Team ideas vs new barbarians?

I have great tunes and had a great run with Solaris beast team but now its just about obsolete against the new barbarians. Anyone here having success with certain team combo against them?
Thank you 🙏🏻

Comments

• toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited May 4
    I have great tunes and had a great run with Solaris beast team but now its just about obsolete against the new barbarians. Anyone here having success with certain team combo against them?
    Thank you 🙏🏻

I don't have this team, but a friend of mine is using it and it pretty much shreds them -shade, hopper,koros,Solaris all fully ascended 6 stared... Idk if they
    Need the stars but idk

Rune Solaris with a caster rune, shade with an energy rune, koros heavy damage, if needed add some defense runes,hopper damage and crit runes, the rest of shades runes are additional energy runes and damage runes, and for Solaris the rest damage reduction and health.
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I wouldn’t say the Beast team is obsolete. In fact in my experience and from what I’ve heard from other high level players, they’re about even.

But as for a perfect counter? I don’t know if one exists...
  • I wouldn’t say the Beast team is obsolete. In fact in my experience and from what I’ve heard from other high level players, they’re about even.

I haven't had any luck against Barbs with my GT GG Pig Sol team.... at all. I've lost every game against Barbs.
  • tthebonetthebone Member
    I have seen teammates using icebloom with some success for the team freeze. I believe the other team members were goretusk, shade and agnon.
  • I wouldn’t say the Beast team is obsolete. In fact in my experience and from what I’ve heard from other high level players, they’re about even.

I haven't had any luck against Barbs with my GT GG Pig Sol team.... at all. I've lost every game against Barbs.

Replace pig with some kind of aoe freeze...
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Agreed, I had a very successful beast team run with elite and superior runs. Using combos of GT Agnon Lilly Sol, GT GG Sol Hopper winning well over 90% of every battle.
    Went from that to losing every single encounter vs barbarian team. I may try the Icebloom combo mentioned above. If that doesn’t work I’m guessing I’ll reluctantly have to jump on board with the barb combo. I’m thinking of re allocating beast team runes amongst the barbs n try to build up their stars with runs.As s I’ve found nothing else is working. Time consuming but beats buying tons of token packs. I almost feel sad the time and money I’ve spent fine tuning teams only to have them getting raped now

Thank you for every comment n suggestion guys,
    Very good community here!👍
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    Haven't had many fights with barbs but I've had a few ideas, Selwyn might be useful, stuck in iceblock receiving practically no damage then freezing everyone basically gives him 2 turns alive, koros can purge everyone's rage, he's even mentioned as drakks most hated hero so that must mean something, you might be able to pull something off with furnace since he never receives more than 20% damage, Ekko could be thrown in somewhere since his starting buff can't be stolen and can't die
  • Ududu2 wrote: »
    Haven't had many fights with barbs but I've had a few ideas, Selwyn might be useful, stuck in iceblock receiving practically no damage then freezing everyone basically gives him 2 turns alive, koros can purge everyone's rage, he's even mentioned as drakks most hated hero so that must mean something, you might be able to pull something off with furnace since he never receives more than 20% damage, Ekko could be thrown in somewhere since his starting buff can't be stolen and can't die

But koros purges before the damage is dealt, they need to be already procced for this to work, I agree tho that Selewn is a good idea to add, and so is koros, but the damage needs to be dealt first.... Maybe add some hard hitter you own??
  • Ududu2 wrote: »

I think the Barbs do too many hits for Furnace to be good. I would consider Grog a counter to him since he could one-epic Furnace and I think the barbs would be an extension of this form of countering.
  • Here is an example of a team that beat my Barb defense - figured I’d share. Watched the replay - there was some RNG involved, and it was close, but they won. I have had some success with GT / Abi / Balog / Drakk against the typical Barb teams. Part of that strategy involves using Abi to one shot their Balog before he gets Cry Havoc off. nsjokdp0lhns.jpeg
  • Here is an example of a team that beat my Barb defense - figured I’d share. Watched the replay - there was some RNG involved, and it was close, but they won. I have had some success with GT / Abi / Balog / Drakk against the typical Barb teams. Part of that strategy involves using Abi to one shot their Balog before he gets Cry Havoc off. nsjokdp0lhns.jpeg

He's 7 levels lower, and his barbs haven't nearly the stars most do (like his drakk is missing like 1-3 of the average metasaures Rex, his Abigail and balog are a stat lower, but then again you actually beat that team soooo... Props!!
  • @toothlessmon - I think you read that incorrectly- I am the barb team 7 lvls lower on defense, and I lost that fight.
  • Here is another example - this time fighting fire with fire - my defense, attacker brought the exact same team. Here is how it ended up:

3h9ahwy1813d.jpeg

As you can see, this pretty much boiled down to who’s Balog attacked next. In this case, it was his and he won. Point being, there are ways to win over a barb defense currently, but as someone else noted, none are particularly reliable. So much depends on RNG, defensive AI, and crits/resists.
  • JazthiJazthi Member
    I had some luck against Barb teams with Shade Balog Agnon and Zomm against Shade + Barbs. The only loss I had was against a 5 Star Drakk fully on Attack. He just shredded my team with his basic attacks. My Balog usually gets targeted by Shade. A fully attack Shade will kill him, but if he is resurrected as a skelleton the taunt is pretty helpfull. If he survives the silence of him is also quite helpfull. Additionally I soullink Drakk with my Shade so he gets killed fast...
  • mrdahlmrdahl Member
    The easiest team against the four barbarians is: Goretusk Igorok Ferno Grog Gnog.
    Goretusk gets hit by Abigail, then freezes Balog
    Igorok freezes the barbarians
    Ferno spreds wildfire, which removes rage and unbrideled rage
    Grog Gnog kills the barbarians. Since GG slows the barbarians down, you get to hit them for a second turn if needed.
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    edited May 22
    The only sure way to beat them, even considering the new Emily is to click “refresh.” Barbarians are WILDLY overpowered. Everyone on the DB internal testing team should be sent to bed without supper!

Barbarian rage buff is FAR too strong. It’s a great concept but it’s just overtuned and needs a great big nerf.
  • Lafoote wrote: »
    The only sure way to beat them, even considering the new Emily is to click “refresh.” Barbarians are WILDLY overpowered. Everyone on the DB internal testing team should be sent to bed without dinner!

Barbarian rage buff is FAR too strong. It’s a great concept but it’s just overturned and needs a great bug nerf.

Especially the 100% damage increase and 75% DR with Drakk and Balog. If the damage was 50% and DR was 50% it would be better. At least with GT the damage resist can easily be countered. 75% is permanent and there aren't many good purges besides Solaris+Snow Day but that has to be saved for their invincibility.
  • Just switch cry havoc with bull rush, and does snow day defense stack, if so then it increases my jabbers defense to 11k or something like that, and if that's the case I should prob start working on my grog gnog, and sure there are good purges, koros, vipera, caster runes with any aoe that's good...
  • Two snow days do not make 90% defense boost. It's just 45% for twice as long.
  • oh so it will increase his defense to 7.4k... Oh well I guess 10k is for people that have future runes or cheaters.
  • Well depends on who has the highest base defense and combos with defense multipliers like Snow Day, Astrid, Exectutum, Etc. Maybe Zomm could have a very high defense since he's undead caster that can have snow day.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 22
    Lafoote wrote: »
    The only sure way to beat them, even considering the new Emily is to click “refresh.” Barbarians are WILDLY overpowered. Everyone on the DB internal testing team should be sent to bed without dinner!

Barbarian rage buff is FAR too strong. It’s a great concept but it’s just overturned and needs a great bug nerf.

Especially the 100% damage increase and 75% DR with Drakk and Balog. If the damage was 50% and DR was 50% it would be better. At least with GT the damage resist can easily be countered. 75% is permanent and there aren't many good purges besides Solaris+Snow Day but that has to be saved for their invincibility.

Not to excuse the barbs, but Ferno's Wildfire does a lovely job and I'd recommend him. Barbs with Wildfire on are stuck with zero rage, and it gets spread to all of them soon enough. The drawbacks are that there's no way to prevent Ferno being silenced on the first turn, unless you've got the non-dark energy runes, and Abi's shout can't be purged and basically negates Ferno's -attack debuff. That means you're reliant on a crit to get Wildfire on turn one. I still try to avoid barbs in raids, but in the tower Gore/Emily/Ferno/Zomm works for me, although my Emily needs some better runes. I wish skill + defensive runes were easier to come by, and that her epic increased her health instead of her attack.
  • Stinky wrote: »

Not to excuse the barbs, but Ferno's Wildfire does a lovely job and I'd recommend him. Barbs with Wildfire on are stuck with zero rage, and it gets spread to all of them soon enough. The only trouble is that there's no way to prevent Ferno being silenced on the first turn, unless you've got the non-dark energy runes. That means you're reliant on a crit to get Wildfire on turn one. I still try to avoid barbs in raids, but in the tower Gore/Emily/Ferno/Zomm works for me, although my Emily needs some better runes. I wish skill + defensive runes were easier to come by, and that her epic increased her health instead of her attack.

Most OP THING I HAVE EVER SEEN, I mean 0% damage reduction,0 % increased damage, i think your just making them stronger then before with the wildfire...
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited May 22
    Stinky wrote: »
    Not to excuse the barbs, but Ferno's Wildfire does a lovely job and I'd recommend him. Barbs with Wildfire on are stuck with zero rage, and it gets spread to all of them soon enough. The drawbacks are that there's no way to prevent Ferno being silenced on the first turn, unless you've got the non-dark energy runes, and Abi's shout can't be purged and basically negates Ferno's -attack debuff. That means you're reliant on a crit to get Wildfire on turn one. I still try to avoid barbs in raids, but in the tower Gore/Emily/Ferno/Zomm works for me, although my Emily needs some better runes. I wish skill + defensive runes were easier to come by, and that her epic increased her health instead of her attack.

You could debuff Balog with SB (hoping Abi will not kill him), silence Balog with a fast character like Indigo, and then you hope that Balog will not do a basic attack on Ferno and silence him. So SB, Indigo (+1 energy due to crit) rather than Torchy, GT, and Ferno?

Hmmm.... wonder if they redo Indigo so that her first attack Rapid Fire so that it will debuff with the arrow 1 and then a chance to silence with arrow 2-5.

• Rocksor wrote: »

You could debuff Balog with SB (hoping Abi will not kill him), silence Balog with a fast character like Indigo, and then you hope that Balog will not do a basic attack on Ferno and silence him. So SB, Indigo (+1 energy due to crit) rather than Torchy, GT, and Ferno?

Hmmm.... wonder if they redo Indigo so that her first attack Rapid Fire so that it will debuff with the arrow 1 and then a chance to silence with arrow 2-5.

Nah indigo is really good, the problem is most people don't use her because battles don't last over 2 turns in this current meta, if this meta slowed down indigo would be the answer whether it be generating 3-5 energy a turn, silencing, slowing enemies ect.

What are the festive runes for?

They are energy runes... And the festive runes is so she can cleanse the team turn one AKA it's so you can use special abilities even if they were silenced.
  • StinkyStinky Member

Not to excuse the barbs, but Ferno's Wildfire does a lovely job and I'd recommend him. Barbs with Wildfire on are stuck with zero rage, and it gets spread to all of them soon enough. The only trouble is that there's no way to prevent Ferno being silenced on the first turn, unless you've got the non-dark energy runes. That means you're reliant on a crit to get Wildfire on turn one. I still try to avoid barbs in raids, but in the tower Gore/Emily/Ferno/Zomm works for me, although my Emily needs some better runes. I wish skill + defensive runes were easier to come by, and that her epic increased her health instead of her attack.

Most OP THING I HAVE EVER SEEN, I mean 0% damage reduction,0 % increased damage, i think your just making them stronger then before with the wildfire...

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here dude. The end of your sentence makes me think you're being sarcastic, but um yeah, being able to prevent barbs from getting any bonus damage or mitigation is actually pretty huge...? The only downside is that it can take time to spread Wildfire to multiple targets, time you might not have if Abi and Balog are able to beat the tar out of your team all by themselves.
    Rocksor wrote: »

I won't lie, I completely forgot about From The Shadow's purge effect! Which is weird, because I see SB every day in the tower and he always purges something or other, but there you go. Thanks, SB/GT/Ferno/Zomm will probably do the trick in the tower when GT's freeze is up. That one turn is all I need to apply Wildfire. Time to cram a million XP potions down SB's throat.

They are energy runes... And the festive runes is so she can cleanse the team turn one AKA it's so you can use special abilities even if they were silenced.

He said non-dark energy runes so I said festive. Just not sure who to put them on to get the purge?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here dude. The end of your sentence makes me think you're being sarcastic, but um yeah, being able to prevent barbs from getting any bonus damage or mitigation is actually pretty huge...? The only downside is that it can take time to spread Wildfire to multiple targets, time you might not have if Abi and Balog are able to beat the tar out of your team all by themselves.
    Rocksor wrote: »

I won't lie, I completely forgot about From The Shadow's purge effect! Which is weird, because I see SB every day in the tower and he always purges something or other, but there you go. Thanks, SB/GT/Ferno/Zomm will probably do the trick in the tower when GT's freeze is up. That one turn is all I need to apply Wildfire. Time to cram a million XP potions down SB's throat.

I was being silly, and I think they added that purge effect a year or so ago in attempts to get him some play, didn't work until they released shade.