Is Wildfire meant to persist through death?

If it is, this is the first time I've seen it, anyway - and I've been running Sol/Ag/Ferno + 1 team since Ag came out. Maybe I'm really that unobservant?

Abigail was taken down to zero health while Wildfire was on her. The next turn I resurrect Abigail with Sol, and Abigail returns, still on (wild)fire. By this point the enemy Ferno's been silenced and is murdered in short order; if it wasn't for the bug, there would be no wildfire present, and so no wildfire could be spread to my other barbarians. Because of this bug, wildfire gets spread to my other barbarians, stripping them of buffs and rage, and leads to my defeat.

yy7abhhg9p0i.jpg

Comments

• oredithoredith Member
    came across that scenario myself this morning. was a bit annoyed by it. it was a really long drawn out battle ending with my defeat, which made it doubling annoying.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • Stinky wrote: »
    If it is, this is the first time I've seen it, anyway - and I've been running Sol/Ag/Ferno + 1 team since Ag came out. Maybe I'm really that unobservant?

Abigail was taken down to zero health while Wildfire was on her. The next turn I resurrect Abigail with Sol, and Abigail returns, still on (wild)fire. By this point the enemy Ferno's been silenced and is murdered in short order; if it wasn't for the bug, there would be no wildfire present, and so no wildfire could be spread to my other barbarians. Because of this bug, wildfire gets spread to my other barbarians, stripping them of buffs and rage, and leads to my defeat.

yy7abhhg9p0i.jpg

At first I thought it was that they keep the animation, if that is so stop it, it's awesome to see your heroes on fire with a green haunted fire, and when ressurected (if ressurected) to see them burning with a haunted fury waiting to be unleashed, also it's more realistic because if they were on fire when they died and are rezed a couple seconds later they deserve that sweet animation... Honestly I think the animation is cool, but I actually haven't been affected by this.
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Those barbs are powerful, can't wait for some cheap counter to be released... As I said in my old days... Game on and may I be empowered by the dark side
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 10
    At first I thought it was that they keep the animation, if that is so stop it, it's awesome to see your heroes on fire with a green haunted fire, and when ressurected (if ressurected) to see them burning with a haunted fury waiting to be unleashed, also it's more realistic because if they were on fire when they died and are rezed a couple seconds later they deserve that sweet animation... Honestly I think the animation is cool, but I actually haven't been affected by this.
    The green haunted fire is actively preventing Abi from getting angry. It forces her into a state of zen-like calm. It's not just a graphical effect, Abi in that screenshot has Wildfire on her despite being brought back from the dead.

I've always thought potions that give purely aesthetic effects should drop from various places in the game. They'd do things like make heroes small (baby Shade!) or have a permanent fire/electric/etc. aura unless defending a dungeon from another player.
  • Stinky wrote: »
    The green haunted fire is actively preventing Abi from getting angry. It forces her into a state of zen-like calm. It's not just a graphical effect, Abi in that screenshot has Wildfire on her despite being brought back from the dead.

I've always thought potions that give purely aesthetic effects should drop from various places in the game. They'd do things like make heroes small (baby Shade!) or have a permanent fire/electric/etc. aura unless defending a dungeon from another player.

I feel that DB should make a system that allows us to customize our heroes, to the digit/detail, even if it was a membership required thing to Edit or it costed 2 dollars for 5 hero edits and some that are good enough will become event skins that are buy able in shop for event tokens or leaderboard rewards, the player that designed it would get a hundred gems and so and we would all be happy because less work for Devs!!
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Those barbs are powerful, can't wait for some cheap counter to be released... As I said in my old days... Game on and may I be empowered by the dark side