view tower opponent runes

the tower was basically a joke before, so the more .. challenging? .. tower has actually been a bit interesting.

however, with the new level cap, and the opening of high level runes for purchase, i find it incredibly frustrating when i come up against a low level team in the tower that is very obviously decked out in some really high dollar runes.

those levels have single handedly ruined tower runs before. sending in your normal clear team, only to find a lvl 64 lilly nearly indestructible and recovering 50% hp per round, is frustrating.

bottom line, i think we need to be able to see what these teams are armed with.
soon™ - it's the answer to everything

Comments

• I don't believe runes are used. There's no way. My fights are far too easy.
  • oredithoredith Member
    I don't believe runes are used. There's no way. My fights are far too easy.
    i know for a fact that runes are used, because i get electrocuted and frozen enough from attacking opponents who don't have any sort of passives for that.
  • oredith wrote: »
    I don't believe runes are used. There's no way. My fights are far too easy.
    i know for a fact that runes are used, because i get electrocuted and frozen enough from attacking opponents who don't have any sort of passives for that.

Psych was joking.

I don't see why the tower can't use the same gateway as PvP, where you can see runes and also see the opposing's line up as you pick your team.

It's been asked for before, you'd think it would be really easy to use a section of coding from one part of the game in another similar part of the game, but apparently it's harder than rocket science.
  • oredithoredith Member
    Barleyman wrote: »
    I don't see why the tower can't use the same gateway as PvP, where you can see runes and also see the opposing's line up as you pick your team.

It's been asked for before, you'd think it would be really easy to use a section of coding from one part of the game in another similar part of the game, but apparently it's harder than rocket science.
    one thing I had to remind guild mates this morning - Tower is not pvp, so % damage reduction in PVP does not factor in at all.

made some people have to reconsider their rune choices.

but to your point, i think they can't use the same coding for pvp because people doesn't have contingencies for continuation of a fight, so if the tower worked that way, it'd probably be even more complicated and even more prone to bugs.