Changes for Light/Dark event?

@Joel @xtmn8r For the upcoming Light vs Dark event, are you adjusting the points payout or the guild reward thresholds for the event? In Monday’s summit, you announced that the event will be similar to the Fire vs Water event from several weeks back but with a single leaderboard for guild points (not separate ones for Dark and light). Great news on the leaderboard but the reward thresholds were so high in the fire/water event that many active guilds couldn’t reach the lowest Guild reward - even if their fire and water points were combined.

Is this being adjusted so more guilds can participate and reach some level of event rewards?
Tagged:

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    They should also buff a lot of the Light heroes for the event, or make the buff granted to Light heroes much stronger than the buff granted to Dark heroes.

Light vs Dark events are hardly even a comparison anymore. Light heroes are in a terrible spot in the meta. Dark heroes still rule it.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We will be making changes to the thresholds for the Light vs Dark event. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • RegusRegus Member
    Thanks! @Joel
  • Anyone have any speculation on the two heroes getting reworked for the Light vs Dark event ?
    I have my $ on Ella and Emily
    Angels vs Demons would be a nice highlight.
  • On the subject of changes, i'm really feeling like executum should have his vigilance merged with his taunt, like @JackHallow666 suggested in an earier post, and maybe a thing where undead allies do extra damage to debilitated enemies, but i do agree emily needs a buff/rework, she just can't compete with solaris as a rezzer.
    Photo courtesy of Jackhallow666.

Favorite heroes: Overlord Executum, Hansuke Undying, and Augustus.
  • mrdahlmrdahl Member
    Pontifex for dark. He has no epic, no family, hasn't been updated before and is a ledgendary in a bad need of a tuneup. Hopefully he can be the component that makes the undead team viable aga

Light, well..... They all need updates.
    Only MK and and Ekko have been changed rescently, so it could be anyone. If we get pontifex for dark i guess ledgendary Aria for light makes the most sense.
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    Pontifex and Aria would be cool, for neither of them are really true legendaries. However, there are many less useful heroes like Malice, Ella, BD, Sifu, Alexandros
  • edited May 10
    It would be cool to see an Emily buff. She's borderline useless. I remember way back in the early days where you could actually get excited when you unlocked her because that revive was so useful. She needs some kind of barbarian-like passive or something that works on dead heroes so the body can't be used unless it's being revived by Emily, Leo or Solaris, and some buff to make her worth having on a team of 4. What if your heroes couldn't die at all when she's alive? No matter how many times you kill them and they just instantly revive xD but then Solaris would be out of business >.>
  • Anyone have any speculation on the two heroes getting reworked for the Light vs Dark event ?
    I have my $ on Ella and Emily
    Angels vs Demons would be a nice highlight.

I hope more then 2 heroes get buffed...

P.S when does event start?
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • emily and malice. angels vs demons! i hope it is malice and she gets some crazy new powers. emily too. she's not much of a gaurdian angel with the longest cooldown in the game xD
  • emily and malice. angels vs demons! i hope it is malice and she gets some crazy new powers. emily too. she's not much of a gaurdian angel with the longest cooldown in the game xD

we just need a full demon revamp. and maybe the release of a light demon...
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • a light demon that is a doppelganger and can copy skills and buffs ;)
  • a light demon that is a doppelganger and can copy skills and buffs ;)

Nah i will just say what he would be, he would have this ability called eclipse form... nvm i am going to write it onto my forum post for light and dark predictions

also does anyone know when the event starts?
  • In 2 hours xD
  • PooombahPooombah Member
    l3b8qivknbxb.png
    An Aria Epic that changed her ‘Inhuman Reflexes’ to ‘Epic Reflexes’ would be amazing. It would allow it so that she has a chance to retaliate twice like usual, but also make all Light allies attack whenever she counters as well.

Of course, she’d need much more syngery than that to make her viable...
  • this guy is ready. 6* malice AND a full battery lol
  • mrdahl wrote: »
    Pontifex for dark. He has no epic, no family, hasn't been updated before and is a ledgendary in a bad need of a tuneup. Hopefully he can be the component that makes the undead team viable aga

Only MK and and Ekko have been changed rescently, so it could be anyone. If we get pontifex for dark i guess ledgendary Aria for light makes the most sense.

Actually Pontifex has been updated already, but I agree he's a pretty mediocre legendary.

My guess is also going with Emily (or maybe Sifu) for yellow.
  • mrdahl wrote: »

Actually Pontifex has been updated already, but I agree he's a pretty mediocre legendary.

I'm hoping an update for 5+ and maybe a new hero... Like they used to.
  • PooombahPooombah Member

this guy is ready. 6* malice AND a full battery lol
    look at the hero power she has though, bossfight let it slip through, caught it 2 weeks ago

mrdahl wrote: »

To be fair, Ponti was updated along with Balog and Ignus’ *first* “rework”. Now Balog and Ignus have been fully reworked to actually be useful, and Ponti is still just sitting in the dust. Or floating over it, rather.
  • Demons are a family of glass canons, the Malice changes pretty much hammered that in.

Side note: the icon for Demonic Harbinger looks really cool! And familiar, was it used for an old temporary passive for a past event? Peculiarly familiar.