hero ordering- as if the tower wasn't hard enough

did two towers today

tower 1 one floor:
me:Shadowblade, Torchy, Lupina, Goretusk vs def=Abigail Shade Balog Draxx
Abigail and shade attacked before Shadowblade got his turn.

tower 2 one floor
me: Valkin Daegar Therand Rogar vs def= Rocky Abigail Lilly Draxx
Lilly and Draxx went before Valkin.

afik, there's nothing here that could even possibly alter hero ordering, yet two times the defense skipped ahead.

Comments

• Floor 1: abi attacked GT and become slow, Shade became first fast and attacked next.
  • danacdanac Member
    was thinking heroes were slowed on being hit, not hitting.

Which is why i had put my GT last.

• I have no idea about the second option. Even if there was a bug where Lily’s 2nd move reordered your team (a la gg), one of your heroes still should have gone before Valkin. Weird.
  • morillimorilli Member
    Your first normal speed hero will go after the first def normal speed hero. In your Valkin line up Rocky went before you and hastened the entire team. Which is why Lilly and Draxx went before your team. At least I think that is what happened. Based on the assumption that defense is full energy at the start of the fight and Rocky was first up in defense.
  • morilli wrote: »
    Your first normal speed hero will go after the first def normal speed hero. In your Valkin line up Rocky went before you and hastened the entire team. Which is why Lilly and Draxx went before your team. At least I think that is what happened. Based on the assumption that defense is full energy at the start of the fight and Rocky was first up in defense.
    morilli wrote: »

Haste doesn't make the hero fast, it gives them second turn.
  • First one definitely is due to Goretusk.

Second one, not sure.
  • morillimorilli Member
    I am all confused now. I can't remember if the defense goes first in any PVP match or not. And I can't remember now if Shade goes before Abi or the other way around.

Assuming Defenders go before Attacker then something weird happened in your first scenario. Defending Abi attacks GT. Then GT goes. Then Shade for the defense attacking whomever he felt like. Then Shadowblade for the offense. Then it should have been Lupina and Torchy, since they are both fast hereos and opposing team is normal, attacking before Draxx and Balog. Shade has no synergies with Abigail that would cause Shadowblade to go after them. Very odd.

Second Scenario Rocky and Abigail will go before anyone on your team goes. However unless they killed Valkin, doubtful, even with haste Valkin should have gone before Lilly and Draxx. Even with the defense initiative your Valkin should have at the very least gone before Draxx if not Lilly. The only think I can think of is somehow the defense initiative and haste do things they shouldn't. I am betting that is it. I betting the game decided that Draxx and Lilly where ordered 1and 2 because no matter what position abigail and rocky were in they would go first no matter what. I just can't figure out why all four heroes attacked before your 1 did. Did Valkin die? If so who killed him?

I am just thinking out loud here. Helps me understand the game more.
    I am all confused now. I can't remember if the defense goes first in any PVP match or not. And I can't remember now if Shade goes before Abi or the other way around.

Assuming Defenders go before Attacker then something weird happened in your first scenario. Defending Abi attacks GT. Then GT goes. Then Shade for the defense attacking whomever he felt like. Then Shadowblade for the offense. Then it should have been Lupina and Torchy, since they are both fast hereos and opposing team is normal, attacking before Draxx and Balog. Shade has no synergies with Abigail that would cause Shadowblade to go after them. Very odd.

Second Scenario Rocky and Abigail will go before anyone on your team goes. However unless they killed Valkin, doubtful, even with haste Valkin should have gone before Lilly and Draxx. Even with the defense initiative your Valkin should have at the very least gone before Draxx if not Lilly. The only think I can think of is somehow the defense initiative and haste do things they shouldn't. I am betting that is it. I betting the game decided that Draxx and Lilly where ordered 1and 2 because no matter what position abigail and rocky were in they would go first no matter what. I just can't figure out why all four heroes attacked before your 1 did. Did Valkin die? If so who killed him?

For scenario one, the defending Abi goes 1st and has to hit Goretusk (he has taunt). GT has a trait that attackers who hit him get slowed. Thus, Abi got slowed making her a normal hero and bumping Shade up to Defending Fast #1. Since Shade is now officially defending fast #1, he gets to go before attacking GT. It may not make logical sense for that to happen, but that is currently how the game is programmed.
  • Perfect Dungeon Boss tagline:
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    It may not make logical sense, but that is how the game is programmed.

Rocky and Abigail are both fast, while all attackers are normal speed.

Order should be Rocky, Abi, Lily, then Valkin. The question is, how did Drakk (or was it Krexx) go before Valkin? And who is Daegar?
  • danacdanac Member
    Barleyman wrote: »
    Order should be Rocky, Abi, Lily, then Valkin. The question is, how did Drakk (or was it Krexx) go before Valkin? And who is Daegar?

yellow dwarf, Rogar's father.
    It's been so long since I used him I've forgotten his name.

I put the dwarves there just as a bait team to try and wear down the defense a bit.
    Figured Valkin would freeze then I'd shock and if i got lucky Therand would do some heavy damage, if not Rogar would do spin and give them shock damage.
    But Draxx Pillaged before Valkin could move. Since it was a bait team, it didn't matter, but after the first weird speed thing, it caught my attention.

• morillimorilli Member
    Whatever the green barbs name is. Still having a hard time figuring out why all 4 of that team attacked be even 1 of the attacking team got a chance. I am beginning to think that there is something screwy with haste, fast and initiatives for defense when used all at once.
  • The other possibility is that Danac mis-remembered the team (his or the defenders).
  • danacdanac Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    The other possibility is that Danac mis-remembered the team (his or the defenders).

wrote it down.

the first one with Abi and Shade caught my attention. Now, I can see why it happened, but at the time I coudn't, so it stuck with me.
    An hour or so later, when I did the second tower, and that happened, I stopped and wrote it down right away so i could post it.

It's hard to tell with how arcane their hero ordering is if this is something big. So I posted it on case others see it too.

• morillimorilli Member
    I don't suppose Valkin was dead or incapacitated by the time his turn came? Let's see. Team haste by Rocky, he gets one turn this time. Abigail gets off Furious Charge + 1 basic attack on who? (Valkin? Therand? Rogar?) Lilly gets off Sapping Vines attack + 1 basic. Sapping vines is AOE. Who does she target with her basic? Plus the since the attacking team is all armored their defense is lowered by Lilly's Oxidation allowing more damage to be done. Still lost here. Can't figure out how Draxx got his licks in. Is Valkin a slow or normal speed hero?
  • echonapechonap Member
    I don't suppose Valkin was dead or incapacitated by the time his turn came? Let's see. Team haste by Rocky, he gets one turn this time. Abigail gets off Furious Charge + 1 basic attack on who? (Valkin? Therand? Rogar?) Lilly gets off Sapping Vines attack + 1 basic. Sapping vines is AOE. Who does she target with her basic? Plus the since the attacking team is all armored their defense is lowered by Lilly's Oxidation allowing more damage to be done. Still lost here. Can't figure out how Draxx got his licks in. Is Valkin a slow or normal speed hero?

Dude, this is the second post on this thread where you sound completely lost. Lily with haste will use Vines followed by Pollen Cloud. She won't use a basic attack until her fourth turn.
  • danacdanac Member

Valkin was barely alive. Valkin is normal speed.