Tanking Time (Event & Updates Now Live!)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
m9vbf9jt6fde.png

The Tanks were prepping for a nice weekend of taking damage for their teammates and crushing some skulls along the way, but then some sneaky Assassins sneaked (snuck?) up behind them and joined the fight!

During the event, all Tanks get the Brute Squad passive which lets them take less damage from non-Tank heroes and deal 3x damage to non-Tank heroes. Talk about hitting like a... well, a tank.

Plus, we've reworked Sir William and four other heroes that now make up the Assassin family. Read all about the changes here!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• wagdoggwagdogg Member
    It’s not live on mine
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    If it's not live within five minutes, let me know.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • wagdoggwagdogg Member
    Ok
  • wagdoggwagdogg Member
    It’s live now thanks
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Hey, I like the tank rune. For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, it's blue def/def/HP and starts off character with a taunt - cool idea for a fourth stat!

I'm 100% gonna get this, and add once again that there should be a way for people to get these cool runes after the event, even if it's a nasty amount of aether. Alright, thanks for listening. You were listening, right? :(
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    I was facing a Furnace that started taunting? I think? And then used his taunt.
  • edited June 14
    People can't complain as much about the tower now. Now I can use Kobal and SB to get easy kills and stay energized.
  • MaxBeamerMaxBeamer Member
    edited June 14
    A question about the tank rune. If we buy the rune and put it on a non tank(caster, rogue, etc.), will they start a dungeon or PvP raid taunting? That could be fun if so.
    Also it is too bad that this rune is blue. It would be a perfect fourth stat for Astrid.
  • edited June 14
    Will the total amount of event tickets that the quests give (including the quests coming on days 2, 3, and 4) add up to exactly 50,000? Fingers crossed they will give out a couple thousand more so I have a better chance of getting the rune.

P.S. Can you use the 50k rune on a non-tank hero?
    There was once a savage goblin by the name of Squinch
    When he delves into dungeons he makes his enemies flinch
    Shredding wolfs, beasts, and sumo's alike
    It would be foolish to call this hero a little tyke
  • @CrimsonCrusader, great minds..........
  • Yes someone answer before I waste time getting the rune xD
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Tanks vs Assassins, hmmm...
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 72 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Interesting that Sir William can grant all allies 'Unbreakable Heart' (Icebloom's old unique passive buff). I do hope Icebloom gets a rework soon, although such a thing would probably only realistically happen next winter - If at all. Perhaps IGOROK too.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 15
    Man, I wish Leo could have this tank-event buff all the time. My favourite paladin-lion is actually a lot of fun right now. I even went and did that boss mode dungeon that requires an all-light team, using him as a damage dealer. He's no Agnon but it still felt good to purge some non-believers.
    Interesting that Sir William can grant all allies 'Unbreakable Heart' (Icebloom's old unique passive buff). I do hope Icebloom gets a rework soon, although such a thing would probably only realistically happen next winter - If at all. Perhaps IGOROK too.
    Selwyn got his rework done out of the blue, so I don't see why Icebloom can't get a bit of love. All she needs is to give frozen allies damage reduction as well as a heal - 75% ought to do the trick.
    Post edited by Stinky on
  • (Only concern is if quests add up to about 50,000 - some of these 10/10 repeatable quests use a lot of resources for some of us and that makes it a hard resource climb for the rune. If its an attempt to get me to buy some tickets to make the difference, I won't do that - will buy when its "fun" and not when the quests try to coerce me into it.)

(- just my opinion, otherwise event is good.)
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    sirtainly wrote: »
    (Only concern is if quests add up to about 50,000 - some of these 10/10 repeatable quests use a lot of resources for some of us and that makes it a hard resource climb for the rune. If its an attempt to get me to buy some tickets to make the difference, I won't do that - will buy when its "fun" and not when the quests try to coerce me into it.)

If you finish all the day 1 quests plus the repeatables you're at 40k tickets.
  • danacdanac Member

P.S. Can you use the 50k rune on a non-tank hero?

the way I read it, it seemed pretty clear the taunt was an added buff, so not related to any hero type.

• morillimorilli Member
    Ewww...Start a dungeon taunting. Annoying!

Brute Squad:
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited June 15
    kpung07 wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »
    (Only concern is if quests add up to about 50,000 - some of these 10/10 repeatable quests use a lot of resources for some of us and that makes it a hard resource climb for the rune. If its an attempt to get me to buy some tickets to make the difference, I won't do that - will buy when its "fun" and not when the quests try to coerce me into it.)

If you finish all the day 1 quests plus the repeatables you're at 40k tickets.

In order to finish the "win 4 raids with a tank (10/10) I need to do 40 successful raids. Right now almost all my matches are barb teams,many over my level (70), and I win very fewn.

If someone could suggest a solid anti-barb team I could use my changes would improve greatly (even though I'll still be pushing for raid tickets.)

I'm 70, most roster is greater/superior.

Have read lots of discussions - good anti barb team still eluding me in pvp and tower.
  • Emily and Ferno is what you need. Rocky is also good to pair with Ferno and it will give Drakk another attack too. The assassins might work too. Koros also works. There's plenty of barb counters.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 15
    Assuming Shade + barbs and as someone who doesn't have the festive runes to put on Emily for round one cleansing, I find that Goretusk, Zomm and then two of [Emily, Agnon, Ferno] has the best chance. Emily is insurance in case Zomm dies in the initial onslaught - or if you're lucky, Ferno dies after being silenced, so Emily can res him with Haste and bonus energy. Ferno is there strictly to apply Wildfire. Agnon is Agnon. Despite my Ferno being crit capped, I have had matches where the little blighter fails to set someone on fire; if he still hasn't done it by round three you're kinda up the creek, since the idea is to spread Disease and Wildfire to every barb you can. Good luck.

The event dungeon dropping a rune 100% of the time is nice for the rune repeatables (what I assume you refer to at the end there), so thanks for that, devs.
  • morillimorilli Member
    edited June 15
    Emily, Ferno, Lilly, + something that can pierce Unbridled Rage. Does Emily count as a flying hero? She has wings.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 15
    I wish Emily counted as a flying hero, but no. Neither do the imp bros., and they have wings too. Also, how do you get around Lily being silenced?
  • morillimorilli Member
    Her passive will boost Ferno, and provide him extra damage. Emily will cleanse the debuff.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 15
    If you don't have those Festive runes, though, you won't be able to use Emily's Cleanse until turn three. Maybe Sirt has those, I don't know, but otherwise you're out of luck. (I'm out of luck.) You might as well use Agnon instead of Lily, because he'll also double Ferno's damage against barbs, as well as be immune to debuffs and has Graniteform to help out. Not to mention the whole "Agnon brutally murders dudes" thing.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited June 15
    Ok so goretusk, zomm, ferno, agnon, emily instead of fernoor agnon if I have the festive rune(s) so she can cleanse first round or I want insurance.

That assumes spade+barbs - what about pure barbs? Same?

(EDIT : I have one festive rune on my Zomm so he can eat brains quicker..don't think I got 2nd one..don't remember why)
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Pure barbs feels easier, since you can actually control Balog with Goretusk's freeze etc. It's shrouded Balog that makes the fight so hard. (Well, that and the occasional team that does insane damage and wipes me out, even through GT and Ferno's defenses. Ho hum.)

I would definately pop that energy rune on Emily; aoe cleanse is so powerful on an undebuffable character that you want it asap.
  • but now there's MK so if you make him def he could purge balog then you can freeze with gt. mk may be the answer to shade/balog
  • I'm wondering what happens if you put the tank rune on Agnon.
  • People can't complain as much about the tower now. Now I can use Kobal and SB to get easy kills and stay energized.

I always knew shadowblade and kobal would be bros.