Remove the Runes

watermelonewatermelone Member
edited June 17 in Tower of Pwnage Talk
I just found out about 2 weeks ago that some(or all) heroes in the tower have runes. I,for some reason,decided to check it out and i am mad and confused about these two things that happened!

The first one was in floor 2 there was a lvl 53 floor of grog and other peeps but let's just focus on grog. I had a lvl 62 pontifex,shade,SB,and lily. I used chaos storm and what was confusing was that GROG GNOG SURVIVED. EXACTLY HOW DOES A LVL 53 GROG GNOG SURVIVE A LVL 62 CHAOS STORM WITH A SUPERIOR DUELEST RUNE.

The second one was at floor 7,it was a light team of BD,emily,leo,and agustus. I had agnon zomm pontifex(returned) and igo. But then what also confused me was when BD did blade storm IT ONE-SHOTTED ALMOST EVERYONE WITH ATLEAST 10K DAMAGE. AND SHE WAS LVL 62. I'm not sure if they buffed her damage but I am pretty fricken sure THAT BLACK DIAMOND ISN'T SUPPOSED TO ONE-SHOT 3 HEROES WITH 10K DAMAGE WITHOUT RUNES.

So if any dev is reading this,PLEASE REMOVE THE RUNES!(from the tower not the whole game)
Post edited by watermelone on

Comments

• If tower defenses are truly based on real player PvP defenses I think we're going to start seeing some truly impossible towers.

People have been complaining about the tower for several weeks already with the barbarians. I've been lucky and I've not yet failed to complete the tower, but I've had a few scares when key players like Zomm and Emily went down on early floors to apparently soft teams and I have to scramble to create effective teams. Using a few suicide heroes is definitely necessary for me now.

Imagine Black Diamond followed by Masuta Kira, both runed up entirely for attack and damage penetration, followed by Emily reviving one of them for yet another attack, and as a 4th hero someone with the tank rune and all defense - maybe Ecco who can't be killed in the first round, or Leo who is going to revive someone when he goes down. All light allies will have minimum 22% dodge so even if you survive two round of fast attacks you have a good chance to miss with your attack.

Now imagine that for 11 floors.

• StinkyStinky Member
    I suspect the forumla they use for determining a team's power overvalues player level by a lot. My toughest towers recently have been ones with lower level players with obviously powerful runes, probably better than my collection. It should be drawn mostly on rune power, because having the toughest fight in the tower be at floor five seems unintended.
  • You may well be right. I just did the first floor for my tower today and my Shade failed to kill a level 66 Tsume in one hit. That ought to have been a gimme.

Without seeing the runes though, who can tell? Raising a hero's skills only adds 10 or 11 points to their power rating. A single rune can add 311 points. Seems like runes are going to be a lot more important than levels, until you find that you can't freeze or otherwise debuff opponents because of the level difference.
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    If tower defenses are truly based on real player PvP defenses I think we're going to start seeing some truly impossible towers.

People have been complaining about the tower for several weeks already with the barbarians. I've been lucky and I've not yet failed to complete the tower, but I've had a few scares when key players like Zomm and Emily went down on early floors to apparently soft teams and I have to scramble to create effective teams. Using a few suicide heroes is definitely necessary for me now.

Imagine Black Diamond followed by Masuta Kira, both runed up entirely for attack and damage penetration, followed by Emily reviving one of them for yet another attack, and as a 4th hero someone with the tank rune and all defense - maybe Ecco who can't be killed in the first round, or Leo who is going to revive someone when he goes down. All light allies will have minimum 22% dodge so even if you survive two round of fast attacks you have a good chance to miss with your attack.

Now imagine that for 11 floors.

I can't un-imagine that. Cursed image.....
  • They should keep runes but remove or lessen the effect of stat bonuses of hero stars for defensive teams.

Currently 6 star heroes have 100% stat boost. Knock that down to 50% for defensive tower teams. This would make the tower manageable without overly nerfing it.
  • why they cant just make each hero can be used once, so each fight will be against diffetent teams, no same heroes per tower
  • edited June 17
    DevilJhons wrote: »
    why they cant just make each hero can be used once, so each fight will be against diffetent teams, no same heroes per tower

That's not even possible. Just think about how many people use shade, abigail, solaris, etc. Since so many people use these heroes there would be barely any teams left for the tower to choose from. Besides, 11 floors x 4 heroes each = 44 heroes (excluding floor 12 boss). Off the top of my head there are 72-ish heroes in the game, so there aren't enough to create 11 defenses with completely different heroes.
    There was once a savage goblin by the name of Squinch
    When he delves into dungeons he makes his enemies flinch
    Shredding wolfs, beasts, and sumo's alike
    It would be foolish to call this hero a little tyke
  • DevilJhons wrote: »
    why they cant just make each hero can be used once, so each fight will be against diffetent teams, no same heroes per tower

That's not even possible. Just think about how many people use shade, abigail, solaris, etc. Since so many people use these heroes there would be barely any teams left for the tower to choose from. Besides, 11 floors x 4 heroes each = 44 heroes (excluding floor 12 boss). Off the top of my head there are 72-ish heroes in the game, so there aren't enough to create 11 defenses with completely different heroes.

44<72. So it would be easy to have each hero appear only once in the tower. Actually there are 79 heroes currently.

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I don't see why the Tower has to be made out of PvP teams. It would be much more interesting being made of computer-generated teams. Of course, those heroes would still have runes, and be very powerful, but they would be more random. And there could be a limit of 2 uses per hero, so your tower won't be filled with Barbs and Beasts...
  • I don't see why the Tower has to be made out of PvP teams. It would be much more interesting being made of computer-generated teams. Of course, those heroes would still have runes, and be very powerful, but they would be more random. And there could be a limit of 2 uses per hero, so your tower won't be filled with Barbs and Beasts...

I dont know if it's karma or luck but,i only see 2 barbarian teams in the tower and i loose to the 2nd one.
  • morillimorilli Member
    There should be enough combinations to for the game to populate all eleven floors.

4!(79 – 4)! = 1502501 possible combinations for one floor
    1502501/ 11 = 136591 possible combination for the 11 floors of the tower with no repeat and order not factoring in.

I imagine this would get old really quick as the combinations would start to repeat. Don't ask me to explain the math. I knew enough to go looking in google and that's it. Also I make no promises as to how valid my assumptions are on this.
  • morilli wrote: »
    There should be enough combinations to for the game to populate all eleven floors.

4!(79 – 4)! = 1502501 possible combinations for one floor
    1502501/ 11 = 136591 possible combination for the 11 floors of the tower with no repeat and order not factoring in.

I imagine this would get old really quick as the combinations would start to repeat. Don't ask me to explain the math. I knew enough to go looking in google and that's it. Also I make no promises as to how valid my assumptions are on this.

But wouldn't that be a long time since 136,591 is a big number. 136,591/365=374.2. So it would take 374.2 years for the tower to repeat combinations and there DEFINITELY will be new heroes coming to the game so that number would increase.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 18
    I don't see why the Tower has to be made out of PvP teams. It would be much more interesting being made of computer-generated teams. Of course, those heroes would still have runes, and be very powerful, but they would be more random. And there could be a limit of 2 uses per hero, so your tower won't be filled with Barbs and Beasts...
    For the most part, runes are just boring, passive stat buffs. I know that's starting to turn around, with caster and taunt runes now out (thanks, devs!), but why not strip out the tower team runes? At the moment there's not even any way to see what runes an enemy team has in the tower, which is a glaring flaw, so taking out runes again would save devs work in the long run. I'd much rather the devs give the tower teams a passive stat boost that simulates better runes than the current system.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited June 18
    My biggest concern seems to be the "unkillable" heroes. I suspect this is due to level scaling when the opposing team is higher than you, but I worry that healing runes might be involved.

It's disheartening to have all your heroes beat up on one enemy and that enemy seems to take no damage, or very little. It makes for a very long battle, and since there's no way to see that ahead of time, you don't know whether to create a longevity team or a hit-hard-now team.
  • li30li30 Member
    If runes are inevitable in tower and we wont be able to see tower mobs runes, can we see rune power of each floors at least ? that way we have rough estimation of how strong they will be before entering a floor.
  • DevilJhonsDevilJhons Member
    edited July 12
    challenge for devs