done in my game. Keep in mind that Graniteform and Ice Block reduce damage by 90% to begin with, then factor in defense and other damage reduction.

This is permanent. We were already exploring the idea of making these buffs unstealable, the bug related to it just made the change higher priority for us.
  • @Joel
    @toothlessmon was able to grab a screenshot of an attack against Ice Blocked Selwyn doing NEGATIVE damage. Aka healing. Definitely bugged.
    Booom!!
    qo55hxeh8m76.png
    I saw that in the other thread, no need to post it here as well. :)
    I saw that in the other thread, no need to post it here as well. :)
    Glad you saw it :wink:
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    Hey @ScoutYo, could you clarify what you mean by 'those runes and abilities now do nothing'? Do you mean they now do no damage at all? Because I'm still seeing damage being done in my game. Keep in mind that Graniteform and Ice Block reduce damage by 90% to begin with, then factor in defense and other damage reduction.
    Hey, Joel. I'm not referring to damage. I just meant what I mentioned in the previous paragraph about Caster runes and buff-stealing abilities (like Hopper's and Drakk's) not purging Graniteform and Stone Block.

The patch notes say that buff stealing should now purge Graniteform and Ice Block, but that's not happening. Instead, buff stealing has no effect on either of those two buffs. They simply remain in effect on Agnon/Selwyn.
  • ScoutYo wrote: »
    Hey, Joel. I'm not referring to damage. I just meant what I mentioned in the previous paragraph about Caster runes and buff-stealing abilities (like Hopper's and Drakk's) not purging Graniteform and Stone Block.

The patch notes say that buff stealing should now purge Graniteform and Ice Block, but that's not happening. Instead, buff stealing has no effect on either of those two buffs. They simply remain in effect on Agnon/Selwyn.

Yeah and they have no reaction to drakks challenge me, they won't attack!!
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
    edited April 30
    Ah! You are indeed correct about Graniteform/Ice Block not being purged. We're in the process of testing a fix that will hopefully come out with our next patch. :)

With regards to Drakk's Challenge not working on enemies in Graniteform/Ice Block, that is intended, but we're going to look into changing our AI's behavior to prevent challenges against such enemies.
  • danacdanac Member

This is permanent. We were already exploring the idea of making these buffs unstealable, the bug related to it just made the change higher priority for us.

So now we have to keep a list of which buffs can be stolen, which can be purged, and which are just normal buffs?

Along with differentiating them from passives.

This is going down a dark road....
  • danac wrote: »

So now we have to keep a list of which buffs can be stolen, which can be purged, and which are just normal buffs?

Along with differentiating them from passives.

This is going down a dark road....

Hello from The Dark Side... I bet by next year there will be some hero that makes abilities steal able, or a hero that dis-ascends a hero for a battle... that is probably the only thing that could counter drak- destroying balog aoe or destroying pillage...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    So now Agnon has unpurgeable Granite form, and is an almost guaranteed 1st attack kill against tanks and high defense enemies.

Could this be why Agnon is now my most hated PvP defender?
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    Graniteform can still be purged by abilities that are supposed to purge, but abilities (and Caster Runes) that are supposed to steal buffs for the attacker now have no effect (instead of purging, per the patch notes).