No more free rune unequips?

I've never understood the reason to make unequipping runes so expensive and unless I've missed it, we haven't had a free unequip event in months. Is there any chance we will have a similar event in the future?

Comments

• They realized people were using free/cheap rune unequip to enjoy the game instead of buy gold. Frankly it was an easy decision to cancel such events.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    The reason? $$$.

I do not agree with their decision, but I am a mere customer among millions. Its their company.

I am a believer in "sustainable profit" not "maximum profit". I fear I may be in the minority.

(maybe I should make that my forum signature..)
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    It’s my fault. I have 1.4 billion gold and there we be no free rune unequips until I get rid of it. I was saving it for Victoria’s wedding ring.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    jkwings wrote: »
    I've never understood the reason to make unequipping runes so expensive and unless I've missed it, we haven't had a free unequip event in months. Is there any chance we will have a similar event in the future?

You think 204,843 gold is expensive? That's the most it costs per rune unequip.

I've been swapping runes around for every event, recently leveled up a bunch of hero skills, and have hovered around 200,000,000 gold in the bank for months without running gold island more than once or twice in all that time.

If you are short of gold, run gold island every day.

• danacdanac Member
    Barleyman wrote: »
    jkwings wrote: »

You think 204,843 gold is expensive? That's the most it costs per rune unequip.

I've been swapping runes around for every event, recently leveled up a bunch of hero skills, and have hovered around 200,000,000 gold in the bank for months without running gold island more than once or twice in all that time.

If you are short of gold, run gold island every day.

you make a good point- they initially made rune unequipping expensive because they wanted people to create more instead of just making 20 and swapping them around.

But it's way cheaper to swap elite runes than create new ones.