Patch Notes: May 24th, 2018 [Welcome to the Jungle & Alexandros Rework]

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited May 24 in Patch Notes
We've got a big one today!
  • The level cap has been increased to 80!
  • Boss Mode Chapters 13-21 can now be unlocked! These dungeons include a brand new environment: The Jungle!
  • Hero Stars 4, 5, and 6 now increase your stats more!

In other news:
  • We fixed the bug that was causing the game to crash when you summoned a friend's Hopper.

Alexandros Upgrade:
  • Increased Attack, Defense, Health, and Skill.
  • First ability has been changed from Damage Reflection ability is now Shield Slam. Shield Slam is a physical melee attack that has a chance to Provoke and knock the target Off-Balance. Cooldown: 5.
  • Second ability has been changed from Shield Bash to Energizing Taunt. Energizing Taunt has all the properties of a normal Taunt, but also boosts Alexandros' max health and gives him 2 energy. Starts powered. Cooldown: 5.
  • Third ability has been changed from Taunt to Provoking Rampage. Provoking Rampage does a melee physical attack on a target and two random enemies, and has a chance to Provoke any enemies hit.
  • Beast Hunter passive removed.
  • Shocking Grasp passive removed.
  • Now gets the Electrostatic Field passive after being ascended once. Electrostatic Field gives Alexandros a chance to shock a random enemy at the start of his turn.
  • Now gets the Electric Conductor passive after being ascended twice. Electric Conductor gives all armored allies' damaging attacks against Shocked enemies a chance to spread Shock to another random enemy.
  • Now gets the Reflecting Shield passive after being ascended twice. Reflecting Shield gives all allies a shield that reflects 50% of damage taken back at the attacker for the first 3 rounds of a dungeon.
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Phouka79Phouka79 Member
    edited May 24
    f70df3mfinco.jpeg
    I like the addition of the new Krexx skin for beating Garden of Evil in boss mode.
  • How do I unloc chapters 14+ am I supposed to complete that boss mode light heroes only? Am I supposed to get 3 stars on all previous levels? I am sorta confused here...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • ToxicRattToxicRatt Member
    When is the update hitting for Android?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Hm, skins that you get by completing dungeons sounds cool! Kind of like a lore extension. Hope we see more of that.

After Krexx's encounter at the Garden of Evil... he was never the same again.
    Is there going to be new music for the jungle levels as well?
  • Is there going to be new music for the jungle levels as well?

Is there special music for different dungeons? I always keep my sound off. :P
    Is there going to be new music for the jungle levels as well?

Is there special music for different dungeons? I always keep my sound off. :P

Yeah, every level has it's own music. The ice and fire levels are actually pretty cool sounding.
  • Mati01Mati01 Member
    Jee Magic Tomes! and I am pretty sure i just got 3 green totems from a single run. Not bad.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Wonder how fast we can make level 80. It's been a very long time since experience points were relevant for me.
  • Wow. Loving the jungle art/design!
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    It's a race, first one to post photo proof of reaching player Lvl 80, in this thread, wins! (no photoshop cheating) :)
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    It's a race, first one to post photo proof of reaching player Lvl 80, in this thread, wins! (no photoshop cheating) :)

Some folks are already 80. Something about buying the 3x boost and buying stam.
  • Just noticed the potion interface looks different when selecting a potion. I mean I haven't selected a potion in ages so maybe this was an old change or I'm just not remembering correctly.

Anyone else notice it?
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Some kind of in-game notification would be nice.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    Possible theme music for new dungeons?

• Electric conductor should also double damage armored allies deal to shocked enemies...
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • graddersgradders Member
    Why can’t I upgrade beyond 70? Already seen people on pvp beyond it but when I try it just won’t budge above 70
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @gradders For clarification, what do you mean upgrade? Are you unable to get your player level past 70 or your hero's levels past 70?
    @Joel Ahh. I had forgotten about player level. I meant hero level. It’s song long since I wondered about player level. How does that move again, he asks, 2 and a half years into playing...
    And just to be clear all my heroes allow me to now add potions but once the bar is full it says ,max level, which was annoying as I was pressing the button quickly and burnt top level potion!
    Hero levels are capped at your player level (the only exception being that players under level 5 can have heroes up to level 5). When you get to level 71, your heroes can become level 71.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Does anyone yet know if Alex's new Reflecting Shield passive:

1) Causes barbs to get stacks of rage, triggers bestial counter-attacks, and the like? I'm guessing "no", but I'd like to be sure.
    2) Is affected by DR (i.e. barbs with 5 stacks of rage lowering reflected damage by 75% if Drakk's leading them)?

My Alex is unascended so I can't try it out for myself.
    @joel. Thanks for that but how, 5 mins after the update, did I meet a pvp team at level 72? Trying to remember how player level raises it’s slow. There’s no quick way to upgrade, is there?
    Quick-looting provides XP, so players could potentially spend a ton of stamina to increase their level relatively quickly. I find it difficult to believe someone had it done 5 minutes after the update, but I know there are players who are quickly increasing their level.
  • toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited May 24
    @joel does mythical beasts increase max health runes applied, because it's only affecting my jabbers health by 1k...

Also 5 and 4 stars don't have any higher numbers, the 5 star is still 60% and 4 star is still 40%
    @joel does mythical beasts increase max health runes applied, because it's only affecting my jabbers health by 1k...

Also 5 and 4 stars don't have any higher numbers, the 5 star is still 60% and 4 star is still 40%

How do you know exactly how much it's affecting his health?
    Also, just realized that Alexandros could potentially really punish Barbarian teams... Instant damage reflect against their waves upon waves of attacks could really whittle them down fast.