Patch Notes: May 17th, 2018 (Emily & Malice Reworks!)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited May 16 in Patch Notes
We've got two hero updates to go along with our Dark VS Light event!

Archangel Emily:
  • Increased Health and Skill
  • Decreased Attack and Defense
  • Emily's Epic attack now also heals her
  • Resurrection is now Angelic Resurrection. Angelic Resurrection revives a fallen ally, and gives that ally Haste and 3 energy. Cooldown: 5.
  • Cleanse is now Cleansing Wave. Cleansing Wave heals and remove all debuffs on all allies. Cooldown: 3.
  • Purging Smash is now Divine Justice. Divine Justice is a melee physical attack on a targeted enemy that deals splash damage to other enemies. It marks all enemies hit with the Magnified Light debuff, which makes afflicted enemies take more damage from Light heroes. Cooldown: 3.
  • Emily now has the Angelic passive ability at all ascension levels. Angelic makes her immune to debuffs, Light Immune, and gives her an Aegis Shield at the start of dungeons.
  • Emily now has the Demon's Bane passive ability after being ascended once. Demon's Bane lets her take less damage from Demons and lets her deal bonus damage to Demons.
  • Emily now has the Divine Presence passive ability after being ascended twice. Divine Presence lets her automatically purge 1 buff from all enemies at the start of her turn.

Malice:
  • Increased Attack, Defense, and Health
  • Decreased Skill
  • Theft of Grace now adds 1-3 elemental buffs to all heroes on your team. Cooldown has been reduced from 7 to 5.
  • Purging of Sins is now Malevolent Strike. Malevolent Strike does a melee physical attack on a targeted enemy and does splash damage to other enemies. The attack deals bonus damage to targets with high maximum health. Cooldown: 3
  • Envious Blade is now Envious Rampage. Envious Rampage does a melee physical attack on a targeted enemy and two random enemies. The attack lifesteals and has a chance to steal a buff on hit. Cooldown: 4.
  • Malice now has the Armored passive ability at all ascension levels.
  • Malice now has the Demonic Harbinger passive ability after being ascended twice. Demonic Harbinger makes non-Demon enemies start with the "Sacrifice" debuff, which prevents them from being healed and they take 2x damage from Demons.
  • Malice no longer has the Greed passive ability.
  • Malice no longer has the Lethal Lust passive ability.
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• xtmn8rxtmn8r Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Apologies for delay. NOT JOEL'S FAULT. He was kind enough to prep these before going away on much deserved vacation. I apparently didnt unhide it properly. SHOULD be visible now. If not, well then I'm just talking to myself...
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Thanks @xtmn8r :)
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • xtmn8r wrote: »
    Apologies for delay. NOT JOEL'S FAULT. He was kind enough to prep these before going away on much deserved vacation. I apparently didnt unhide it properly. SHOULD be visible now. If not, well then I'm just talking to myself...

Should I expect any other buffs or is this it, but I really appreciate the buff to Emily,finally able to dust her off and use her as another otk to non barb teams combo.
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Thank you very much! :blush:

We can now add these links to the wiki.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • Recently my healing and lifesteal has been around 10k, for even my worst healers. Has skill/healing been buffed?
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
    Happy to share my knowledge with anyone that listens
  • danacdanac Member
    You forgot to include
    "turned Abi and Pig white"

in the patch notes
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Don’t think Emily needed any stats reduced, but nice changes anyways.

Although Malice feels kind of more “changed” than “buffed”, I appreciate the effort. Hopefully the other Demons get buffed soon.
  • Don’t think Emily needed any stats reduced, but nice changes anyways.

Although Malice feels kind of more “changed” than “buffed”, I appreciate the effort. Hopefully the other Demons get buffed soon.

Maybe a legendary will tie them all together.
  • Cough cough archangel catastrophe XD lemme finish my post, I was on the demon section but you get my point
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Does anyone know how much of a bonus Malice's Benevolent Strike does against high-health enemies, and what qualifies as 'high-health' anyways? I'm kind of bummed about this ability because now the Demons don't really have a reliable way of cleansing debuffs. Previously, Purging of Sins was an incredibly reliable and really good skill to get pesky debuffs off your Demons.

I don't see why they couldn't have just added the 'Bonus damage vs high-health targets' thing on top of the regular Purging of Sins. Not like Malice was so powerful already that they had to remove something to add something else. All she needed was additions.

Also, her Life-stealing last ability should really give health to ALL Demons. Not just herself.
  • ThundRThundR Member
    Demon harbinger is really anti-healer,
    So much work.
  • ThundR wrote: »
    Demon harbinger is really anti-healer,

Only for a turn or two.
  • DevilJhonsDevilJhons Member
    edited August 10
    Post edited by DevilJhons on