Patch Notes: June 14th, 2018 (Sir William & ASSASSINS!)

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Also, what about Indigo, Willow, and Aria? They don't really feel like they'd be assassins, but they're definitely in need of some love! Seeing as how these heroes are mostly heroes that were previously Fast Rogues, and they all got... more or less buffed - Then I think it's only fair that the other Rogues (excluding Nimrel cuz she just got reworked) get reworked next.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I could see Indigo as an assassin. Indigo's smiling all the time because she loves to kill people, not because she's a nice person.

She's ice type, so they could even give her a trait called "cold-blooded killer" that synergizes with other assassins; currently at max ascension she gets a single target slow attack (which doesn't really gel with the rest of her skill set) and that's it, so there's room for a new trait.

I suspect Aria's going to get some love when the new hero is released, what with BD now giving out Off-Balance on normal attacks.
    I think Black Diamond should have gotten a passive to Wound on CRIT, and then make her Blade Storm have an increased CRIT chance. How can you literally throw your enemies into a spinning tornado of sharpened steel, and not leave a single one wounded?
    Lmao, guys. You're all missing the best part of this update:

Black Diamond's 'Assassinate' ability now has a yellow background instead of a dark magenta one.

We've all been saved from horrible color palettes!
  • SocklessSockless Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding negative, why change SB from dealing disease to dealing poison? Disease lowers damage and suppresses crit, poison just deals a bit of damage. Hm, I wonder if the new hero will deal bonus damage to poisoned enemies or something?

Because unlike Disease, poison deals damage that will kill a Barb that SB zeroes out into unbridled rage when he gets to the next round.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Sockless wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding negative, why change SB from dealing disease to dealing poison? Disease lowers damage and suppresses crit, poison just deals a bit of damage. Hm, I wonder if the new hero will deal bonus damage to poisoned enemies or something?

Because unlike Disease, poison deals damage that will kill a Barb that SB zeroes out into unbridled rage when he gets to the next round.
    Fair enough. I thought that Piercing Strikes worked on specials as well as normals, but I'd misread it.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Yay assassins team B)
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 72 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • Talks of flights , level capped Express?
  • Indigo would be another good assassin. Change her rapid fire shot to split into multiple arrows with each crit and silence so every time you crit the shot will hit 2 random and silence, then keep splitting for every crit, going until you don't crit.
  • coneyKconeyK Member

Shadowblade also has a chance to Disease on Crit. With his already high Crit Rate, and From the Shadows being a guaranteed Crit, this is actually a positive change because he can output two debuffs now.
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    BD + Aria is a great combo.
  • coneyK wrote: »

Shadowblade also has a chance to Disease on Crit. With his already high Crit Rate, and From the Shadows being a guaranteed Crit, this is actually a positive change because he can output two debuffs now.

Plus put him on a dark team with, say, Shade, Hopper and Zomm, and the others can spread disease while he spreads the poison.

It's the heroes you can't de-buff like Agno and Emily that cause me the most headaches in PvP. I've got the Barbs covered, unless the team is 3-4 levels above me and just beat my attacking team down with superior stats.
    To deal with Agnon and Emily, in theory, you need to get rid of Graniteform or Aegis Shield first. Now, MK could do both immediately. Then, if well-runed, Shadowblade could take care of the first one, and Sifu the second one. However, they might not be strong enough yet. Another option is to try to use Agnon, Koros, or Barbs to deal high damage.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Since we're doing tooltip cleanups, Bauble's "IFF Targetting" has a random "^" at the end. Your country thanks you for your service.
  • Assasin team is, great, daeris and aria would fit perfectly, hope new hero will be from same team.
  • Mert92Mert92 Member
    ****... so close to getting my character into the game xD
  • Mert92Mert92 Member
    Shameless self promotion >:)
    hjfjf9obzsy3.png
    g4s64mthebg2.jpg

• That looks pretty wicked man. Reminds me of this guy:
    94jegtoiupih.jpg
  • DevilJhonsDevilJhons Member
    edited June 15
    cool work bro, if things turn like this, wanna see alukard in game) and make aria assasin to, great work DB by the way
  • danacdanac Member
    Also, what about Indigo, Willow, and Aria? They don't really feel like they'd be assassins, but they're definitely in need of some love! Seeing as how these heroes are mostly heroes that were previously Fast Rogues, and they all got... more or less buffed - Then I think it's only fair that the other Rogues (excluding Nimrel cuz she just got reworked) get reworked next.

willow and maybe Indigo are now elves and got that buff with the Nimriel rework.
    Yeah, elves are still so underpowered they got a buff and you didn't notice.

Aria doesn't need anything- she's legendary. And one of the top 3 PVP heroes!

• morillimorilli Member
    I thought all atks had been buffed. Oh Wait! I see MK got a nerf to his basic attack. Or at least that is how I read it. Not cool DB. You guys seem to have the mad on for MK. I would like to see Death Blossom go back to two attacks per enemy.

Haven't really had a chance to play SB since the change. What little I have doesn't seem to make all that much difference. Slight reduction in damage it seems. I did see a whole lot more of him in PVP then I ever have. SB last attack, Sickly Slice, being changed does more damage this way. It is also a way around dark immune (disease immune) characters. Poison is not going to do Jack versus constructs but then again disease didn't do anything to them either. I have no clue if it blade damage then poison or damage from poison. Makes a difference.

Sifu should be fast. But now that he can pierce through Unbridled Rage he may be played some more.
  • morillimorilli Member
    danac wrote: »
    Aria doesn't need anything- she's legendary. And one of the top 3 PVP heroes!

:) Yeah she is! Says so right there in black and white. or Red and White.

Seriously though I feel she needs a little attention. Maybe just boost her attacks some.

• Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    I'm not complaining but what's with all the "deals splash damage" abilities lately? Emily, Malice, and now sir William
  • morillimorilli Member
    Good way to have AOE on a ST attack?
    Yeah, right now the splash damage is useful for killing barbs at 1 health and getting rid of Aegis shields, especially on Emily.
  • I like what I'm seeing here, but I have two complaints.

1, Sifu should be Fast as well and keep his Healer tag.

2, Why did you lower MK and Sifu's Atk! If you ask me, you should've BUFFED their attack. Clearly the Assassins are meant to deal damage and win fights by killing their enemies rather than toughing it out (kind of like how the Barbarians work), but this makes it seem like their Attack is just going to be mediocre.

No, seriously. I like the buffs, but the heroes that are now the 'Assassins' were in such a pitifully weak spot before, that this isn't going to save them. The least you could do is keep their Atk untouched, if not buff it.

But fine, I'll let it sit and see how powerful they are. But in a week, if the community still seems them as useless heroes, I really hope you can quickly change them again.

It’s not Zhû, but it’ll do!
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • I apologize for the dumb question (chalk it up to lack of sleep) but how do people see these changes affecting the meta? Having some heroes that can pierce unbridled rage sound nice but I don't think that any of these heroes would survive in a fight long enough with the barbs to get to that point.

I know that some players really like these heroes so I would live to hear your thoughts. They have never played a major role on my roster so I would like to learn how to make better use of them.

As always, thank you for your guidance :)
  • They wont affect the meta unless this new character makes them relevant. Even if you gave everyone an aegis shield, they wont beat the barbarian team.
  • danacdanac Member
    PugsOfWar wrote: »
    I apologize for the dumb question (chalk it up to lack of sleep) but how do people see these changes affecting the meta? Having some heroes that can pierce unbridled rage sound nice but I don't think that any of these heroes would survive in a fight long enough with the barbs to get to that point.

They dodge like the dickens.

I have used them to clear anywhere from 1-3 floors of barbarians per tower.
  • danac wrote: »
    They dodge like the dickens.

I have used them to clear anywhere from 1-3 floors of barbarians per tower.

@danac - Wow! I'd love to know what runes you are using on each member of your team. Is it just assassins or are you augmenting them with someone like Solaris or Emily?