Patch Notes: June 14th, 2018 (Sir William & ASSASSINS!)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited June 14 in Patch Notes
Sir William Rework:
  • Increased Attack, Defense, Health, and Skill.
  • Guarding Strike's cooldown has been reduced from 6 to 3.
  • Smack Down is now Last Stand. Last Stand does a melee physical attack against a targeted enemy, deals splash damage to other enemies, and adds the Unbreakable Heart buff to all allies. Cooldown: 4.
  • Beast Hunter, Fire Hunter, or Fear Immune passives removed.
  • Water Guard has been split into Water Guard I/II/III, increasing the defense of all Water allies by 10%/15%/20% respectively.
  • Now gets the Courageous Knight passive after being ascended once. This passive prevents Fear, and allows Sir William to jump in front of a single target attack that would kill an ally (similar to Vigilance).
  • Now gets the Tit for Tat passive after being ascended once. This passive guarantees that Sir William will do a critical hit on the attack after he takes a critical hit himself, even if it's against a Nature hero.
  • Now gets the Protector of the Realm passive after being ascended twice. This passive allows Sir William to deal 2x damage to, and take less damage from Beasts, Demons, Monsters, and Undead enemies.

Shadowblade Rework:
  • Defense+, Health+++
  • Shadowblade now has the Assassin family tag.
  • The cooldown for From the Shadows has been reduced from 6 to 5.
  • Vampiric Shuriken's damage type has been changed from Spirit to Physical.
  • Sickly Slice is now Poisoned Blade, which does a melee physical attack against a targeted enemy and has a chance to poison them.
  • Shifty passive removed.
  • Now gets the Martial Artist passive, which provides increased dodge and increases Crit chance.
  • Now gets the Your Loss My Gain passive after being ascended twice. This passive allows Shadowblade to gain energy when he KO's an enemy.
  • Now gets the Forbidden Technique passive after being ascended twice. This passive gives Assassin allies increased evasion when starting a dungeon.

Black Diamond Rework:
  • Defense++, Health++++, Skill-
  • Black Diamond now has the Assassin family tag.
  • The cooldown for Blade Storm has been reduced from 6 to 5, and its damage output has been increased.
  • The cooldown for Assassinate has been reduced from 6 to 4, and its damage output has been increased.
  • The cooldown for Assassin's Wrath has been reduced from 7 to 5.
  • Agile and Light Crusade passives removed.
  • Now gets the Martial Artist passive, which provides increased dodge and increases Crit chance.
  • Now gets the Light Assault passive after being ascended once. This passive gives all Light allies the Martial Artist passive.
  • Now gets the Surprise Technique passive after being ascended twice. This passive gives all Assassin allies a chance to apply the "Off-Balance" debuff on a basic attack hit.
  • Now gets the Master Assassin passive after being ascended twice. This passive increases the damage that allies deal when a single-target attack gets a crit.

Sifu Jianzhi Rework:
  • Attack-, Defense++, Health++, Skill-
  • Sifu now has the Assassin family tag.
  • Sifu no longer has the Healer class tag, he is now just a Warrior.
  • Heal Ally is now Warrior's Chi. Warrior's Chi heals Sifu and gives allied Assassins and Warriors increased defense, 1 energy, and Haste. Cooldown: 3.
  • Rampage is now Precise Rampage. This ability does a melee Chi attack on a targeted enemy and 2 random enemies that are guaranteed to hit. These attacks can't be reduced or mitigated. Cooldown: 4.
  • Shifty and Shocking Grasp passives removed.
  • Now gets the Way of the Monk passive after being ascended once. This passive makes him immune to crits and allows him to start dungeons with an Aegis Shield.
  • Now gets the Field Dressing after being ascended once. This passive allows Sifu to heal himself at the end of each round.
  • Now gets the Pressure Point Strikes passive after being ascended twice. This passive gives Sifu a chance to paralyze enemies when he lands a crit.
  • Now gets the Secret Technique passive after being ascended twice. This passive gives all Assassins allies shield piercing on their basic attacks.

Masuta Kira Rework:
  • Attack-, Defense+, Skill-, Health+
  • Kira now has the Assassin family tag.
  • Death Blossom now deals increased damage and purges 1 buff on a hit.
  • Shifty passive removed.
  • Now gets the Stealth Technique passive after being ascended twice. This passive gives all Assassin allies a chance to enter Stealth mode at the start of a dungeon and at the end of a round. Stealth gives a hero a 50% damage reduction boost (stacks multiplicatively).

Other fixes:
  • Fixed the wording on Bramble's Critical Goblin Stench flyoff.
  • Expanded wording on a few Taunts that didn't quite explain what a taunt does.
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Does Masuta Kira get the Assassin family tag like Sifu, Black Diamond, and Shadowblade?
  • And does sifus precise rampage pierce unbridled rage ?
    Level - 75
    Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • appleapple Member
    No he gets ****
  • appleapple Member
    I say b u t t not swear sheesh
  • appleapple Member
    Also make tower harder please. Very fun
  • Very nice. This should allow for more variety finally and I thought I saw someone suggest chi for Sifu xD Looks like they do use our ideas
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    lythander wrote: »
    Does Masuta Kira get the Assassin family tag like Sifu, Black Diamond, and Shadowblade?

Yes. Added that to the notes, my bad. There were a lot of bullet points. :tongue:
    hudson1520 wrote: »
    And does sifus precise rampage pierce unbridled rage ?

Yep!
  • danacdanac Member
    yay! MK's attack lowered even more!

For a while he was still capable of doing some damage.
  • danac wrote: »
    yay! MK's attack lowered even more!

For a while he was still capable of doing some damage.

Back in my day I ran the tower on auto with MK, Shade, Shadowblade and Yasmin and would rarely have any of them die.
  • And does secret technique pierce unbridled rage too?
    Level - 75
    Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
    Also forgot to add a significant bit to Death Blossom: Purges 1 buff on hit. Updated notes.
  • Bet everyone will be using MK and BD now. I kinda want to
  • I want to Sifu to strike fear into the heart of...well it’s Sifu. Just make him semi-usable.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    I get the feeling that the new Light hero will be an Assassin, and probably a bit powerful/broken.

Does that mean poor Aria will be left in the dust?
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    I think the new hero won't be legendary, so probably not.
  • Sifu and allies get shield piercing...meaning we can kill barbs that have the shield from unbridled rage?
  • Looks like the new Sir William will still be Agnon fodder.
    Joel wrote: »

The cooldown for Blade Storm has been reduced from 6 to 5, and it's damage output has been increased.
    The cooldown for Assassinate has been reduced from 6 to 4, and it's damage output has been increased.

Wrong

The cooldown for Blade Storm has been reduced from 6 to 5, and its damage output has been increased.
    The cooldown for Assassinate has been reduced from 6 to 4, and its damage output has been increased.

Correct.

It's and its do not mean the same thing.
    So your saying its wrong?
  • NobodyPi wrote: »
    So your saying its wrong?

Actually, its right :D
  • Looks like I’ll work on wiki contributing today. :open_mouth:
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
    @Barleyman, you're indeed correct. Fixed. Now it's exactly as it should be, with the its lacking an apostrophe. :)
  • Best Hunter -> should be Beast Hunter :)
    I appreciate the copy editing!
  • StinkyStinky Member
    At the risk of sounding negative, why change SB from dealing disease to dealing poison? Disease lowers damage and suppresses crit, poison just deals a bit of damage. Hm, I wonder if the new hero will deal bonus damage to poisoned enemies or something?

Stealth technique sounds great, but:
    a) what is the chance? I mean, even a 50% chance to get mitigation for the round sounds hecka risky, whereas stuff like Mammoth Guard and rage are 100%
    b) is this chance significantly increased by skill? In other words, could a skilled-up MK reliably protect himself and Assassin buddies?
    We should make a group who fixes Joel's mistakes, and then we get to know the content 10 minutes early!
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 14
    Also, we should get to hang around Joel all day, every day.

"Hey Joel, you left the bedroom light on."
    "Hey, Joel! Don't forget, you need to take the next left."
    "Joel, gonna need more milk, I just drank the last of yours."
    "Hey Joel. Joel. JOEL. ARE YOU LISTENING TO US JOEL? JOOOEEEELLLLL."
    OK, when's our first meeting?
  • StinkyStinky Member
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    OK, when's our first meeting?
    I've already booked my flight.
    I've already boarded my flight.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I like what I'm seeing here, but I have two complaints.

1, Sifu should be Fast as well and keep his Healer tag.

2, Why did you lower MK and Sifu's Atk! If you ask me, you should've BUFFED their attack. Clearly the Assassins are meant to deal damage and win fights by killing their enemies rather than toughing it out (kind of like how the Barbarians work), but this makes it seem like their Attack is just going to be mediocre.

No, seriously. I like the buffs, but the heroes that are now the 'Assassins' were in such a pitifully weak spot before, that this isn't going to save them. The least you could do is keep their Atk untouched, if not buff it.

But fine, I'll let it sit and see how powerful they are. But in a week, if the community still seems them as useless heroes, I really hope you can quickly change them again.