Rune Power & PvP Matching

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I wanted confirmation. Is total rune power tied to PvP? I'm getting a lot of users a few lvls higher than me and with much higher rune power. Does removing runes or adding change who I get? I've heard to take runes off any heroes not used and it will give you easier matches but I don't notice it.

Comments

• Removing runes will definitely make the tower easier. I would think PVP too but I'm not totally sure.
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited June 12
    I've noticed a difference in keeping 16 heroes having runes versus 6 heroes having runes in PVP. I think there are thresholds of who you get, like if your rune power is within 160K-165K, you get a certain set versus 170k-180k. I don't know if the breakdown is every 10k or every 5k. If you are in the middle of a threshold, then removing runes may not much of a difference because you didn't drop down a threshold.

For the tower, I think it's generated based on the last PVP battle that you did when you first open it after your local 12am time. So if you defeat a far left easy opponent, I've noticed that the tower is generally easier than when I first open it rather than after fighting a far right hard opponent and then opening it.
  • MaxBeamerMaxBeamer Member
    edited June 14
    PvP difficultly is tied to total hero roster power, BUT if your strong enough it doesn’t matter. I constantly fight people that are a higher level than me but rarely lose unless a team has really, REALLY good runes. The tower can be gamed or fooled into thinking you are weak and then give you easier teams. @Rocksor almost has it. Before you open a new tower run 5 of the easiest dungeons. You can do the first 5 in normal campaign. I usually do the zero stam island dungeons and then finish with chapter 1 normal campaign dungeons and my towers are easy.
  • MaxBeamer wrote: »
    @Rocksor almost has it. Before you open a new tower run 5 of the easiest dungeons. You can do the first 5 in normal campaign. I usually do the zero stam island dungeons and then finish with chapter 1 normal campaign dungeons and my towers are easy.

Has anyone confirmed this technique by @MaxBeamer - I doubt the devs would comment so do other players find that this leads to easier towers?

Even though I have usually beaten the tower, lately it has become much more of a close call. So I figured it was worth putting aside my skepticism and trying to run easy dungeons before the entering the tower. The result was the worst tower experience I have had in a very long time. I will admit that the first 6 floors were easier than expected - even the barbarian floors. At this point I was thinking that the technique was working. Then floors 7/8 wiped out most of my full roster - including all of my first tier teams. I never made to floors 9-11 but they looked to be more of the same brutality.

One bad experience does not make a rule (or correction does not imply causation) so I am not ready to give up on easier towers yet. However I would feel better if multiple people were finding an approach effective.

Please let me know about your experiences. Thank you for the assistance :)
  • @PugsOfWar I don’t know, maybe it’s just my imagination but I really think it works. I am level 57 with a total roster power just a shade under 305k. If tower difficulty is based on that I should be getting very hard towers, but I did my little trick and today I have Drakk on floors 6 and 7. That’s it! No other Barbs to be found anywhere and the Drakk on floor 7 isn’t even ascended. It is a very easy tower.

Now on my level 70 account it doesn’t seem to work as well. I usually see 3 or 4 Barb teams, but I always manage to beat the tower. Especially with the assassins to use against them now too.
  • @MaxBeamer - Thanks for the response. I wonder if it has to do with account level or roster power. I am level 72 (rp of 440K) and it did not seem to work for me (at least not on all 11 floors). The last half of the tower was all barb floors intermixed with Emily+GT+Agnon floors (usually with Ferno if memory serves). Plus the first half had at least one barb floor and an Emily floor.

I had been beating the tower regularly until a few days ago. However, the increased number of barb floors and Emily floors were causing too many close calls where I just barely squeaked by a tower completion. I figured my luck was going to run out soon. I tried moving some of my runes around to help my starters but it did not help - might have even hurt since I have not finished a tower since then. Sigh.