Inconsistent Attack Sequence?

We all know the Attack Sequence on PvP (not really, but let's just assume that all DB players are geniuses). But this one bugs me out:

I have a Complete Barbarian Team (from first to last)
Abigail, Balog, Ignus, and Drakk.

The enemy has
Pontifex, Grog, Brom, Zomm.

I killed Pontifex first because Balog's gonna Silence Grog anyway. But what happened is Grog immediately used his Strike Ability! Shouldn't Balog will be the next one to attack? Or it has something to do with Ponti's Reincarnate?

This happened to me TWICE actually.

Comments

• ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    It's an issue with how the game handles turn order when a fast or normal speed hero becomes slow (for any reason -- Grog Gnog, Goretusk's passive, etc.).

Say you're facing a team with four normal speed heroes and Ponti is the first in the attack order. If you kill Ponti's living form before his turn, the game removes him from the normal speed hero attack queue (where he was formerly Normal Speed Hero 1) and redesignates him as Slow Hero 1.

Because Ponti was removed from the normal speed attack queue, the game redesignates the next normal speed hero on his team as Normal Speed Hero 1, and that hero gets to attack when Ponti would have.
  • CollideCollide Member
    ScoutYo wrote: »
    It's an issue with how the game handles turn order when a fast or normal speed hero becomes slow (for any reason -- Grog Gnog, Goretusk's passive, etc.).

Say you're facing a team with four normal speed heroes and Ponti is the first in the attack order. If you kill Ponti's living form before his turn, the game removes him from the normal speed hero attack queue (where he was formerly Normal Speed Hero 1) and redesignates him as Slow Hero 1.

Because Ponti was removed from the normal speed attack queue, the game redesignates the next normal speed hero on his team as Normal Speed Hero 1, and that hero gets to attack when Ponti would have.

This explanation explains everything.

But isn't this wrong? It should've just followed the standard order instead having like two-first-heroes. There is even times when the second fast hero attacked first. It shows inconsistency of the system.
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    It's frustrating and unintuitive. My guess is that it's an issue that would require considerable resources to fix, so it's taken a back seat to other things.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Actually, I think this is intended and not a bug at all. It adds an element of strategy. It's not intuitive, and there are dozens of similar topics on this forum with the same misunderstanding, but that does not mean it's broken.
  • So what you're saying is...I could trick the opponent by putting Pontifex before Balog and take their turn away when they kill Pontifex so that Balog attacks next? xD
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    It's not that you take their turn, it's that the opponent's heroes are re-ordered.

Couple of other examples of turn order getting switched:

1) when using Hopper, if she removes a corpse then that enemy ceases to exist and all following heroes move up a turn. If there's no chance for the corpses to be revived it might be better to not use hopper at all, just to leave those corpses taking up turn slots.

2) If a fast hero takes their turn, is then killed and revived by Zomm as a Zomminion, they get another turn in the same round as a (now) slow hero.
  • Jimbo187Jimbo187 Member
    Another issue I am experiencing with this is the defending teams 2 fast heroes are getting to attack before my fast hero. Nobody got slowed, or killed...

example: goretusk, Emily, koros, balog VS Abigail, shade, balog, drakk...

Both shade and Abby are attacking before goretusk can get a turn.

And then it proceeded to be even more messed up, and my Emily got to attack before their balog ><
    Completely screwing up the turn sequencing...

Noticing more and more bugs in recent days...
  • echonapechonap Member
    Jimbo187 wrote: »
    Another issue I am experiencing with this is the defending teams 2 fast heroes are getting to attack before my fast hero. Nobody got slowed, or killed...

example: goretusk, Emily, koros, balog VS Abigail, shade, balog, drakk...

Both shade and Abby are attacking before goretusk can get a turn.

And then it proceeded to be even more messed up, and my Emily got to attack before their balog ><
    Completely screwing up the turn sequencing...

Noticing more and more bugs in recent days...

GT has a chance to slow melee attackers. Enemy Abi attacks GT, gets slowed and becomes 1st normal. Enemy Shade becomes 1st fast and goes immediately. Your GT goes next since he is the 1st fast attacker. Your Emily goes next, since enemy Abi went already and she is the 1st normal defender.

There is always a logical explanation. You just have to understand turn order.