Extra Tower of Pwnage Event!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
Hey everyone!

Today through Thursday, you'll be able to run the Tower of PWNAGE *twice* per day! No need to claim anything for your extra run, it's automatically added to your account. Go get 'em!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks Joel! Finally the tower gate (at least most of it) has been fixed!
  • Where is @DwightFry? Sweet fruition!
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited May 8
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    So this is it???

Wouldn't it have been quicker and easier for you guys to just have given everyone some free gems, gold and Yorik tokens and called it done...

All this wait and hype and talk for blah, it's just so disappointing.
    :/

He wanted to wait until the tower got exponentially harder after Barbs so those free gems wouldn't be so free.

I know some people might think this is just silly, but I believe it. Just seems so weird that it took them months to come out with this "event".

Edit: And you will also get some folks who will say "wow you guys complain about everything", but in this case, I think it's justified. Again, it's about the hype that this was some cool event, only to be told, here, you can run it 2x for 3 days.

Edit 2: But in the end, this whole dealio can be done with now. Time to move on!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I thought it was supposed to be unlimited runs.

At least put a cap of 4 runs on it. You did a tower "event" instead of just handing out gems because "everyone's skill level is different, so we didn't want to give those who couldn't complete the tower free gems". But isn't allowing just 2 runs a day also cutting off what high-level players who can easily beat the tower would've earned?

I suppose cutting off the top tier rather than the lower tier is better business-wise, but it still feels like it was done to ignore a certain group of players.

Whatever, though. I normally don't do the tower anyways, this at least gives me some incentive. And yeah, now we can stop complaining. Mostly.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • RedE2QuitRedE2Quit Member
    @ Joel, thanks for finally getting this done, though since the pawn shop does not reset with the extra Tower runs, players are still being short changed. After taking this long to simply add 1 extra run for 3 days no one gave any thought to the pawn shop loot still being limited? When can players expect their missed stamina, tokens, celestials etc.?
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    So this is it???

Wouldn't it have been quicker and easier for you guys to just have given everyone some free gems, gold and Yorik tokens and called it done...

He wanted to wait until the tower got exponentially harder after Barbs so those free gems wouldn't be so free.

I haven't gotten any gems from this... Literally I have gotten 0 gems in tower #WaitTillYouHaveEnoughResourcesToCraftTonsOfEpicRunesUnlikeMe
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Those barbs are powerful, can't wait for some cheap counter to be released... As I said in my old days... Game on and may I be empowered by the dark side
    So this is it???

I haven't gotten any gems from this... Literally I have gotten 0 gems in tower #WaitTillYouHaveEnoughResourcesToCraftTonsOfEpicRunesUnlikeMe

Because of how hard it is? I happened to get lucky and only lost my top 3 teams after completing the 11th floor.
    So this is it???

Because of how hard it is? I happened to get lucky and only lost my top 3 teams after completing the 11th floor.

I got rekt by the barbs and not enough time to prepare, I had one first floor and they just ate my tower team, and worst part is everyone was basically a 6 star, I don't even think anyone has a 5 star drak yet.
    Those barbs are powerful, can't wait for some cheap counter to be released... As I said in my old days... Game on and may I be empowered by the dark side
    Honestly, I'm thinking they just never finished or decided a more in-depth "tower event" was not worth the effort. It wasn't going to make them money like these 14 door or community events do. Thus, after several months of trying to get this event programmed/created, they decided to scrap it and give us the 2x runs for 3 days event.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member

At least put a cap of 4 runs on it. You did a tower "event" instead of just handing out gems because "everyone's skill level is different, so we didn't want to give those who couldn't complete the tower free gems". But isn't allowing just 2 runs a day also cutting off what high-level players who can easily beat the tower would've earned?

I suppose cutting off the top tier rather than the lower tier is better business-wise, but it still feels like it was done to ignore a certain group of players.

Whatever, though. I normally don't do the tower anyways, this at least gives me some incentive. And yeah, now we can stop complaining. Mostly.

Why would you not run the tower every day, or at least attempt as much of it as you can manage? It's still the main source of gems for non-payers, or those of us who used to pay $3 a month for the gem package they got rid of, and gems are still a vital game resource.

For myself I'm glad of the chance at some extra gems (and stamina and other stuff). DB could easily have said sorry, never mind, can't do anything, but they have done something, which is more than a lot of companies would do.

• toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited May 8
    Deleted
    Barleyman wrote: »

Why would you not run the tower every day, or at least attempt as much of it as you can manage? It's still the main source of gems for non-payers, or those of us who used to pay $3 a month for the gem package they got rid of, and gems are still a vital game resource.

For myself I'm glad of the chance at some extra gems (and stamina and other stuff). DB could easily have said sorry, never mind, can't do anything, but they have done something, which is more than a lot of companies would do.

What companies? Besides EA, I mean.

Giving adequate compensation for a team’s mistake shouldn’t be looked on as this amazing act of generosity. It should be the norm. What’s expected of them. Providing the bare necessities is not heroic or admirable.

I haven’t been running the tower as much because of two reasons. One, I’ve been busy in college. Some days I don’t even have time to open the app at all. And two, I haven’t been using gems as much. All my heroes who need good runes have them. And mainly due to the first reason, I’m not even going to attempt to save up to make an Elite Rune.

I’ve been playing more recently because college is ending, and because I noticed they’re buffing older heroes. Which is something I’ve been begging them to do for ages. But it has nothing to do with the tower or PvP. Both still feel like chores.

If they wanted to make the Tower or PvP fun, they could add weekly effects or challenges to both of them, like requiring certain heroes, playing around with the rules of how battles work, or some other whacky rule change.
  • Barleyman wrote: »

Giving adequate compensation for a team’s mistake shouldn’t be looked on as this amazing act of generosity. It should be the norm. What’s expected of them. Providing the bare necessities is not heroic or admirable.

I haven’t been running the tower as much because of two reasons. One, I’ve been busy in college. Some days I don’t even have time to open the app at all. And two, I haven’t been using gems as much. All my heroes who need good runes have them. And mainly due to the first reason, I’m not even going to attempt to save up to make an Elite Rune.

I’ve been playing more recently because college is ending, and because I noticed they’re buffing older heroes. Which is something I’ve been begging them to do for ages. But it has nothing to do with the tower or PvP. Both still feel like chores.

If they wanted to make the Tower or PvP fun, they could add weekly effects or challenges to both of them, like requiring certain heroes, playing around with the rules of how battles work, or some other whacky rule change.

At least they aren't just saying hey you pay 33 dollars if you want to get the tower boost, they aren't even asking for money from double tower which most companies would say hey player giveusSomeMoney!!
  • StinkyStinky Member

Didn't they hand out some free gems at the time? Maybe I'm getting Towergate mixed up with something else.

Stinky wrote: »

Didn't they hand out some free gems at the time? Maybe I'm getting Towergate mixed up with something else.

They gave 500 gems to cover the costs of getting stamina
    I’m not mad at them. I am glad they did something. Whether or not it was enough?? Ehhh.
  • danacdanac Member
    So this is it???

lets not get too down on them about the gems part, that week they gave everyone something like 500 free gems.

• YasanthaYasantha Member
    Awesome. Thank you
  • danac wrote: »
    So this is it???

lets not get too down on them about the gems part, that week they gave everyone something like 500 free gems.

Yeah it was meant to be a joke but looks like some people actually believe it. I don't remember actually getting the free gems.
  • danac wrote: »
    So this is it???

Yeah it was meant to be a joke but looks like some people actually believe it. I don't remember actually getting the free gems.

Nah I got them... And a few hundred loot keys, but that was a long time ago, like back in vanilla
  • DwightFryDwightFry Member
    5 months way to go DB your customer service is the best. Not complaining just stating fact that you coulda done this right off the bat instead of making everybody so happy.......
  • Just wait until the next tower event. It will.be the mystery tower with all ? heroes! xD