Spammer/scammer in general chat

StinkyStinky Member
edited June 13 in Bugs & Technical Issues
I can take a screenshot if necessary. Dude's name is "VIPGIFT" and he spaces out the name of the link to get around any spam filters that are in place. "Free gems", apparently. (I've never tried to link in chat so I don't know if such filters are in place, but that's a guess. Otherwise it's just annoying formatting on his part.)

Comments

• Here you go.
  • x5yh0jzfwnf8.png
  • Burn Him, Burn Him alive (Starts A campaign)

Why did we start gaming as gamers to buy stuff? (Majority say no but the guy in the very back says yes)
    Why do we game, to see scammers reminding us how troll life Really is? (everyone says no, Ignorance is bliss)

Exactly, join my army, help me burn these people alive, I already told one he couldn't dab... That showed him/her/other!

All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Still going strong after 6 hours. Is there no-one checking these things, in or out of game?
    fzo0osvzmroy.jpg
  • Work should start within the next couple hours. We’ll see if we get a response from Joel.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • I went to one of these sites before in a samdbox and it tried to silently install trojan plugins and still have be a functional enough site to ask for info to send gems lol. One of those people that wastes their time to write a spambot and doesn't even benefit from it, so pointless.
  • BryanBryan Member
    Might I suggest that we soon look at appointing in-game chat moderators, even on a voluntary basis?
    Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • taz67taz67 Member
    @joel there’s a spammer in chat. User name VIPGIFT.
    chxfc580bw28.png
  • morillimorilli Member
    Saw him last night. I put him on ignore since there was no way to report him for being an obvious annoying twit of a spammer/scammer. I favor @toothlessmon idea but only a little bit more drastic. Death by a thousand cuts but at the 999th cut then we burn him.
  • I don't think they will mod chat... it's just a bunch of senseless kids saying random things or asking questions they can answer with 20 min of playing. Plus, do you guys think they could do it? Look at the tower xD
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Taken care of.
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    @Joel redundant thread needing closing...
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions